UK Grower Needs As Much Info On Coco Coir

• Thread starter sir_diesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sir_diesel

Hi there all, I am making the best decision in life by switching to coc, iv heard nothing but positive reviews and ease of the style. I am an amateur at growing altogether with half a grow under my belt as my NFT grow is still in 5 weeks flower.

So people tell me what you know about growing in coco! I need info on what types of coco available in UK. Not really interested in coco slabs, want to do pot grows, minimum height in flower is 2-3ft. So if anyone can advise what litre pots to grow in?

Also should I place pots in saucers for run off?

I am going to use canna nutrients only. (If anyone has a feeding schedule in 'litres' not gallons please share)

Another key question, how many pots in the space of 400w, 600w etc ..

Last of all, what are the benefits of growing in coco, ie yield taste etc ..

PLEASE & THANKS IN ADVANCE :banana1sv6:

A

areUkind

this is all information you can find by doing a little research.

do your homework.

S

sir_diesel

I have been thru the threads can't find specific answers only a experienced grower would know :(

V

VAPOUR

I use the canna a+b as my base for additives i use regen a root, headmasta and superior potash all from canadian xpress. canna gets pricey lol

S

sir_diesel

Yeah I know, I was thinking of using straight canna all the way, I'm 1 of those guys that sticks to a brand! Any advice while growing coco in the uk of course? Like anything extra I should be watching out for or doing?

O

onaeun

If you want a basic breakdown...off the top of my head...

You will need calmag, micros, if you are using RO. Basically remember that coco has nothing in it that would basically be in your indoor soil.

Your questions,
I don't live in the uk, but coco in general will be the same whatever brand you get for the most part. Just make sure, if you get coco brick, to flush it out pretty well as it could have salts in it.
I would always have a saucer to collect run off. I dont run off a whole lot, but i do feed until I see some.
Indoors, i don't think you need pots bigger than 3-5 gallon for flowering plants. Unless you're going for monster yields...but you'd need to increase light also.
400w, for me I'd flower 2-4 plants under depending on size, but you can be sure I'll be using the bleed off light as well.
600w 2-8 depending on size.

I like coco because you can feed often, thus growing almost like hydro.

S

sir_diesel

Yeah, I hear only but good stuff for coco! Will be exciting to use a method I can get hands on with

Top Bottom