Uk growers and smart meters!

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Hi folks im just wondering if any of you guys are from the UK and have a smart meter?

My monthly statement (last month) said i used 800kw from the 14 of June to the 14th of july.

Then i Google the average usage for my size property and it i seem to be using nearly 2.5x the normal usage.

Now when we moved into this property the electricity was already owned by the company were still with and was already a smart meter and they couldn't or rather wouldn't change the meter back to the old school one.

So wether i like it or not im stuck with this bastard thing but theres alot of contradictory info out there about how electricity companies in the UK especially are using smart meters to pinpoint grow ops and passing info over to the authorities as they can specifically spot and highlight patters or peaks and troughs such as everything powering on at once using timers and 18/6 or 12/12 light cycles.

Is this just yet more scaremongering or is this becoming an issue for growers in the uk? I must admit i feel a little paranoid now but i just wanted to see if any of you guys have any info on this topic before i do my own head in.

By the way, i pay my elec and do not bypass!

Cheers folks

Peace out ✌️

Top Bottom