Ulcer and smoking?

• Thread starter BudBlazer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudBlazer

Ok guys, I was diagnosed with an ulcer a few years ago and I have been told many times not to smoke as it will irritate the ulcer.
SO what say you? Should I find an alternative such as edibles or tinctures?
I think the acid levels in a tincture wouldnt really do me any good either. Anyone else out there have an ulcer and smoke?
I am quitting drinking as of today as well, so that should make a huge difference.

K

Kennie_B

bet if you quit drinkin, you'll be fine! might as well be gasoline your drinkin with an open sore in your stomach!

D

Dubwobble

Smoking can cause ulcers. Unfortunately. It also seems to aggrevate them. Watch what you eat and stop drinking, and maybe try using over the counter products like Pepcid. Avoid smoking when you feel pain from the ulcers.

M

MadSeason

Hey BudBlazer. There is a cure for ulcers. Were you tested for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). 9 out of 10 times when a person has an ulcer it is caused by this bacterium. Most ulcers are caused by an infection, not spicy food, acid or stress. The cure is treatment for a few weeks on some antibiotics. Check it out bro.

PEACE

B

BudBlazer

Alright just got back from the docs and apparently I dont have an ulcer anymore! :D Thats good news. But I still have to quit drinking, dont think I can stop smoking, it never creates more pain than it cures. Doc gave me some proton inhibitors or whatever and told me to stay on those for 4-6 weeks and dont drink a drop.

MadSeason: I was tested for that last time but I dont think thats what it was. But I am definitely quitting drinking no matter what. But thanks for the tip.

Gonna try to change up my diet a little and not eat so much spicy food.

L

Lost

The PPI's work very well. They decrease the level of stomach acid produced. Im guessing you got some Protonix (the best shit, lol) or Prilosec. Yea, if you can do it don't drink. Im trying to kick that one myself.. :)

B

BudBlazer

I wish I got Protonix, that shit is the best. What I was taking a few years ago. She didnt have samples of that though, and samples are all I can afford. I got Kapidex. Seems to be helping though. Ill know in a few weeks.

N

NeBr8D

If you really really want to get rid of an ulcer, drink cabbage juice. You will have to want to get rid of it pretty bad for you to do it, but I guarentee cabbage juice will cure any ulcer or gaesteral intestinal problems (GERD, acid reflux, etc).

Cabbage juice is absolutely disgusting, but it works. Drink 1-3 250ml cups/day. mix it with carrot juice or a similar sugary flavourful juice to attempt to make it taste better.

Unfortunately the vitamin thats only in cabbage that cures ulcers etc is destroyed when cabbage is cooked, thats why it has to be juice. 100 years ago everybody ate cabbage regularily, and noone had any stomach problems. How much cabbage do you eat? let alone raw cabbage?

Try it if your desperate enough to stomach it, it totally does work, its just really gross.

Top Bottom