Ultrasonic Fog Cloning

• Thread starter jed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jed420

jed420

I originally started cloning with old school dip in gel place in media techniques that brought forth 69-80% success. I then advanced to a 36 site low pressure aeroponics clone king which put me at the 100% mark. Seeing root nubs at 4 to 5 days. I've recently moved to a diy Ultrasonic Fog cloner with complete failure. The diy Ultrasonic Foger is comprised with a 27 gallon tote shaved down to 6" tall to insure the heavy fog reaches the clone stalks. The root zone is kept at 68 F, with Dutch master zone insuring a non living environment within the zone. Tap water to incorporate a little nutrition and ramp up the death rate of pathogens. I live in Vegas where you rarely see humidity over 29% so I built a humidity dome to Insure survival. I light the situation with 2 26 watt CFL as on a 24 on cycle. No fertilizer... I've had 3% success. The problem is evident when looking in the Rez. The stalks of the clone's are brown and soft. HElp please

brazel

brazel

Do you have fresh air blowing in to the root zone and any exhaust?

brazel

brazel

from my ultra sonic fogger
Screenshot 20171122 073506

brazel

brazel

I originally started cloning with old school dip in gel place in media techniques that brought forth 69-80% success. I then advanced to a 36 site low pressure aeroponics clone king which put me at the 100% mark. Seeing root nubs at 4 to 5 days. I've recently moved to a diy Ultrasonic Fog cloner with complete failure. The diy Ultrasonic Foger is comprised with a 27 gallon tote shaved down to 6" tall to insure the heavy fog reaches the clone stalks. The root zone is kept at 68 F, with Dutch master zone insuring a non living environment within the zone. Tap water to incorporate a little nutrition and ramp up the death rate of pathogens. I live in Vegas where you rarely see humidity over 29% so I built a humidity dome to Insure survival. I light the situation with 2 26 watt CFL as on a 24 on cycle. No fertilizer... I've had 3% success. The problem is evident when looking in the Rez. The stalks of the clone's are brown and soft. HElp please
A clone doesn't need any product to root, if you use anything use aloe.

jed420

jed420

All it needs is moisture, quit learning from companies propaganda
I mean old old school... When there was little information out there.. 30 years ago. The only thing I had to learn from was my own mistakes.. Back when the 420 was made to create a sense of unity

jed420

jed420

I'm surprised no corporation has started production on fogoponics. To my knowledge there isn't anything out there yet. Myself I don't think it's an advancement to high pressure aeroponics .

brazel

brazel

I mean old old school... When there was little information out there.. 30 years ago. The only thing I had to learn from was my own mistakes.. Back when the 420 was made to create a sense of unity
True but it got taken over by companies

brazel

brazel

I saw a ez clone 32 on Craigslist for 60 so I picked it up. I've had clones in it 30 hours and they don't look any different than they did on the plant. Perfect
I meant companies nutrient products. Of course there's nothing wrong products like that!

brazel

brazel

I'm surprised no corporation has started production on fogoponics. To my knowledge there isn't anything out there yet. Myself I don't think it's an advancement to high pressure aeroponics .
It's way easier!

brazel

brazel

What are a few tips you can offer for fog cloning?
sealed dark root zone, drill two extra holes when you drill clone holes but at a half inch. Small fan to blow breeze into root zone, use like 2" pvc 90's for vent to prevent light. Timer good 3on 3 off I like.

jed420

jed420

sealed dark root zone, drill two extra holes when you drill clone holes but at a half inch. Small fan to blow breeze into root zone, use like 2" pvc 90's for vent to prevent light. Timer good 3on 3 off I like.
Imma do just that. Thank you for the advise

brazel

brazel

My rez is approximately 18" x 24" with 8 rows of 12. I have 2 single ultrasonic foggers in it. Is that too many, not enough or good?
Look at the root zone... is it foggy? If so it's good! But yes two is good

Go for the foggiest you can get with the least amount of foggers

Inbudwetrust

Inbudwetrust

I get 95% dipping and plugging . I always make 10% more which I always end up giving away . I use those plugs . Truck with all small cubes is to make sure there is good contact with the medium . I stick a pair of scissors down the hole all the way through on plugs or rock wool starters as well . Then I soak for 2 min in h2o dip and plug . I like to push it all the way through then pull it back so it’s not visible . Do this and be organized and there is no need for all that fancy cloning shit . Put that money into something else in your grow .

Latest posts

Top Bottom