Un Informed Bud Tenders!!!

• Thread starter JBones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JBones

JBones

Im just wondering why is it that %100 of all the Bud tenders dont know anything about the meds they are dispensing. Ask a question and the answer is always " Uh.. Im not sure ...... uh.. er... uhhh"
What experiences have you guys had with bud tenders?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Budtenders as a whole are a joke. Most are eye candy and have no clue about strains. Even when they have knowledge they are only concerned with moving the oldest product first. I despise them generally.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Budtenders as a whole are a joke. Most are eye candy and have no clue about strains. Even when they have knowledge they are only concerned with moving the oldest product first. I despise them generally.

Exactly!! The eye candy can be nice to look at though lol, I say don't allow them to be your source of knowledge..... be it yourself and do a lil research, knowledge is power! The dispos in my area know I'm not for no ish, when I come in and they only show me the primo stuff..... sometimes I see something on the shelf that looks appealing and ask them to see it and they're usually like naw bro you won't like it lol

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Atleast they have SOMETHING you like @symbiote420, that never happens in my neck of the woods.

It's like any other retail job. Uninterested people selling crap they don't know shit about. Memorize a couple lines your boss taught you and repeat them all day.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The bud tender at Little Trees in Arnold is a fantastic bud tender. Harborside has some decent bud tenders as well. Most in the industry are too medicated and don't know anything about cannabis as a whole. Some times I wonder how this mutli billion dollar industry survives with all the uninformed people working in the industry. A testimony to how great cannabis itself is, it's a way of life.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Im just wondering why is it that %100 of all the Bud tenders dont know anything about the meds they are dispensing. Ask a question and the answer is always " Uh.. Im not sure ...... uh.. er... uhhh"
What experiences have you guys had with bud tenders?
None whatsoever. Maybe they don't know that much because they haven't had experience and shop owners don't have a training program in place.
Atleast they have SOMETHING you like @symbiote420, that never happens in my neck of the woods.

It's like any other retail job. Uninterested people selling crap they don't know shit about. Memorize a couple lines your boss taught you and repeat them all day.
I've worked a LOT of retail. The best retail jobs were the ones where my boss took the time to educate me on the products (or animals as the case often was) I was selling. :)
The bud tender at Little Trees in Arnold is a fantastic bud tender. Harborside has some decent bud tenders as well. Most in the industry are too medicated and don't know anything about cannabis as a whole. Some times I wonder how this mutli billion dollar industry survives with all the uninformed people working in the industry. A testimony to how great cannabis itself is, it's a way of life.
Are you that close to me that you're going to Little Trees? :o

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am close to Sonora, and Little Trees and I are working on a contract. They don't need much medicine but I want to supply it! My family has a cabin in Arnold, so I am over that way all the time. Got grow buddies in Mokelumne Hill and Angels camp. I am all over the 209. Where about are you living SeaMaiden?

JBones

JBones

Ok, it's not all Bud tenders in the industry.... Just the ones around me haha. But seriously most pple have smart phones and internet/wi-fi are everywhere, with applications like leafly and such you can look up a strain in seconds but yet so many tenders chose not to and so many times I'm left scratching my head wondering "Gee.. I wonder what strain this is" So here I am looking it up on my phone only to be asked many times by the tender "what is it? lol. O well soon my Milf strain will finish up :cool:

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

JBones - For real! With the library of Alexandria at our fingertips with cell phones, why are so many people uninformed? Even with their professions? I hope one day these people find passion in their work, makes life more happy. lol. Can't tell you how many times when I was working in the trades where I stopped and Googled something to help me finish the job.

SeaMaiden - What do you think of the bud tender at Little Tree's?

colostoney

colostoney

ive never went to a dispensary yet cuz I always got bud but no money
but hellya I want a cute bud tender with friendly boobs to show me buds for hours

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

Some can have good recommendations and I always ask for what they think the best they have is. Most of the time I get good feedback confirmed through bag appeal. Otherwise the question shows how ignorant they are and I just humor them and make my own choices. Boobs are nice but irrelevant

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

Exactly!! The eye candy can be nice to look at though lol, I say don't allow them to be your source of knowledge..... be it yourself and do a lil research, knowledge is power! The dispos in my area know I'm not for no ish, when I come in and they only show me the primo stuff..... sometimes I see something on the shelf that looks appealing and ask them to see it and they're usually like naw bro you won't like it lol
I like the places that do that. Pull the jars you know I am going to want to see

colostoney

colostoney

well ive had all the weed I want for 20 years easy....boobs are harder to keep around Ill take boobs over bud any ol day
I wanna see them bounce n giggle happy n friendly to me too before I buy ANYTHING :D
ROTFLMAO I don't want their weed

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JBones - For real! With the library of Alexandria at our fingertips with cell phones, why are so many people uninformed? Even with their professions? I hope one day these people find passion in their work, makes life more happy. lol. Can't tell you how many times when I was working in the trades where I stopped and Googled something to help me finish the job.

SeaMaiden - What do you think of the bud tender at Little Tree's?
I couldn't say, I've never been there, I just know of them and their location. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe the best bud tender is someone that grows !!!!
Same for aquarium shop employees, IMO/IME. But this does beg the question (as it doesn't with aquarists) -- how many growers have the time/desire to be bud tenders? Is it common?

colostoney

colostoney

that is probably what the better clients want too medusa btu idk about the young weed scene there is some definite shadiness
clos dispensaries hire the youngest employees possible who are super happy to work for hardly nothing even as growers
I tried to get a farmer job at a grip of them and they actually wanted inexperienced people weird since most them were doing ok
and from what I have seen through others the weed they sell is sorta sucky mids at best. It is crazy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sometimes the inexperienced are preferred because they haven't been... "tainted" by someone else's training, or even their own. I've run across that a few times before running fishrooms when someone I hired wanted to do things their way and not mine.

Top Bottom