Unconventional grows...

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

If you're like me, you spend a lot of time dreaming of ridiculous places and methods to grow your herb. I think it's time to start a thread showing off our favorite unconventional grows.

Here's the original Fort Wendy:
2010ftwendy

That's a converted logpile I used for light dep a few years ago. The goal was to pull off an outdoor run right under the noses of the family and friends visiting our new house that summer. It worked to fool the oldies, but friend's knew what was up. Neighbors didn't notice a damn thing...

When people would visit I would just pull the dep cover and tarps over the top, plop a few logs on that, and *BAM* no more greenhouse. Well, kind of... it was perfect besides the sound of a dehumidifier emanating from that pile of logs. And the stink.

Eventually the osb door was covered with black paint and decorated with log ends so it looked just like the rest of the heap. The gables were some times filled with logs, or other times left open to breathe depending on conditions. It was a fair amount of labor to build and tough to keep cool, but I ended up with many months worth of medicine for all the effort, and it barely cost $100 to construct. It is still standing today, tho the canopy is now long gone.

Unconventional grows 2

Unconventional grows 3

Anyhow.

Let's see your most ridiculous outdoor setups... the more off the wall, the better. Maybe these mutant grows will spark an idea for somebody new. I hope so! Have fun & cheers, ftw

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Nice strain Fort Wendy!
I did exactly the same thing when I was 12,with two brick pallets.Bricked up the gap,meshed in the plant,and grew the buds we called Snow,from cambodian genetics.
My best set up was in caravan and a trailer with posts and a grow mesh cover.When things looked a bit sus,we could hook up a car,and drive off with the crop! and tilt the trailer towards the sun,move it to higher ground etc.
I once saw a crop with tracks laying outside it.The train tracks were for an old gutted carriage.When the flying pigs came to spy,the carriage was rolled over the garden,to cover it.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Thanks guys! That old cabin is a pearl...

I have no idea how many cords it took - all the wood was left by the previous owner. The original pile was huge. Maybe 6+...
2010odbuild

2010odbuildi

You can see the interior door with a cutout for the fan I added to battle July heat...it sucked air in through the gables...kind of backward, but it was the only way I could hide the fan inside the pile. In retrospect I would have just used a few 8" centrifugals hung at the peak, but hindsight is 20/20.

2010odfandoor

Little PK's and a few Kali mists foreground, another larger Kali in the background against wall. Bush on left is Hindu Kush X Sk1, and behind her was another large PK bush.

Some PK x Masterwreck - pretty but she was bland
MWPKod2010

and some Kali mist around 40 days in... she was fun, just LOVED the sun and heat.
2010od42kali

reeldrag

reeldrag

That is AWESOME!!!!!!! wish I had a picture but we cut the top off this old broken down panel van that was sitting in the weeds behind the farm I grew up on put sheets of plexi glass on top and did a small grow in that worked ok for a bunch of knott head teenagers they never flew back then. The fun thing like 20 yrs later my grandfather opened up the back and saw the top was cut off and all he kept saying was why would someone steal the roof my cousin and I couldnt stop laughing

ftwendy

ftwendy

Let's see what you guys have!!! Come on!
Even if it's just a pot or two hidden on a fire escape - put it up. Cheers, be safe out there!ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

This kicks ass. Living in the midwest ive done some weird shit to gets by

Necessity is the mother of invention, MWD. :)

The craziest outdoor setup I've ever seen was in the midwest. It was under a trampoline.

This guy was growing in his suburban cul de sac neighborhood. There was ZERO privacy, since the development was nothing more than houses built in an old corn field, but he was dead set on pulling a crop...

Basically the trampoline itself was like his shade cloth. The lower perimeter of the tramp. was wrapped with white plastic privacy trellis (the cross hatch stuff) and some more shade cloth to obscure the plant profile underneath... the setup breathed really well, and I assume if it were in a better location (trampoline was somewhat shaded) and under better care, that bad boy would have been a real cash cropper. The guy said that the only really tough part of growing under the trampoline was keeping his kids from bouncing for a whole summer.... :)

The same idea would work great just about anywhere, especially if you excavated underneath to give more 'head room' for your ladies.

bongstar

bongstar

Excelent bro love the hide and the nuggs are absoulutly beautifulll congrats and keep up the good work.

Top Bottom