uNDER cURRENT :16'x16' (9x 1k) collective grow

• Thread starter Mos Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mos Bud

Greetings bredren, I've been reading and soaking up knowledge from some of you UC superstars, and am decided that it is the way to go. My medical collective just opened doors, and i'm just beginning to put together things for the back room. let me just run everything by ya'll and see what bounces off, and what sticks.
This is my 1st hydro grow, after a hiatus, with years of indoor and outdoor soil ops. My close friend whom we employ is seasoned at coco systems, and will be on hand, but this is my baby and I'm not pulling any punches.

So here's the preliminaries:
veg: 8' x 10' with t5s or LEDs , ccuc8-32 hole

flower: 15.5' x 16.5'
3 x under current UCXL12
9 x 1000 watt (phillips agro-lite) horizontal
MAgnum xxxl hoods (8" port)
lumatek ballasts
carbon filter scrub
thats 1 light per 4 sites. 36 sites total.
gonna get co2 burner, chiller, dehumidifier, r/o.
powerboxs DPC-7500 ; DPC-7500 combo each 30amp.
I have 2 x 30 amp 240v available, and 1 x 20 amp 110v in the room, with a 50 amp i can pull from the kitchen (range) if needed, at this point i'm trying to avoid using.
The grow is on the top floor of an office building, and i'm in the process of rerouting an A/C just for my flower room.... they are heat pumps my hvac guy said so there's no BTUs involved. There are four to our floor, and i imagine one of them would keep my room at a nice temp. Also rerouting the fart fan for the private bathroom next to my room as the exit for the lighting air cooled system, which will be pulling from the room i am taking the A/C from. after taking advice from peeps on here, I'm gonna install a UV light in the air handler, and probably one of those electric zappy filters as well.
Trying to decide which controllers to get. will begin shopping for everything as soon as my HVAC stuff is completed.
also debating my NUte lineup. Close to organic as possible would be nice, but I don't want the sludge. I'm familiar with House and Garden and would love to run the complete line, but am wondering about their compatibility with the UC system, as oxygenated as it is. I imagine H&G is clean enough to run. anyone use H&G in UC system?
Also, What do you guys think about using Sure-to-grow vs. hydroton? at least in veg?
Strains will most likely be Headband, Sour D, purple kush, there are many other strains available to me which I may just throw in for a trial run.
I'm looking forward to sharing with you all , and having you all share with me. I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, but hey, don't we all. :afroweed:

so what am i forgetting/ overlooking? thx.

M

Mos Bud

more questions

oh and a couple more questions : how much MORE power you think i'll need for my co2 burner, chiller, dehumidifier, air and water pumps? I will do the math when i finalize my shopping list but any ball park figures would help.

the other question: is it ok to leave the co2 at a consistent level and just run my three systems at different stages of growth (to provide a more frequent harvest), or do i need to raise it up gradually when they are smaller?

Doing them all at the same time would be good too because i wouldn't have to mix up different batches of nutes for each ccxl12 system. would this allow me to just run one rez (with another rez to top that one off with a float valve- both about 150 gal) for all 3 systems?

:party0036:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Looking forward to seeing this grow......got any pics of your set up yet.

M

Mos Bud

yeah there's nothing to see yet - just a big empty room with some plugs and some water hookups.... will put up pics as soon as it develops. and tree : if i did vert. i'd have to run that 50 amp to get enough plants and lights to fill the space- and more a/c even if they were air cooled. seems maybe i'm being a weeny and doing the more eggs more baskets approach, but if this goes well and space and time permit, believe i'll be setting up a patient or two with the vert uc system. Do you think 1 light per 4 sites horizontally would be adaquate? its gotta kill it better than a drip with the same setup.

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Your alittle short on lite rule of thumb is 50watts per sqf. your at 31ish need to bump light up to 12 1000w sytems. A/C works out to avg 5,000btu's per 1000w light with no venting or external help.

U

UNCLEJOE

yup this grow should rock..!!!
Hand G seems to be fine for my UC
you want t o maintain the CO2 a tabout 1500 during lights on

M

Mos Bud

yeah thanks luke i realize that now... so there'll be a slight space in between rows... if i was gonna run 12 ks i'd try to set it up with 4 systems, like tree says- 1k per 4 sites will work good. thanks guys- there's been a slight delay on everything due to financials and getting my a/c re routed but it's still a go... will get back on this thread more often when shit is up and pumping or when i got some construction questions. thanks yall.

U

UNCLEJOE

Im runnin 2K per 6 sites on my UC..i did 4 per k but the plants seemed crowded

IDK

Phaivor

Phaivor

it sounds hardcore i cant wait to see this play out, + you said the UC will be on the top floor of a business building, I would make a empty pond in the room under to UC's so if you have any water leaks it wont flood the building... your pond walls should be about waist high just to make shore of no floods

IMG 2389
IMG 2387
Top Bottom