Under Current net pot sizes

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

Id like to hear opinions on net pot sizes for the UC, either 5.5" or 8"?

Does the 5.5 actually offer more support than the 8 bc there is less material taken from the lid than for the 8? I know that lids fall through at the bucket lip and I know new lids are on their way but still.

Is the 8 necessary for growing the larger trees, stability wise? Would the 5.5 choke a plant if the trunk ever got that big?

The 5.5 is more convienient for vegging in the UC with the dual 5.5 lid, space wise, is why im asking.

Thanks everyone. :harvest:

M

mcpuffin

Check out opt1c's thread on hear. Pretty sure he was using 5.5" net pots. His plants & stock were huge, & don't he had any issues with the plants being choked out. He did have the nice Burpee folding tomato cages for support though.

squarepusher

squarepusher

fairly sure the netpot need to be big enough for the stem at the minimum

R

Randyb

I presented the same question a few days ago to my hydro guy and he said the root mass becomes so large and heavy it helps to hold the plant in place. Another farmer who has shone me his pic's duct taped tomato cages to the outsides of the buckets for added support. I went with the 8 inch 8 gallon setup. Depending on the size of your tree's I think extra support may be needed regardless of net pot size.

Top Bottom