Under current set up--- in odd room

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I need some help planning my undercurrent system. I have 3 years in organics and I want a lower maintenance sytem and faster turn overs. Not to mention more control over what is in the "medium" where as soil and coco tend become unbalanced with time. So the flower room is 9ftx3.5ft- I run a 12,000 btu window unit.I have two 1000w- Hortilux hps bulbs and one solar max 400w hps. One 6"430cfm fan and one 8" 740 cfm ecoplus fan running out of 6"exuast duct. I just ordered the PondMaster AP-100, I will use disc diffusers in each 5 gal bucket. I would run 16 buckets or i could use large tubs if that would be bettter but then no leaf pluckin as I love to remove leaves as to brighten up the shaded bud sites it would be tough to get in there with the larger tubs. I want to run 3 inch pvc with uniseals. I will order the hy-drive Danner 1600GPh pump as soon as my air pump arrives. Should I use 8 or 10 inch bucket lid net pots. should I use Hydroton or lava rocks? I am thinking of what nutes to use as I grow organics plus bigbud so H&G would be tits except for the $600 price tag and for the fact that no one here carries them. So maybe DutchMasterGold and some AN P-K booster bigbud and/or hammer head or kushiekush? I need some direction here so I can have a steller run first time out UC sytem. I also will run sunleaves 1/4 hp chiller.

sky high

sky high

Yo.

I have a DIY (Dummy in Yerpresence) UC thread on here if yer interested in takin a look.
(you can see my old configuration and my new one I'm about to run there)

It's a hard concept comin from soil....but my first advice would be to take everything you are planning here and cut it in 1/2...if not more. (Less is More)

> 4 < buckets in that space will fill it wall-to-wall with no room to move with a 2 week veg. Unless you are going to SOG em or are looking to NOT veg em I wouldn't put more than 6 buckets in there. Doing so, IMO, is just gonna be more work....not more yield. Honestly...you just WON'T FUCKIN BELIEVE the growth you'll see in this system when it starts rocking.

dunno how 3" pvc/uniseals will work in 5 gals. anyone?

go SIMPLE and CLEAN (and 1/2 strength) on yer nutes. Trust me. The LAST thing you want is root rot or a dirty system or both.

others will have a lot more to say. Most of what I screwed up on/learned is in my thread so I won't go over the details here yet again. Just K.I.S.S and you will be golden!!

s h

R

RMCG

ghettogro was trying to run larger uniseals in brute trashcans. The rounded nature of the cans made them leak. Perhaps the 2" would have worked better for him.

I think Giddeon? set up a system with large colored 'play' buckets for his mothers.

Uniseals definitely work on rounded surfaces, but if they bend too much, they will leak.

I use 18g and 27g totes and 2" PVC. Will be 'upgrading' to 3" on the next setup.

DM Gold rocks in the system. Check out Rollin's and BG's threads.

I'm building a veg/mother setup using 5g buckets and 1" PVC. Not sure I would want to flower with 1" though for fear of roots clogging.

Oh yeah, and head over to the newly created Under Current forum after you have gone through SH's awesome DIY thread.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Sky high,Well then i can just run square bucktes i guess but I really think ordering buckets is a P.I.T.AAnd will likely cost six to ten time more than five gal that are 2.50 a peice at the depot. So I thought i would remove alot of the branches as to have like for main branches and veg super quick. I mean are the plants gonna grow 3.5 feet wide with 2-3 weeks veg under 2000w hps light???? plus i have many strains and not much space so i wanted 16 or at least ten, and when you said cut it all in half did you mean the pumps too???

R

RMCG

18g and 27g totes can be found at Home DePot.

27g tote is ~9-12$ with a lid.

sky high

sky high

Yup...everything. The 8 bucket UC direct from UC only uses a 500gph pump and an A-40.

Kittly litter comes in pails that would work well. Not $2.50 each tho...

you should check TK's first UC thread and see for yourself what 3 weeks of veg will do in one of these systems. 12" or less to a 3 ft BUSH in 3 weeks.... (but that's also TK)

just tryin to save ya some cash and headaches....

s h

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Shit fire! i already ordered the the PondMasterAP-100......Skyhigh i alredy have read alot of the larger UC threads and that is what has inspired me to go for it. I wanted the larger pump so I can add on later when i get more space. I am sure I can cut flow in half some how. So should I get something like a 1200 gph mag drive danner then? Maybe adding a venturi aerator would slow down some gph on the water flow. I am under the impression that you can not have too much air but too much force or movement from violently bubbling air will damage roots. If I am wrong please chime in. So maybe plastic screens in the bottom to help diffuse the air more gently if it is at a "rolling bubble" from the larger pump. Also probally gonna do run DutchMasterGold and some silica stuff with AN big bug powder and some hammerhead although I haven't ever read about DM bloom or P-K boosters.

sky high

sky high

I control the flow of air in my system with inline ball valves. I have it set up so I can isolate the airflow on each side as well as in the control bucket.

My 1200 Danner works great but it's more gph than CC uses. Dunno if that's good or bad.
It too can be throttled down a bit with a ball valve.

Again..not trying to discourage you just tryin to help you not spend more than necessary.

can't wait to see what ya come up with!

s h

S

Socachi

Something that UC (Current Culture) discourages is using too large a pump. According to them it will suck the roots down the pvc and clog the system. Now it's try that roots will get in the pvc w the smaller pumps but why encourage it.
As for the kitty litter buckets they're only 4 gal.
Contact CC and ask them what size pumps the rec.
As was already mentioned 4 buckets and 1 light will be plenty for the size room you have. From all I've seen on here you'll have a forest in there.
Listen to Sky & RMCG they know their shit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom