under ground grow room tips

• Thread starter tyrese wilson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tyrese wilson

I have a 23x23 space under my garage (BASEMENT) we are doing a hydroponics deep water system.. With the lights hanging in the rafters shooting directly into an 8ft deep 23x23 "hole in the ground" do you think using 15-20 gallon buckets with 6 on each 4x8 tray for a total of 6 trays & 12 lights, Do you think we can get @ least a pound off each Plant growing them for 16 wks instead of 8 or 9 weeks and with the light directly over the plants the whole time with out burning them..??????

bobby

bobby

Do a lot of research before starting this project, spending the time to research every detail will earn you the most amount of profit.

Yes, you can grow 1 lb plants, but there is a lot of research that goes into this. You will need to use hydroponics and deep water culture is a great place to start.

Your last question about burning your plants will be determined by how high your ceiling is.

Try to design your room to have a uniform canopy. 6 plants on a 4x8 won't be maximizing your lighting. You can do 1 plant per light, which is 2 per 4x8. If you try to put 3 per light at 1 lb per plant, it's impossible.

There are many questions that need to be answered in order to maximize your space and project.

If you're using individual large plants, you probably don't need tables. You can simply use a bucket system that is piped together and have them directly on the ground.

Design everything on paper before you begin, down to the inch. It sounds like you have a great opportunity here to do a nice grow...take your time and plan it correctly if you want to cash out handsomely in the end.

It's daunting for first timers, but you should research the Under Current system.

P

paulycali

Veg them for at least 2-3 months then yes you will get 1 pound per plant

Lots of supercropping and training on these plants will needed for sure. Dont think you can just plant a seed or clone and stick a light over her and expect a pound per plant. Get real. Training on all plants is a must and is very time consuming. You can do it for sure and hope you pull it off but there will be lots of work. Good luck keep it real and have a happy growing of a day :)

St3ve

St3ve

No way.. sorry but its hard for people to pull 3# from 8 plants under two 1k much less 6#'s. with 6 plants under two 1k's.

Now as mentioned.. if your goal is simply 1 pound plants then sure as mentioned you'll have to train them nicely and only put one to one and a half plants per 1k. Which would mean 3 plants per 2k on the 4x8 tables. More realistically would be to load your 6 plants per table and shoot for half pound plants or a little more. 4# with six plants under 2k is not something I've seen anyone do around here.. including myself.

F

Franklin P. Nug

You'll never pull alot of weight like that. Ventilation is key. A better set up would be 3 600's. 1000's are way to hot for such a small area. I'd even go down to 400's. 4x8 is pretty small. You'll peak at just over a lbs per grow. Sure you "could" get more, but that isnt realistic. The space may be cool, but I'd look else where..

G

Growops

400s are garbage to produce weight . yes they work but.... in this case so are 600s . if u want 1p plants youll definatly be using 1000s thats a fact. if i was looking for huge plants id try a vert set up with an UC system . but even still reserch and exp are both the main factors . bobby is right

Top Bottom