Under lighted

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

i am out of room above my vegging plants. i have an extra cfl fixture i had above them at one point i was thinking of moving under them to shine light up toward the top. I was concerned about shining light on the bottom of the plant and damaging the leaves. I wasnt necessarily trying to 'sun' the bottoms but just provide more light up top near the canopy.

basically mount it vertically from a clip on the bench between the pots.

Img 0002 smjpg
S

stormannorm

i posted almost the same q a while ago and was told that it could stress the plant under lighting it.dunno for sure tho just sum food for thot for ya.peace

Dunge

Dunge

That look like one small tent.
Have you read up on LST? (low stress training)
Tie the branches down.
What is the table for?

drunknbass

drunknbass

That look like one small tent.
Have you read up on LST? (low stress training)
Tie the branches down.
What is the table for?

Yup, they are actually tied down, and have been training them for about 2 weeks.
The tent is 32x32x63
It is kinda small but i think itd big enough to veg 4 waterfarms in (we'll see)

they are on the stool so i can drain them easier. I will probably use a coat hanger and make the cfl sit horizontally in the middle right under the t5(if i even use it), just gotta wait for more yoyos and go buy a coat hanger.
i think even without the cfl this t5 has more than enough light for these 2 plants.

J

JCashman

i posted almost the same q a while ago and was told that it could stress the plant under lighting it.dunno for sure tho just sum food for thot for ya.peace

i dunno about that. with some strains that are very slow during veg (ie: GDP), i use as much extra lighting as possible and that includes/included underneath lighting as well. it has never caused, in my experience, any stress, stunts, or likewise related issues.

as long as you can control the heat, there is no such thing as "too much light". Because no matter how hard we try, we simply can not match the sun.

good luck!

drunknbass

drunknbass

i dunno about that. with some strains that are very slow during veg (ie: GDP), i use as much extra lighting as possible and that includes/included underneath lighting as well. it has never caused, in my experience, any stress, stunts, or likewise related issues.

as long as you can control the heat, there is no such thing as "too much light". Because no matter how hard we try, we simply can not match the sun.

good luck!

Sure, but afaik plants absorb the light on the top side. I see how much bending and twisting they do to get as much light hitting the tops as possible, but didn't really know how hitting the bottoms would make it behave

Top Bottom