Under or over fed?

• Thread starter Ruefuu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ruefuu

Ruefuu

So a little background, fox farm soil, phlizon 1500watt blurpee (250w actual) about 14"-16" away, temp stays 68-78 degrees, humidity 35-45, im starting week 6 of flower today. I feel like most of this discoloration started a few feedings ago when i fed them 2ml cal-mag, 5ml big bloom, 1.5ml tiger bloom, and ph to 6.5. Ive slowly worked my way up to this point but either it was too much or my plants have hit a point where they need much more and im honestly not experienced enough to tell the difference. I know ive been feeding like 1/4th of what fox farms reccomend, sometimes less. Thinking it was maybe too much i just fed them RO water Ph to 6.5 and may have noticed the spread slowing, possibly wishful thinking though. Any tips or questions are more than welcome.

Under or over fed
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So a little background, fox farm soil, phlizon 1500watt blurpee (250w actual) about 14"-16" away, temp stays 68-78 degrees, humidity 35-45, im starting week 6 of flower today. I feel like most of this discoloration started a few feedings ago when i fed them 2ml cal-mag, 5ml big bloom, 1.5ml tiger bloom, and ph to 6.5. Ive slowly worked my way up to this point but either it was too much or my plants have hit a point where they need much more and im honestly not experienced enough to tell the difference. I know ive been feeding like 1/4th of what fox farms reccomend, sometimes less. Thinking it was maybe too much i just fed them RO water Ph to 6.5 and may have noticed the spread slowing, possibly wishful thinking though. Any tips or questions are more than welcome.
What you are seeing might be normal leaf yellowing from flowering. At the end of flowering, plants draw nutrients and energy stored in the larger fan leaves. This causes the fan leaves to yellow and eventually die and fall off. If you are a little low on nutrients, it might show up a little earlier but for the most part, it is normal. The leaves, like tree leaves in autumn, can change colors as the chlorophyll breaks down and lets other colors be seen. Cooler temps can also cause purple colors to become dominant. I would give a small dose of Nitrogen only if possible... you are adding plenty of P and K in the bloom products you are using. The newer growth looks good, it is just the older leaves, usually starting at the bottom of the plant, that turn yellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom