Undercurrent/DWC Quantity vs Qaulity

• Thread starter tilopa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tilopa

tilopa

So, I'm about to start up a Under-current system after several years of dirt growing because I have heard so much about how yields are better with the DWC type system. But I wanted to know what people feel about the quality of the bud with the increased yields? On the one hand it makes sense that if the plant is growing strong and healthy that the quality would be better but that is not always the case.

What is the consensus regarding quality of a DWC system relative to other systems?

Thanks in advance.

T

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey bro great question. Ive had experience with both. No loss in quality from my experience. Actually got more resin production. The flavor wasnt rich and earthy at all, but was awesome in its own rite. Im sold on UC DWC systems!!! Once youve got things dialed in youll see what all the hype is about. Might take a run or two, but be patient, do your research and itll pay off bigtime!! Goodluck and congrats on strarting your new project!!!
Qq

Camnibus

Camnibus

I just switched to uc from rdwc, and chopped it week or so ago. If anything the quality/strength is actually higher. My yield was way off but I was kinda recovering from unintentionally trying to kill them. Still managed just under 3#'s with 2k. (sealed an all that)

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The explosive growth and stellar yields of the UC specifically and rdwc in general can defiantly translate into similar results with respect to thrichrome density (and thus overall thc content) as well as terpine production. The thing to keep in mind is that just like the explosive growth - its much more difficult to dial into these "perfect" ranges then it is with other more forgiving media.

tilopa

tilopa

Thanks all. yeah, that is what I suspected but just wanted to check. I have to admit I'm a little nervous because it has been pointed out so many times that with great potential gains comes great potential loss. Or as others have said dwc is less forgiving and will likely take me a few runs to dial it in. I'm trying to learn as much as I can to mitigate the losses and get it dialed in faster.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom