Underdeveloped flowering in my UC?

• Thread starter Horse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Horse

Hey Farmers. I am Running my first run in my new UC system. Everything has gone relatively smooth through the veg and early flower. I've been slowly raising my PPM's as needed through flower, and I'm now in day 1 of week 5 of 10 and flowers arent doing too well in the size dept and my ppm's are steady @ 700. I tried a flush for 6 hours which has usually gotten the girls hungry in the past but they don't seem to be consuming much. Should I be raising my PPM and forcing the girls to eat or ? Im worried this conservative diet is going to lead toward small yields.

I'm running Canna Flores nutes, CalMag, DM Zone, Cannazyme, and Big Bud.

Strain is a OG

Any advise?

H

Horse

These pics were taken in mid week 4 of flower.

0892.jpg

0872.jpg

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
have you ran this strain before? they dont look bad and og is typically not known to be high yielding

deacon1503

deacon1503

700ppm (on either conversion table) seems low to me for week 5 of flower with vert lighting in a UC.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
have you ran this strain before? they dont look bad and og is typically not known to be high yielding

They look happy to me as well. If they needed more food they would tell you, some strains slow down to a crawl for a bit and then plump up while they ripen.
FJ

H

Horse

This is the maiden voyage of the UC, as well as this strain in the UC. The strain has been run numerous times on flood tables via rockwool cubes and yields between 1.5-2.5 per light on horizontal lighting. Also the plants peak out around 1500ppm in rockwool if that gives you any info.

I'm Running a 500EC scale, and I just added a PK booster for week 5 and bumped food up a little. Still running steady @ 800+ for 24hrs. Im confused.

Also plants are about 5.5 feet tall and big and bushy.

H

Horse

They look happy to me as well. If they needed more food they would tell you, some strains slow down to a crawl for a bit and then plump up while they ripen.
FJ

I hope so, This is my first time growing any plant minus watering the grass and chia pets so I'm freakin out. lol

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
SOG is a whole different game, its not hard to squeeze a tray full of clones under a lamp and pull crazy amounts of buds.
keep a note book and write everything down and you will have a guide to go on for the next run (assuming you run the same strain).
FJ

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
750 isnt weak if you consider that UC recommends that you run nutes at half strength in the system

I think you could have done with some training to fatten the stems before they got that tall (thx capt hindsight)

some strains start off a bit slow and then surprise you week 6 or 7 when they really pack it on - so dont overthink it and try and pump them too hard - that could ruin your yield and make your weed poor quality

good luck mang

H

Horse

SOG is a whole different game, its not hard to squeeze a tray full of clones under a lamp and pull crazy amounts of buds.
keep a note book and write everything down and you will have a guide to go on for the next run (assuming you run the same strain).
FJ

Yeah Notetaking is def not my strongpoint. I'm going to have to work on that, I have absolutely nothing on paper about what I've done. My momory is point on tho most of the time thankfully.

@ Motherlode: Training the stems would involve bending them in ways to make them more stout?

I'm praying they start putting on weight!! Everyone is telling me push push more food more boosters and I'm fighting it cause they look so happy and healthy and green, But I'm not sure from a production standpoint if this is wise.

Thanks for the help Gents. :)

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
"I'm praying they start putting on weight!! Everyone is telling me push push more food more boosters and I'm fighting it cause they look so happy and healthy and green, But I'm not sure from a production standpoint if this is wise."

Whom ever it is thats telling you that more, more, more will make the plants fatter is mistaken (That only works with Americans...I kid). In fact less IS more with this type of system. Unless the persons giving you information has experience with RDWC there misleading you regardless of there good intentions. Your ladies look great (although I would like to see some more pictures), so just keep doing what your doing and see what happens in a few days. They will tell you what they need if you pay attention.
FJ

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes sir - you can lst (bend them) top them or super crop the shit out of them - I topped and super cropped my current grow - og's respond well

Farmer Jon is on point - less is more and keep it simple in the UC

H

Horse

"I'm praying they start putting on weight!! Everyone is telling me push push more food more boosters and I'm fighting it cause they look so happy and healthy and green, But I'm not sure from a production standpoint if this is wise."

Whom ever it is thats telling you that more, more, more will make the plants fatter is mistaken (That only works with Americans...I kid). In fact less IS more with this type of system. Unless the persons giving you information has experience with RDWC there misleading you regardless of there good intentions. Your ladies look great (although I would like to see some more pictures), so just keep doing what your doing and see what happens in a few days. They will tell you what they need if you pay attention.
FJ

Thanks! I've been all over the epicenter like white on rice constantly monitoring it. I definately noticed a slow down in consumption in the beginning of week 4. Plants seem to be happy where they are. I am generally recieving information from growers of other mediums. Ill take some more shots tomorrow and we'll see how they've progressed over the last 5 days.

@ ML: Alright I'll definately do that on my next run, I didn't learn supercropping until very recently and the girls arent growing much anymore so I didn't get a opportunity to implement.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Yeah Notetaking is def not my strongpoint. I'm going to have to work on that, I have absolutely nothing on paper about what I've done. My momory is point on tho most of the time thankfully.

@ Motherlode: Training the stems would involve bending them in ways to make them more stout?

I'm praying they start putting on weight!! Everyone is telling me push push more food more boosters and I'm fighting it cause they look so happy and healthy and green, But I'm not sure from a production standpoint if this is wise.

Thanks for the help Gents. :)

yeah man i'm with you note taking is not easy. i've used big white boards so i could just write down quickly what i did for the day that helps and then i document it permanently before i wipe it off. also do a journal here its the perfect way to keep track of stuff! not only will you have pictures clearly marked what day they are and what you feed you may get some proactive help you were not expecting from time to time from growers who notice things you didnt!

H

Horse

They don't look that bad...

When did you start the big bud?

What is your night air temp?

I flipped from MH 18/6 to HPS 12/12 on Dec 10th, Started Bud Igniter then.

Christmas eve I started Big bud.

Room temps are 80f lights on 70f lights of 55%RH 24/7

Should I be counting the first week of flower as a actual flowering week? I know its like a transition week thats more veg than flower.

@ Srt8Dank: I'm def gonna work on the notetaking. My inner child feels like I'm back in school so I think I'm unconsiously fighting it lol

Heading back in to take a look at mid week 5!! Pics to come :)

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Your lights on temps are a tad high. If you were adding co2 (@1500 ppm) you would want your temps around 80-85 lights on,70-75 without additional co2.
IMO (I realize there is some debate on this) you could lower the RH to around 40% for increased tric production (a dehumidifier is a growers best friend), if you are unable to control the humidity make sure to keep the air moving around the room (it would be a shame for those beauties to fall victim to one of the many vile forms of bud rot). Your ladies look great and you will find there are always improvements to be made,solving problems is what growing is all about.
As far as how many weeks of flower from start to finish go, the time given with any strain is a generic one meant to be used as a guide line and not as a set flowering time.
Pay attention to calyx swelling and trichome maturation, they are your best indicators of when to harvest. Take small samples when you think they may be ready and judge for yourself.
FJ

H

Horse

Your lights on temps are a tad high. If you were adding co2 (@1500 ppm) you would want your temps around 80-85 lights on,70-75 without additional co2.
IMO (I realize there is some debate on this) you could lower the RH to around 40% for increased tric production (a dehumidifier is a growers best friend), if you are unable to control the humidity make sure to keep the air moving around the room (it would be a shame for those beauties to fall victim to one of the many vile forms of bud rot). Your ladies look great and you will find there are always improvements to be made,solving problems is what growing is all about.
As far as how many weeks of flower from start to finish go, the time given with any strain is a generic one meant to be used as a guide line and not as a set flowering time.
Pay attention to calyx swelling and trichome maturation, they are your best indicators of when to harvest. Take small samples when you think they may be ready and judge for yourself.
FJ

I am running Co2 @ 1500 ppm

I was already considering a dehuey so I'll probly squeeze the trigger now and go get one.

I think my ADHD and all the chirping in my ear cost me. I pumped up my PPM's to 900 and now I'm yellowing and things look like theyre going backwards. :(

Top Bottom