• Thread starter MylesJM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MylesJM

Underfeeding or overfeeding canna coco
Canna nutrients.

Day 9 flower

Recently been feeding at 2 ml/litre of a & b which would give me a ppm between 650-750 including my tap water

They’ve been showing some nutrient burn and some new growth is completely destroyed

Have been pHing between 5.9/6.1 that’s what my pH pen says I am waiting for a Apera pen just to make sure it is correct.

Feeding everyday for run off when flushing the plants the colour that came out had a brown tinge.

I’ve flushed all plants with a light does of Canna a & b of 1ml per litre of water hoping to see a deficiency instead of any burn.
Underfeeding or overfeeding canna coco 2

bobbynomad

bobbynomad

Why are they clawing so bad? They just started to flower their autos
RDT 20240415 2034264276259267331540126

Choppr

Choppr

If your in Coco, (I assume you are) you will always have a brown tint in run-off. What size pots are you running? Have you measured run off? (ppm/PH) measuring run off is important! How is your Coco built?
Autos' dont like High ppm feeds especially in Hydro, and for their size Id say 500-600ppm max. late flower. (because theyre stressed id back off to 450 ppm),
in coco/hydro you have an advantage over soil, You can do "a flush and fill" with a corrective nutrient solution. mix a 450 ppm solution (including your tap) enough for both plants. then take 3 gal of plain water pH to 5.7 pour 1.5 gal thru each pot, flushing the media, then add 1 gal of your 450 ppm nutrient mix to each pot. (do not let them sit in their run-off ever - they must be on risers - empty saucers below the riser immediately)
Raise your lights to about 3 ft set light Power @ 75%. And wait it out 3 days.

Ive run cannabis for many years, Ive seen every deficiency known, that weird pinching in the middle of the leaf I have never seen! Whenever there is weird twisting or strange leaf malformation and insects have been ruled out, I suspect root pathogens.
The clawing and the rest is an easy fix in Hydro(coco/dwc).

Flush and fill with a corrective solution - back off on light pressure. They will be stressed for a couple more days.
tip: if your running coco, build your coco to fast drain / fast dry. 55/45 #3 Perlite. Right On!

M

MylesJM

If your in Coco, (I assume you are) you will always have a brown tint in run-off. What size pots are you running? Have you measured run off? (ppm/PH) measuring run off is important! How is your Coco built?
Autos' dont like High ppm feeds especially in Hydro, and for their size Id say 500-600ppm max. late flower. (because theyre stressed id back off to 450 ppm),
in coco/hydro you have an advantage over soil, You can do "a flush and fill" with a corrective nutrient solution. mix a 450 ppm solution (including your tap) enough for both plants. then take 3 gal of plain water pH to 5.7 pour 1.5 gal thru each pot, flushing the media, then add 1 gal of your 450 ppm nutrient mix to each pot. (do not let them sit in their run-off ever - they must be on risers - empty saucers below the riser immediately)

Ive run cannabis for many years, Ive seen every deficiency known, that weird pinching in the middle of the leaf I have never seen! Whenever there is weird twisting or strange leaf malformation and insects have been ruled out, I suspect root pathogens.

Flush and fill with a corrective solution - back off on light pressure. They will be stressed for a couple more days.
tip: if your running coco, build your coco to fast drain / fast dry. 55/45 #3 Perlite. Right On!
My new pH pen arrived yesterday so didn’t have chance to check the pH as already flushed them out I’ll be sure to check run off tonight.

I am running a 70/30 hydrocorn to coco ratio so the media does drain fairly quickly.

Have raised all lights in the tent and adjusted the output due to the stress they will encounter for sure.

I have 12 plants in total in my tent and all have been flushed with atleast 5 litres of light nutrients - around 400 ppm including 3 ml of pk 13/14

The pinching in the middle of the leaves is very strange to me aswell none of my previous grows have done it.

I’m thinking maybe some of my IPM solution has burnt them a little?

Running 3 gallon pots - coco being used is Canna coco professional plus+ so it is pre buffered and is high quality stuff. Also is a photoperiod plant and 10 days into flower now

M

MylesJM

Thank you for the help anyway. Overall I would say my plants look very healthy maybe a little N toxicity as you say like the clawing but I can back off the nitrogen and up the rest.

Just a very strange thing that is happening

Choppr

Choppr

@MylesJM
Thank you for the help anyway. Overall I would say my plants look very healthy maybe a little N toxicity as you say like the clawing but I can back off the nitrogen and up the rest.

Just a very strange thing that is happening
bobbynomad jumped on your thread i thought that was your post too - sorry I skimmed too fast.. ok you didnt mention IPM in your 1st post, depending on what why and how your using your PM Product it will destroy leaves, and cause malformations - anyway sounds like you got it handled -

M

MylesJM

@MylesJM

bobbynomad jumped on your thread i thought that was your post too - sorry I skimmed too fast.. ok you didnt mention IPM in your 1st post, depending on what why and how your using your PM Product it will destroy leaves, and cause malformations - anyway sounds like you got it handled -
All good brother thank you for the help.

Was a mixture of peppermint castile soap & 3% hydrogen peroxide diluted to a 1:9 ratio. Hopefully a little stayed on the leaves and this is happening as a cause from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom