Underfeeding? Possible Nute Lockout?

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

So the first 3 pics are the plant in question the last is just to give an idea of how others are reacting in the room... it was a mother that I'm deciding to flower I feel like it's been underfed and could definetely use nitrogen, maybe I'm forgetting something but in all of my research I don't recall if this occurs in general underfeeding... she is under a 1000w cooltube which may be a tiny too close but has been dimmed too 50% until I start flower .. just want to get this girl in good spirits again before I flip..due to changes in weather that I have not adjusted for the RH has been really low and they are possibly getting too cold at night.. if any more info is needed just ask thank you for any help
Underfeeding possible nute lockout
Underfeeding possible nute lockout 2
Underfeeding possible nute lockout 3
Underfeeding possible nute lockout 4

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Day night temps
Rh

That girl is gonna be a monster after stretch is over. Hope you have a super tall ceiling. If not, I'd chop the upper 50% off, give her 2 weeks to recover, then flip.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Coco/perlite ... always adjust to 5.8 ... but my runoff always comes off higher... I flushed about 9 gallons prior to charging my coco and it barley made a difference... runoff kept coming out at 6.5 no matter how much I flushed... I believe every other plant showed this same sign but look healthy sorry I should say the medium I'm using with each plant showed same sign

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0920
IMG 0921
IMG 0922
Day night temps
Rh

That girl is gonna be a monster after stretch is over. Hope you have a super tall ceiling. If not, I'd chop the upper 50% off, give her 2 weeks to recover, then flip.
26c during day 19-21c night (lately) a humidifier blew on me and they have been enduring 30-45% for over a week... I can raise the light only a slight bit more I'm guessing she's way too tough to try and LST down into place haha ... maybe I should get on that really don't want her to hug the 1000w she is the only tall one I was actually gunna have to raise the other 3

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you just flip the plant as is, she will be about 6" below the light after flip. Maybe slightly taller. Don't be afraid to tie girls down in veg. Just do it 2 weeks before flip, so the plant isn't stressed from what you do and flipping.

Trentski420

Trentski420

If you just flip the plant as is, she will be about 6" below the light after flip. Maybe slightly taller. Don't be afraid to tie girls down in veg. Just do it 2 weeks before flip, so the plant isn't stressed from what you do and flipping.
Are you saying my original plan to tie her down should as long as I get her done 2 weeks before flip

P

PharmHand

The plants further from the light look fine and even the old growth on that one the parts shaded from the light look fine. I think she don't like all that light and it looks like that fan is blowing right on it-she's over transpiring. Could explain your burnt tips too when it's sucking up that much water it's also bringing up nutes which will over feed it too. What about sticking it in the corner and bending the shit out of it so it looks like half a stadium? That's what I did w this one just kept bending it away into the corner. It would of been completely fried and touching the bulb
IMG 1242

P

PharmHand

Coco/perlite ... always adjust to 5.8 ... but my runoff always comes off higher... I flushed about 9 gallons prior to charging my coco and it barley made a difference... runoff kept coming out at 6.5 no matter how much I flushed... I believe every other plant showed this same sign but look healthy sorry I should say the medium I'm using with each plant showed same sign

Medium? Ph?

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ok I've noticed that the fan is oscillating but almost always hitting her at one point and she has been really dry lately I've gotten back up too 50% I've beeb slacking on the feedings and she needs to be watered... Do you think I should 1 ...flush with mild nutrients ...OR 2. Feed with normal strength ( I've been feeding too light)..would an underfed plant appear to look wilted as such?

Trentski420

Trentski420

The plants further from the light look fine and even the old growth on that one the parts shaded from the light look fine. I think she don't like all that light and it looks like that fan is blowing right on it-she's over transpiring. Could explain your burnt tips too when it's sucking up that much water it's also bringing up nutes which will over feed it too. What about sticking it in the corner and bending the shit out of it so it looks like half a stadium? That's what I did w this one just kept bending it away into the corner. It would of been completely fried and touching the bulb View attachment 694922
I'm gunna have to go with that thx ideas

P

PharmHand

I doubt the droopiness is from under feeding. Lack of potassium can cause reduced turgidity but usually that only happens in rootbound peat/soil plants, u said u were in coco right? How light of feeding you talking? Id keep the light feedings 400-500 ppm (.5 scale) especially for the tall one. That plant I showed only ever received 500-600ppm under a 1k HPS. I think you might need to bump up watering frequency at least on that plant. If you let coco dry too much the ph goes way up because as coco dries it releases more potassium which jacks your ph. Letting coco dry too much can cause burnt tips too. Try wrestling her into the corner if possible away from the light n fan. That's my opinion, not saying it's correct

Trentski420

Trentski420

General update the plant is looking better and I feel over transpiration was the culprit ...
IMG 0925
IMG 0926
How should I go about properly chopping this girl down too size? I feel like this is what I should be doing but after doing it does not seem right .. should I not just chop branches In half with scissors? Should I only take a branch where it intercepts with another or is it fine to chop branches like I'm giving her a trim

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'd tie a few stakes to help her vertically, but it's what I would have done. You can even make a small personal pot trellis net set up with that plant. Put 6-8 stakes on edges of pot (inside), slide net down stakes and lower into the plant a bit and fish thru the tops theu the net hole and 6" from top. Then after flip and stretch is over, and if your stakes are gall enough, and if you need to, put another net like you did the 1st time.

Also, she most likely will bush out a bit in a couple weeks. If she's too big, before flip, trim her again, then flip.

Trentski420

Trentski420

I'd tie a few stakes to help her vertically, but it's what I would have done. You can even make a small personal pot trellis net set up with that plant. Put 6-8 stakes on edges of pot (inside), slide net down stakes and lower into the plant a bit and fish thru the tops theu the net hole and 6" from top. Then after flip and stretch is over, and if your stakes are gall enough, and if you need to, put another net like you did the 1st time.

Also, she most likely will bush out a bit in a couple weeks. If she's too big, before flip, trim her again, then flip.
Ok thx a lot good info I got cheap bamboo stakes and these soft foam wire ties hoping it'll do

Trentski420

Trentski420

I may have to try that tho ive liked what the trellis has to offer so far although I haven't flowered without one yet it's very hard not to when limited with room and my plants are always more mature than they need to be

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How tall is she now?? What's the distance of your hood to floor? Whats tour cooling method? Any ac?

Top Bottom