Underfeeding?

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you plan on growing in soil, I'd suggest Fox Farm or Gen Hydro. If your going hydro then theres GH, H&G, CNS 17 and alot of other nutes out there. Personally, I like GH and I'm gonna switch over to them from FF, don't focus too much on nutrient companies, keeping your environment in an ideal range and having good light for your plants is alot more important. I've seen great grows from different people with alot of different nutes, but they were only able to have success because they had there temps, RH, lights, ventilation and everything else almost perfect. So whatever nutes you decide to use just dial them in and focus on giving your plants a near perfect environment.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I'm pretty confident saying that those spots are Ca def and not some kind of burn resulting from lights acting on a foilar treatment (less common then people make it - I have never once suffered this effect despite plenty of foilar sprays administered under thowies, it just doesn't happen like we read on the boards all of the time). Once a Ca def occurs, there is obviously no undoing the spots on the affected leaves, but it looks to be an older problem and not a current one. As far as runoff, it is important. There are a lot of us that will tell you to shoot for 10-15% runoff when you water, every time you water. As far as overwatering, if you saturate the soil to the point of just a little bit of runoff, getting even more runoff won't overwater them any more. The key about runoff is that it is a mini-flush - it keeps the root zone a little healthier. It is okay to go 3-4 days between watering if the soil is still holding moisture.

Sweet Lady Jane likes her feet dry, for sure, so the biggest key to not overwatering is too make sure the soil dries out pretty good in between waterings.

I am guessing that the real problems began in flowering? The plants expend a good amount of energy developing those flowers - it their last gasp, so to speak, before going to that big plant afterlife in the sky, so they are giving it everything they got. They way the yellowing is progressing on the big fan leaves is kind of indicative to an N def, but that interveinal stuff is indicative of Mg. Life is not always theoretical, so, from strain to strain, def can show themselves a bit differently and it is not always as cut and dried as we like as far as making determinations.

Cal/Mag has N in it as well, so you have covered the bases there. Since you have given them a little dose of nutes that they haven't been getting with the Cal/Mag and 15ml of iguana, if it is under feeding, you should see a stop in progeression. A stop in the form of other leaves not being affected. The leaves that are affected can green up if it is N that they are lacking due to how mobile N is in the plant, for sure, but more important to watch in response to your recent feeding is a prevention of the same to other leaves. We don't want to see the rest of the plant doing what those few fan leaves are.

I'm really staritng to lean towards them just being under fed at this point as the major problem. If you haven't flushed them yet - do. If it won't break the bank, pick up a bottle of Clearex, which isn't that expensive at all (one of the few Botanicare products I endorse) and use that and run 9 gallons of water (if they are 3 gallon bags) through those bags. You only need to flush with one gallon of a Clearex mix. A good way to flush is to use straight water until you get a good runoff, then pour a flushing agent through. Let them set for a few minutes for the Clearex to do its thing and then flush with pure water until you have run 3 times the volume of the pot through. After that, top them off with 1/4-1/2 strength nute solution and you probably won't need to water again for 3-5 days depending on environmental factors in your grow room.

If you give me the guaranteed analysis of the iguana juice along with the weight and volume of the bottle (recommended dosage too), we can figure out how much ppm of each element it has and compare that against some known baselines of what MJ likes.

Keep us updated and post a couple more pics in a couple days so we can see how the symptoms are progressing, or not progressing, after the last boost in nutes you gave them.

orbad

orbad

I'll pick up some clearex and give them a flush at the next water. I think I'm also going to order the Hanna combo meter so I can get some idea of what ppm I'm feeding them.

It was taking about 7 days for them to dry out enough with a good flood of the medium. But I am pretty religious about only watering when the bags are light but before the droop. I'll go back to the water to runoff method.

The only reason I want to switch nutes is cost and to simplify my nutes regiment. GH was at the top of the list to try out. But j have a fair bit of AN stuff to go through.

Thanks for the long responses.

orbad

orbad

Flushed 3 plants last night. Runoff started at 5.1 Ph. I flushed until I was within 2 tenths of my flushing water, 6.5 in, 6.3 out. Then I watered with. Light bloom mix. Going to do more tonight.

Didn't get clearex yet though. Probably tomorrow.

SilentL

SilentL

So last week they were given a 15ml bloom solution as a test. 1/2 gal per 3 gal container. They are looking bettrrvbut it looks like I have reached heir upper tolerance of iguana juice. So today they were given a little over half a gallon each of ro + 8ml GO calmag.
View attachment 236321 View attachment 236322 View attachment 236323 View attachment 236324 View attachment 236325 View attachment 236326 View attachment 236327
Nice found this in the forum , I was thinking about beginning of these brown spots on/in the top 3-6 leaves 6 weeks flowering and this ex cheese clone spinned out when I put in to flowering. So if it is only def as I thought first.

P

Pewee69

Ive had some issues with mine aswell bro its just a learning process one of mine i think has got leaf septoria but im afraid to use neem oil on them at this stage of flower as to not affect the buds but here are my girls right now mine are all outside and its been rainy and humid as hell here

CM190630 165441001
20190630 171150
20190625 195748
20190630 171137
20190630 171126
CM190630 165502002
roach

roach

It looks very sativaish and they just have a bad habbit of getting yellow leaves and generaly a low tolerance to nutrients, so it's almost impossible to prevent it. And judging by the slight clawing of the leaves in the first pictures I would say that if it isn't overwatering or a PH issue, then you have reached the upper tolerance level for that plant when it comes to nutrients. Just means there is less to trim when you harvest 😉

Hanta

Hanta

Ive had some issues with mine aswell bro its just a learning process one of mine i think has got leaf septoria but im afraid to use neem oil on them at this stage of flower as to not affect the buds but here are my girls right now mine are all outside and its been rainy and humid as hell here
Get some more soil in those pots to cover up your roots! Also this thread is from 7 years ago haha

P

Pewee69

Get some more soil in those pots to cover up your roots! Also this thread is from 7 years ago haha
I was thinking of just dropping them into 15 gallon pots. Just slit the 5 gallon pots and drop whole thing in altogether so as to not fuck with my roots. And will help keep em cooler and a lil more room for roots just dont know if there gonna spread much more if not might be a waste to do it there already 2 weeks in flower but they revegged outside about a month ago just now coming back into flower a week ago so roots have really taken over whole 5 gallon pot what u think should i drop em in bigger pot or not

Hanta

Hanta

I was thinking of just dropping them into 15 gallon pots. Just slit the 5 gallon pots and drop whole thing in altogether so as to not fuck with my roots. And will help keep em cooler and a lil more room for roots just dont know if there gonna spread much more if not might be a waste to do it there already 2 weeks in flower but they revegged outside about a month ago just now coming back into flower a week ago so roots have really taken over whole 5 gallon pot what u think should i drop em in bigger pot or not
Hmm i mean you definitely dont want to transplant during flower... maybe cutting the bottom out and placing on soil may be good... so you can maybe reuse the pots... But yeah the roots are going to want to grow in flower. But def dont tip that pot upside down to get dirt in your bud haha. and too much stress in flower.

Top Bottom