Underfertilized

• Thread starter Belgos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Belgos

Belgos

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any tips or special methods to properly correct a potted plant that has been underfed. It’s showing classic yellowing overall with some cannibalizing if bottom leaves. Also some patches of interveinal chlorosis. In the past I have learned my lesson in over feeding and caused nutrient lockout. It seems that this year I have done the opposite. I currently use Medi One with a Kelp additive and try to ph it to about 6.5 but obviously I have not been feeding frequently enough or in a high enough concentration. I’m concerned that I permanently damaged it but don’t want to feed too much too quickly. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm having a similar issue with some clones. I switched nutrient lines on them and they ended up underfed. Now they are working against a deficit, slightly droopy, slightly yellow. I was looking at iron/sulphur but the problem wasn't bad enough to land on either. I lowered the pH of my feed to 6.0 (indoor, pro mix w/lime) last night and the green started to come back. I suspect the droop will take another day or two to disappear as the cups dry out.

The nutrients are either present and the plant can't use them (pH) or,

Increase your feed slightly and keep an eye on her while you dial in on her needs.

I know, two different environments/types of growing/media etc.... Similar problem... 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom