Underground Bunker Micro Grow Room

• Thread starter BunkerBSMNT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Okay so I have (mostly) finished building my underground Bunker grow room! This has been a massive amount of work because I am in fact using an old Cistern that was still in operation in my basement. If anyone doesn't know what a cistern is its a giant concrete water holding tank that used to be used before wells. Basically your eaves troughs run back into your house and feed into the cistern and the water would be used for your house.

Anyway I had to divert the eaves troughs back to the outside. Then I rented a 14inch concrete saw and cut a door through the front of it. Power washed and hydrogen peroxide washed the 100 years of sediment inside and the I sealed the top with a plywood structure.

The inside dimensions are 11' X 10' and its portend into two smaller rooms one for growing and one for mixing nutrient and some storage.

As I post the different parts etc feel free to ask any questions. :)

First pics are of the door and peering inside.

Bunker door
Bunker door open
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

So my house is on a well and our water is EXTREMELY high PPM over 700 and it had lots of sulphur and iron as well so we have a water softener so water is no good for cultivation so this is the RO water system I am going to use. I cut out a piece of ply wood and painted it white. I added a little faucet to hook it to the plumbing I ran into the grow space.

RO WATER SYSTEM IN BOX
RO flow restrictor tubes
RO WATER SYSTEM
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

This is the little 450W LED grow light I am using. bunch of different spectrum dual diode with 4 Cree COBS. I chose this light due to the low heat output and the height restrictions on the grow room.

Phlizon 1
Phlizon 2
Phlizon 3
Phlizon 4
Phlizon 5
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Awesome man you must have a very nice house. I like what I've seen so far, good job on the conversion!

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Awesome man you must have a very nice house. I like what I've seen so far, good job on the conversion!
LOL thanks. My house ...will be nice.. I basically bought it off a slum lord and he neglected it for about 30 years so I've had to break my back fixing it for the last 3 years from basically being a dilapidated crack house to a nice victorian home. Its getting there but still lots of work; which I do all myself. I have pretty good carpentry skills and masonry skills.

Gemini

Gemini

That is amazing
I have goals now
I did the same thing my plant came to me a week and. Half before I had the tent or even a light thought I was gonna kill her she was so mad but this is her now

B

Burned Haze

Before starting your room I would apply some kilz mold primer on that wood for your water sink before you regret it ( you’ll just be replacing it in 1-3 season otherwise )

Anyways looking good

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

That is amazing
I have goals now
I did the same thing my plant came to me a week and. Half before I had the tent or even a light thought I was gonna kill her she was so mad but this is her now
Nice!

Top Bottom