Underground Grow

• Thread starter Pekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pekka

Hey everyone. I am new to the site, I have looked around the site, and cannot find a similar question, but if that is the case, I apologize.
I hope you can help me out. I have always had great interest in growing, and have followed several of my mates grow at close hand, and has really become fascinated by growing. I’ve always had a dream to get green fingers and grow my own, but unfortunately it is not possible for me. Both because I live in an apartment and my girlfriend never would allow me to have a plant in our home or garage for that matter, which I fully understand and respect. Therefore, the dream has pretty much been dead for a while now.

Nevertheless, not so long ago I got an idea, how about an underground grow? I have a fine forest right near where I live, and I will most likely be able to find a spot in the woods, where no people randomly swing by, and where I could work in peace. Here I got the idea that you could dig a deep hole where a person could climb down. Then dig a hollow space, if you can follow me. Then I would stabilize the ceiling and the sides, eventually I would lay a thin layer of concrete floor. The idea is that it can space a generator, 2-4 plants and what comes with it. I would of course uncover the hole with a plate, which has a door that can be locked, to make it all a little less risky. I also imagine there should be a sensor down there, so if anyone accidently occurs and finds my spot, I know I should stay away for a while.

However, I am very uncertain if it is even possible. How do plants do 2-3 meters depth? What about the humidity, ventilation and so on. What if I might not have the ability to keep the generator running 24/7, but it might have to do without light for 1 day in rare cases? What about the smell, how far away will you guys imagine it could be smelled? Would you recommend a diesel or propane generator? I would prefer it could not be heard on the surface.

I know it might be a wild thought, and it is associated with high costs and a lot of time compared to what I get out of it, but please do not consider this. This is only as a hobby, and I do not think I have any alternative. I have always wanted to smoke something, that I have grown myself. I hope you have time and want to come with your input, and maybe finally close my dream to grow, or give it some hope. Thanks in advance!

P

Pekka

I live in Scandinavia, so i dont think the weather would allow it. And no way im growing pot. :)

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

you can grow outdoors at your latitude, but you must start as soon as its warm enough and you will have to use an "autoflower" (I guess wait until next year)

the generator underground is just way too expensive to think about

P

Pekka

I'm not stacked, but money is not an issue. And I'm willing to pay the price, just to try it out. But thanks for the answer, I will consider tree growing as an option.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Google frank gegax and that's growing underground
Your idea would never work unless you had electric but underground is actually a better place to grow mainly why grow rooms are in basements and not on upper floors. Heat rises and temps are easier to control lower
That is unless you dig to hell:)

Calixylon

Calixylon

That sounds like a sweet plan, but digging a hole that size will never be possible in a public forest without people finding it. The digging alone would tamp down the forest around your hole so that everyone walking thru would see it. Your better off just putting a few plants out geurilla style.

I kind of find it funny all the people who wanna grow cannabis, but dont wanna risk doing something illegal in their home. Gotta take some risks to do this, technically everyone on here could be raided and arrested for violating federal laws. Althought i dont believe we will ever backpeddle into prohibition furthur, but still.

P

Pekka

Can I ask why I would need electricity?

I can reveal that I live in Denmark, we have so many public forests, thousand and thousand of m2 of forest. The possibility that anyone would walk into the spot I’ve found is so small, and I would of course scatter the surrounding area as best as possible. Maybe keep first layer, and put it back on to hide the latter.

In addition, I can tell you, I am more than willing to take the risk, my lady just isn’t. :mad:

But the geurilla stile you mention, doesn’t it require high temperatures? Guess I should look into that.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

But the geurilla stile you mention, doesn’t it require high temperatures?

this is a chart of frost free days from the 70s to 2007
DENMARK

and this is the fastest growing bud I could find

http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/female-auto-speed-bud

as you can see, as long as you get at least 53 days of frost free weather, it is possible to have a huge harvest if you plant enough

P

Pekka

Ah, nice man.

And what about the quality? Will it be like real skunk or pot like?

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

you will be pleased with the quality, especially if you grow more than one plant, because some phenotypes will be more potent.

P

Pekka

Sounds awesome! Thank you very much for the responds. I will defiantly try that out April next year.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Im just saying that as someone who has done construction, and some building, its nearly impossible to return something to its original look, after youve done some major excavation. Its nearly impossible to make something look organic, after youve tramppled all surrounding area with your feet, and tools. And if your excavating a large holes worth of dirt, theres no way the site will look "natural" unless you do some serious remediation to the surronding land, even then i think youl be suprised at how hard it will to blend it in after youve done the excavation.

If the area your in is to cold to grow outdoors, then digging a hole wont help you there, unless its a serious bunker with electricity and heat. But if you have a short growing season, get some squat indicas that finish early, and put as many of the little guys as you can all over all that forest, and i gaurantee youl come out with some nice bud.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Here's an easier solution. Find a new girlfriend /wife. ;)
Then whos gonna do the dishes and all the cleaning haha? :cigar:
Fuckin A brother! Fuck dishes!

Bahaha!

Yeah man, sounds like guerrilla grow time!! That's what i would do for sure. They are fun, and if you follow dudes advice up above about a ton of short Indicas i think you could make out like a bandit. Use all that money your talking about and invest it into seeds. Plant a bunch of diff crops in diff covert areas. Make sure its somewhere hard to get to.

If money isnt an issue buy autoflowering femmed seeds. That way time of year wont kill you, and you wont have to chop males down maybe.

Top Bottom