underground odor exhaust

• Thread starter aphid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aphid

Was thinking of running a 4" pvc pipe from my growroom underground about 3 ft. or so down and then going horizontially a 8 ft. section of perforated pvc such as used in sewer systems. A vortex fan sucking air out of the grow room would pull the air and odor down the pvc and underground where it would hopefully dissipate. Does anyone know if this would work as an exhaust and also eliminate odor problems? Has anyone tried this?

S

SkyHi

might get some backpressure idk thats an interesting idea. But if i envision your idea correctly the fan is pushing smelly air straight down 4 feet then 8 feet to a dead end? i dont think it will dissipate fast enough and with nowhere for the air to escape its going to put alot of strain on your fan...

A

aphid

The 8 ft. section would have holes all the way along it. Would that help?

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
The perforated pipe would eventually fill with ground water, making it useless and possibly create other problems.

Z

zoeronerer

i have vented scrubbed air thru rocks to disipate heat ...but again wont help with odor just ir heat signature ....and dirt bro does not let air pass and no fan is that strong ..

just buy or build a scrubber ...(go to grow faq) use search ...good luck

D

dooobster

Rather than go thru all that (which I don't think would work for several reasons), you could try to find a 3" or 4" plumbing vent pipe (one that goes out the roof of your house) or, if your home has gas heat / hot water, tie in to the vent pipe for that, and shoot the odor right out... Sounds much easier :)

A

aphid

I already have a scrubber. Just trying to find a way to get rid of it so that I wouldn't have to buy or dispose of them anymore. Thanks much for the help guys. Back to the drawing board.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Why not just blow it down the sewer line?

Sewer lines have a built in trap that holds a small amount of liquid in it to prevent sewer gas from backing up and entering the occupied space. Deadly and flamable. It would have to be intercepted somewhere outside of the building.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I have read in several journals on other sites where people vent into sewer lines with no problems.

sedate

sedate

CelticEBE said:
I have read in several journals on other sites where people vent into sewer lines with no problems.

And I've heard of problems that needed a plumber causing otherwise low-key pot growers to get caught.

Don't do this. Exhaust solutions are so easy - I mean there are a fucking million ways to dump air, especially in a garage.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Midnight

I dont think its a great idea either. I just scrub.

Sedate

No need to get hostile. I wouldn't do it myself. I just remember when I was on other forums reading that many people had done it and NOT had problems.

Top Bottom