Understanding aromatic amines and where they fit into the equasion, feeding regime.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Can aromatic amines be utilized to fuel and direct plant development?

In organic chemistry, amines are compounds and functional groups that contain a basic nitrogen atom with a lone pair. Amines are formally derivatives of ammonia, wherein one or more hydrogen atoms have been replaced by a substituent such as an alkyl or aryl group.

In chemistry, aromaticity is a property of cyclic (ring-shaped), planar (flat) structures with pi bonds in resonance (those containing delocalized electrons) that gives increased stability compared to other geometric or connective arrangements with the same set of atoms. Aromatic rings are very stable and do not break apart easily. Organic compounds that are not aromatic are classified as aliphatic compounds—they might be cyclic, but only aromatic rings have enhanced stability.

Since the most common aromatic compounds are derivatives of benzene ,the word aromatic occasionally refers informally to benzene derivatives, and so it was first defined. Nevertheless, many non-benzene aromatic compounds exist. In living organisms, for example, the most common aromatic rings are the double-ringed bases in RNA and DNA. An aromatic functional group or other substituent is called an aryl group.

An aromatic amine is an organic compound consisting of an aromatic ring attached to an amine. It is a broad class of compounds that encompasses anilines, but also many more complex aromatic rings and many amine substituents beyond NH2. Such compounds occur widely

aka: offering up to the plant various building blocks of life, during key times in development.

Representative aromatic amines
Aromatic ringName of parent aminesExample
benzeneanilinesubstituted anilines
benzenephenylenediaminesthe antioxidant p-phenylenediamine
toluenetoluidinesthe pharmaceutical prilocain
toluenediaminotoluenesthe hair dye ingredient 2,5-diaminotoluene
naphthalenenaphthylaminesthe dyes Congo red and Prodan
pyridineaminopyridinesthe drug tenoxicam
pyrimidineaminopyrimidinesthe nucleobase cytosine
quinolineaminoquinolinesthe drug primaquine
purineaminopurinesthe nucleobase guanine
acridine

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's another thing in this vein, promoting bacterial colonization that helps with the process. When you've got proper bacterial and fungal balance, that's when really special things begin to happen, and the genetics can really shine, bring forth all those different flavors and smells.

Maintaining that oh so critical pH balance between the bacteria world, and the fungi world that really makes plant thrive in more acidic conditions.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I feel dumb.
It's really not as complex as it looks really, just a bunch of big words, actually. It's all Latin for the most part, I could never even really pronounce most of the words I know, I just know when I see them, actually.

But it basically boils down to some very basic chemistry, and some of these compounds can be had from many plant extracts and whatnot. I've always had a strong urge to put Garlic or Ginger into one of my planters during flower. But it's a double edge, because whatever the compound can do for the plant, it's got an equal chance of causing some trouble, at least in many instances, anyhow.

For these kinds of compounds, it's would be all about timing, and concentrations, and ratio's If I'm not mistaken, this is where the plant starts building many of it's metal bonded alkaloids, utilizing Mag, Sulfur, Iron, Zinc, and other trace cations+

Quinine for example is listed above on that chart. Here is it's ring structure. Quinine is a flavor component of tonic water and bitter lemon drink mixers. According to tradition.

800px Quinine 3D balls
Last edited:
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thats cool bro. Maybe thats why people say organic grown has the best aroma.

Top Bottom