Understanding coco ec run off

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

Just setup a coco run to waste system something I've never used before, I've grown coco a few years ago but it was just simple water a few litres every other day with no run off. I've been told to monitor the ec & ph levels of the run offs, I've got 3 seeds that are about 4-6 weeks old and some clones that I've potted up into 1lt fiber pots 2 weeks ago, these will go into 3.8lt 1G in about 2 weeks

I'm feeding a ec of 1.1 tap water is .3 that's included in the 1.1 i was feeding 1.4 but knocked it back slightly.

Now the run off for the 3 seeds is all different one is 1.2 one is 1.8 and one is 2.2

The clones all have a run off of 1.2

The seeds looks amazing very nice and green and growing very well, even with such high run offs?

The clones don't look amazing but they're doing ok lots of roots shooting out the sides of the fiber pots slow to average growth.

I don't know how to judge these run off, is it ok to have high run offs? Is this something that will correct itself once I start watering more than once a day, just waiting for the pump to turn up and more root growth from the clones then I'll probably start watering twice a day.

With the clones having a run off of 1.2 would this mean they can handle a slightly higher feed?

All ph levels are within a few points of 5.9

Thanks for any tips

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I used to do that stuff but I've gotten to where I know what the plant wants and when. I pretty much follow the bottle directions and supplement with live compost tea, epsom salt, calmag, bloom/ripening additives and garden gypsum, not listed in specific order.

I start by mixing in a good amount of gypsum into the coco b4 transplant. Then just give 5ml calmag and three part liquid nute reg per gal. If she looks like she wants more mag I give epsom salt with calmag and other nutes. I give live compost or worm castings tea every few weeks. Sorry, can't help with ec or ppm, I only do ml per gal.

StealthLED

StealthLED

Thanks for the advice @TripsRabbit I'm wondering if I might be under feeding my clones because it works out about 1.5ml per lt (2.4ml per gal) of A and 1.5ml per lt of B

I've had to have a grow and bloom nute made for my tap water because its high in magnesium and low in calcium, I've tried RO and had nothing but deficiency problems

Taurus

Taurus

Just setup a coco run to waste system something I've never used before, I've grown coco a few years ago but it was just simple water a few litres every other day with no run off. I've been told to monitor the ec & ph levels of the run offs, I've got 3 seeds that are about 4-6 weeks old and some clones that I've potted up into 1lt fiber pots 2 weeks ago, these will go into 3.8lt 1G in about 2 weeks

I'm feeding a ec of 1.1 tap water is .3 that's included in the 1.1 i was feeding 1.4 but knocked it back slightly.

Now the run off for the 3 seeds is all different one is 1.2 one is 1.8 and one is 2.2

The clones all have a run off of 1.2

The seeds looks amazing very nice and green and growing very well, even with such high run offs?

The clones don't look amazing but they're doing ok lots of roots shooting out the sides of the fiber pots slow to average growth.

I don't know how to judge these run off, is it ok to have high run offs? Is this something that will correct itself once I start watering more than once a day, just waiting for the pump to turn up and more root growth from the clones then I'll probably start watering twice a day.

With the clones having a run off of 1.2 would this mean they can handle a slightly higher feed?

All ph levels are within a few points of 5.9

Thanks for any tips
I’ve ran my whole grow from clone to flush at the end at 3.0 EC. No tip burn . These plants are nutrient sponges with the right environment

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I’ve ran my whole grow from clone to flush at the end at 3.0 EC. No tip burn . These plants are nutrient sponges with the right environment
What nutrients are you using?

Top Bottom