Underthesun In The Co Rockies

• Thread starter Underthesun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redwood-roots

Redwood-roots

Girls look great and getting big. I vote to replace the males, but I just want more bud pics in the end so I'm biased lol

Underthesun

Underthesun

Girls look great and getting big. I vote to replace the males, but I just want more bud pics in the end so I'm biased lol

Wasn't planning on keeping males around the greenhouse. Looked like the 2 Jamaican Vodoos were going to be male so I chopped them and planted a known female Jerriatric in their place. So no Jamaican Vodoos this year unless I start some seeds now but I'll just save them for next year.

Girls that made the cut. 4 plants total in a total of 3 raised beds.

Bed 1 - Stateline
Bed 2 - Jerriatric
Bed 3 - Jerriatric and Mamboe

Underthesun

Underthesun

Weekly update. Missed a week, I was in Maine catching fish. Bass, pikerel, perch, brook trout. What a place. At three lobsters in one day, that was the highlight. I could have ate 10 they were so good.

Stateline:

Jerriatric, just did some lst:

Mamboe left, jerriatric right:

I was gone for 8 days and didn't water. It was bone dry when I got back, but all is okay. Some beanies probably died, so I added 5 gallons of castings to the top and have teas brewing. They'll be stretching in no time.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Sorry for your issues that you are having. As for the Pot Worms. I think the only reason for they were interested in your seeds is because the seeds were rotten how ever that happened. Once again the main reason why I will not purchase anything to grow from the legal retail sellers here in Colorado.
So then where do you get your perfect beans from.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Weekly update; hopefully this thread gets more entertaining in the coming weeks with some swelling buds for your viewing pleasure. More leaf shots, but if anything its a personal reference for next year. Thanks for peeping at my leaves.

I think I may or may not have seen a little bit of PM. I did a sulfur burn and I'll do another few before the plants get too far into flower just to make sure. Does anyone think I should take any additional measures? There is just a little tiny bit, may even be water droplet residue. Maybe I'll post a pic if I can. Either way, not worried.

Stateline: stretching and flowering has just started.

Jerriatric: Looking good, slower to grow though. Doesn't seem to want to bush out as much as the the others.

Mamboe left Jerriatric right: Mamboe is growing quick, branching out nice, big leaves. Again the A different Jerriatric is growing slow and not bushing out. All is good, not worried as long as it ends up dank and healthy. Maybe 14er named it Jerriatric since its slow moving.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Weekly update; hopefully this thread gets more entertaining in the coming weeks with some swelling buds for your viewing pleasure. More leaf shots, but if anything its a personal reference for next year. Thanks for peeping at my leaves.

I think I may or may not have seen a little bit of PM. I did a sulfur burn and I'll do another few before the plants get too far into flower just to make sure. Does anyone think I should take any additional measures? There is just a little tiny bit, may even be water droplet residue. Maybe I'll post a pic if I can. Either way, not worried.

Stateline: stretching and flowering has just started.
View attachment 619756

Jerriatric: Looking good, slower to grow though. Doesn't seem to want to bush out as much as the the others.
View attachment 619757

Mamboe left Jerriatric right: Mamboe is growing quick, branching out nice, big leaves. Again the A different Jerriatric is growing slow and not bushing out. All is good, not worried as long as it ends up dank and healthy. Maybe 14er named it Jerriatric since its slow moving.
View attachment 619758
Thanks for looking!

Nice work. Only a couple more weeks before the flowers are upon the plants. Excited? I know I am. Keep it up!

Underthesun

Underthesun

Thanks for the kind words @BudBogart. I'm ready for some some flowers! Although my wife informed me the inlaws are visiting mid-september...ugh going to be some smells and some annoying conversations about them. Whatever, plants are staying and wife is on my side.

Weekly Wednesday Update from out here in bone dry hot Colorado. Plants are doing well. Have been doing preventative maintenance that includes neem seed oil sprays, spinosad sprays, azamax sprays (only once in late July), and sulfur burns. One type of burn/spray each week. I used spinosad (monterey) more frequently when I see thrips which happened once this year, and I saw a few yesterday so sprayed spinosad again. I will do another good sulfur burn before flowers really start setting in. I have foliar fed some Rhino Skin potassium silicate and may do that one more time. I think I will also do a foliar feed with some cal-mag of some sort.

I've been top dressing worm casting throughout the season, and with a little alfalfa meal in early July. I added some kelp meal a few weeks ago. Yesterday I topped dressed with a little alfala meal, a little neem seed meal, and some more kelp meal. I will add some more casting to the mix in a few weeks once my worms have
worked over the pile more. And have been doing AACT teas once a week or so.

In standard order.
Stateline: Starting to flower. Earliest starter of the bunch.

Jerriatric #1:

Mamboe: still vegging strong, sativa leaning?

Jerriatric #2: may get taken over by the mamboe.

Rain dance everyone!

Underthesun

Underthesun

Update timey time. Night temps already dropping into the low 50s, day highs around 90. Cooling off the next week it appears. Highs in the 80s, lows in the low 50s.

Stateline, stacking up and tossing trichs at an early age. Gotta love that. Purple leave stems, maybe from the low night temps?

Jerriatric #1, looking healthy. Flowers stacking up.

Mamboe, growing big. Had to bend her down. Now she is taking over the other Jerriatric. Flowering has slowy begun. This plant makes me thing of 'Mongo' from blazing saddles. "Mamboe take over greenhouse, Mamboe don't care".

Jerriatric #2, growing good now but getting overtaken by the Mamboe.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Whats-up-date

I went to the movies the other day, hardly ever go, and watched Sausage Party. I highly recommend it. I'm sure I don't have to remind you to go with your heads right, speaking to the choir here.

Stateline: Stacking more calaxes, filling in.

Jerriatric #1: Still looking perfect. I like the size of this plant. Easy to manage and still a good amount of tops.

Mambo: Still growing, bud sites are more spread out. We'll see how much in fills in. Smells amazing, fruity sweet dankness. I want to rub it all over me. But we are civilized and I can't do that.

Jerriatric #2: Stinkier than #1, but again more spread out bud sites than the other. Maybe its the raised bed they are in. Its much bigger than the other beds.

Nice cool weather. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I'll need to heat the GH tonight, mid 40s for the lows.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Nice weather these days. Girls are filling every day.
Stateline:
View attachment 630230

Can't wait for harvest time, but until then I'll just have to enjoy watching them.
View attachment 630231
Yes, great weather in NorCal also, esp. for being August. Hope it holds just 60 more days, lol. Your buds are looking great. At least August is over, where they aren't crazy vegging nor really flowering. Go September!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Your greenhouse is making me jealous!:) Looks like the cooler night temps are helping your girls finish out. I think our first frost and first snow will be at the end of this month this year.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Thanks @BudBogart and @Orcaman. Yep, I'm glad the stretch is over, always a hastle in the greenhouse. I bet you are right about the weather Orcaman, feels like a cool fall coming. The last few years it has been pretty cold for a week or in late Sept / early Oct and then it seems to warm back up for a nice a finish in Mid Oct. Although I wouldn't be suprised if that Stateline finishes up before Oct the way things are looking now, time will tell. I heat my greenhouse with a cheap electric space heater and I can generally keep it about 15 degrees warmer than outside. But when its 25 out, that is only 40 degrees, and the plants don't like that so much. No mold this year!

Underthesun

Underthesun

Stateline is coming down. Smells like dirty diapers. Premature smoke is pretty heady and smooth actually, so looking forward to see what 2 extra weeks has done.

Others still look a few weeks out. I found a few seeds growing on the buds. I haven't seen any nanners all season. I think I must have had some hermie bud in the greenhouse that I was smoking on and rolling joints with, the pollen must have gotten on them. I don't think it will be a huge issue. Should have known better though.

Top Bottom