Unexpected GDP Cross

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The last season, I grew a couple 30+ yr old strains called Matanuska Thunderf**k, which came from the Alaskan Oilfield workers when they came home from laying down the oil pipeline. It is a high Sativa hybrid by the looks of it, but back then there weren't any real strains other than the Colombian/Panama, so who knows what it's origins are. I was also given a GDP (Grandaddy Purple) clone, which was nice but kind of short for my preferences. Anyhow, I had a few extra Matanuska plants, so I figured I would try to make some feminized seeds. The GDP was next to the Matanuska plants and both grew nicely, but I didn't see any seeds on any plants, so I figured it was a bust.
Today I cracked open a jar and found a bud with a few beans inside, so this would be a GDP/Matanuska cross... Grandaddy Thunderf**k? The seeds are unusually small, like a nearly pure Sativa. Since they are feminized, I'm going to try these out the next go-round. I'm not a huge fan of GDP, as it seems sort of generic to me, but new crosses are always interesting, and unexpected surprises can happen. This is my 1st foray into intentional breeding in 30+ yrs, so please pardon my over enthusiasm!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The strain I originally used is pretty much landrace, crossed with GDP. This was done using Colloidal Silver, so a herm'ed plant isn't very likely. I'm just curious what the cross will be like...hopefully I'll have a pheno or two that retains the desirable GDP while picking up the height of the Matanuska strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom