Unexpectedly Received Clone

• Thread starter BooBees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BooBees

Hi,
So this is my first ever grow and this little girl was given to me without any notice. She came to me about about a week after being cloned in a massive planter filled with unknown soil. I let her sit outside for about a day while I ran around trying to find lights/reflector, fertiliser(the lady told me I waned the sensi grow a+b) and a little home for her inside. After getting her inside a smaller pot and under a 4lamp 4' t5 fixture (2x 6500k, 2x 5000k, and about 4" between light and plant with osculating fan on low about 2 feet away) and giving her the recommended dosage for small clones I noticed the following morning the tips of the leaves were a little yellow and curling up, and curling slightly downwards on the sides. I wasn't able to find the ph kit yet and have ordered one from Amazon(as well as a tent and inline fan), the sensi grow says pH balanced, do I need to worry about anything at this point? Is she doing OK, and what other nutrients do I need to give her to promote the healthiest growth possible?

Thanks!

Unexpectedly received clone
Unexpectedly received clone 2
Unexpectedly received clone 3
Organikz

Organikz

You need aeration bud. Perlite...you should have at least 1/4 part aeration. I do 1/3.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah your deff going to want to get some aeratino and in regards to the plant i'm guessing nute burn. I run the sensi ph perfect in dwc and as often as I get paranoid and check the ph it stays within a decent range. The ph doesn't nessairly find a sweet spot moreso their nutrients are made available on a much wider ph scale than others.

I

Impatmalone

What was it under before the t5s and what wattage are they under now. I find moving clones from t8s to t5s can sometimes cause that its just adjusting to stronger conditions when not used to it. Or it mightve even been that day in the sun. Picture that first hot spring day after a cold winter when you get burnt. Ph issues show more spotted signs across the whole leaf. light burn i feel tips up first as you mentiond. Als looks like it because your getting water leaves fatter water soaked leaves this is partly due to increased light conditions.

B

BooBees

Here's the update, no matter what I did, she continued to get worse. The only thing i could think of was her soil was the problem. I figured if she keeps going on this way she'll be dead in a few days, and I had all the materials on hand to set her up in a dwc, so I went ahead and got everything ready. Upon removing her soil to expose her roots, I found my problem. Apparently, she never took root. She must have been cut directly from the mother, planted in soil and given away. I cut her at a nice angle, put her in her new dwc home, gave her a humidity dome, increased the lighting distance and I've been waiting for any kind of results since. I fully expect her to die on me. Its kinda sad my first grow went so sour right from the get go. But if she doesn't pull through, that's just a great excise to go buy some seeds and get a good and healthy start to a few lucky ladies.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

try putting a humidity dome overtop even a clear plastic cup will do. that will trap the humidity. It's not your fault that someone sold a cutting as a clone (cutting being when it's still a branch rather than a clone being an established plant with roots). Next time try aerating your medium dwc is also a great way to grow once you get the basics down. Good luck hopefuly your cutting takes root!

B

BooBees

The 4x2x5 tent came 2 days ago, she has been in it ever since. It's now been 16 days since i received her. I recut the stem at a 45 and placed her in a DWC 2 days ago, and last night I cut off all her dead leafs. I'm praying to the 420 gods for her sudden revival but it doesn't look good.
In case is sudden death, any suggesting for seedlings? I started browsing around but it seems like an endless ocean of wonderful choices, from new strains, or classics killers, so many different companies, same seed names across different brands but they will all be different genetics, like northern lights, sensi or nirvana?

2017 05 28 133206
2017 05 28 133244
Last edited:
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

that almost looks like a fan leaf now rather than a cutting. Honestly I would say to cut your loss the chance of it taking off are low considering it's going to need a little energy from the cutting itself to generate some roots. In regards to strain choices I know what you mean by being overwhelmed by the choices. if you're a newer grower I'd say try a newb friendly strain for sure. Northern lights is a pretty easy strain to grow

B

BooBees

Final update, she wasn't making it, I pulled the plug this morning :'(

On the flip side, I'm looking at getting a 5 strain 10 seed indoor variety mix. Looking forward to payday!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

if you haven't got it yet I would maybe hold off on the 5 strain deal. I know it's exciting o have different kind of herbs but if it's one of your first grows it's better to learn a strain in and out so you can get a handle on the nute strength and how she likes it yknow. It might seem daunting to take one plant all the way to harvest but too have to fine tune 5 different strains can be overwhelming for a new grower. unless of course you just plan on running 1 or 2 strains at a time

B

BooBees

You're right, growing a handful of plants is VERY tempting, starting off with a collection of 5 sounds great. But I think I should sick with one strain, grow a handful of those and then slowly increase my collection. Just stating out, I can see that plan falling apart on me really quick because of all the different ways different plants grow. Thinking on Friday I'll order either girl scout cookies, strawberry-banana, or good ol' northern lights.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Don't be down. We all lose some. If she does go down at least you won't have weeks of wasted space and energy spent.
This. I had an almost identical situation with an identical outcome, only mine was outdoors all the time. She improved, then crashed. Too many nutes, too few, bad PH, hard to say. But Sam is dead. I'm just hoping Pete, John, Roger and Keith fare better.

B

BooBees

It's always sad when we lose one, but it just paves the way for new opportunities and lessons to be learnt. The cloneling didn't take, but I learnt an insane amount and probably never would have started growing had she not found her way to me. Now I'm all set up with no ladies to grow, but seeds planned and payday on Friday :D

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

honestly tha'ts the best way to grow for the first time. You would have ran into headaches keeping them alive. now that you dont have any plants to have to take care of you can buy everything thing you NEED (PH meter, nutrients , ppm meter down the road if you try hydro,ventilation and other things you might want without any pressure for having to settle with sub par because of an ongoing grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom