Unfinished Grow Diaries

• Thread starter JGreenGiant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I know I have been guilty in the past of this for 2 reasons. Lack of interest. Going through the trouble of taking pics ect and writing out long posts gets old when no one is interested. Also time and real life. Well when you start one grow, then another, then another shit really piles up. You get to the point where its a chore and not entertaining anymore. I never run testers for anyone so I never thought twice about it. Also sometimes the people in your thread just give you a bad taste in your mouth. It's usually easier to just throw up right before chop/ finished.
I can agree with this with examples, there'salways that one guy who's only recommendation either requires u to start over or a list of shit that's worth more than my car. Or u get 400 view with 8 comments. Comments both good an bad.. Now what I've learned from it is..... I do care an listen but I'll be damned if I take that shit to heart. I met a few cool dudes I talk to more on the instant message than anything else. I also met two pretty cool guys at the cup this last week that I met on here. I say all that to point to the fact thereS always a few d bags bit if I wouldn't have the kept up on the journal for MY OWN BENEFITS i wouldn't have met the few cool ones I did meet.

Last edited:
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I believe that it just depends on the size of the grow that feeds the paranoia. The bigger they are the harder they fall ya know. Like I don't think It be worth their time and effort to come in and fux with me. I'm not even on the radar really ya know, but someone doing big things could draw a lot of unwanted attention.

I always say it sucks that it is that way, but it has to change and it CAN change.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Why is it that whenever I google a strain with the word diary after it and then click a link to someones diary. It is exceptionally rare that they ever get finished.

Some last maybe the first week or two till the uploader gets bored and quits a very few are complete and always extend several pages after with various other members discussions when the original thread starter is long gone but what I find more often than not is that the diary generally goes almost up to harvest then just completely stops!

What happens? Are the diary writers being busted at harvest time or maybe getting super paranoid (in which case you'd imagine they would delete their diary) or are they simply post harvest too stoned and cba to finish it?

Any ideas anyone, have you started and not finished one? Thanks! :)
Well obviously they do the diary until they harvest and then its fuck the smoke report which is like having no ending to a book.it renders it practically usesless...but im guilty of that too at times.if its good i,ll go back and say so and i,ll go back if its exceptionally bad but i tend to just not bother reporting average stuff.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

lol, could well be. Im often astounded at some of the supposed dry weights people often claim too. They have a tray where you can clearly see the scale of it by perhaps another object being in view and I know that what they are claiming to be 24oz dry would often at best way be 6oz. I think people people weigh there wet harvest then when it is dried to 20% of original weight they are too embarrased to be honest...... and all probably started by one person 15yrs ago! :)

Infact the only time Ive ever in the flesh seen a 36oz /1k harvest was when a friend ran 6 x 600w with 4 plants under each which when you do the maths is 1.5oz per plant properly dried, which is what I generally average. I have only ever achieved 5oz from one plant dried but that one plant had been a mother and grown for months and was flowered in a 1.5mx 1m area under 1x400w it was an old skool Super Skunk from sensi seeds. Im talking about plants that have been vegged for 6 weeks.
U should be able to acheive more or less a kilo with 2 600.anyone needing 6 600 to acheive 1 kilo really needs to take a good look at how theyr doing things.
i once seen a guy on here claim he got 1200 dry grams from a single 600 in a vert grow.double what your a good grower is happy to acheive.not one o us really beleived it.not with any thc rich weed anyways.

J

JGreenGiant

U should be able to acheive more or less a kilo with 2 600.anyone needing 6 600 to acheive 1 kilo really needs to take a good look at how theyr doing things.
i once seen a guy on here claim he got 1200 dry grams from a single 600 in a vert grow.double what your a good grower is happy to acheive.not one o us really beleived it.not with any thc rich weed anyways.

He was running NFT with plants in Coco, they always looked super healthy and like mine his bud was always nice and tight and dense.

Im hoping for good things with the second lot of my 4 (4 under each 600) to be the best Ive had in a while as I no longer have to keep stopping for landlord visits every 3 months. Since I bought my place 1yr ago. The cupboard I use was only built 6 weeks ago and my first lot of 4 that went in were looking rather sorry for themselves due to various factors, second lot are 10 days into flower and aprox 3' tall (will measure and correct when light comes on) and all look super healthy. They're in batmix and being fed General Hydroponics 3 part food. I wont be running a diary but will prob post what was achieved yield wise when done.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Just keep at it man your doin fine.problems will always arrise.its like riding a bike-your gonna fall off at some point.just dust yourself down,check wat the problem is and get back on.
i too grow in cupboards and while its not too difficult to get a bit o decent weed out it maximising your space and acheiving as much harvest as humanely possible can be difficult.iv been growin in cupboards for nearly 13 years and iv still not perfected it the way id like.for a start i still use soil.soils never going to give me the highest yeilds possible so i,ll b switchin to coco very soon.

grayarea

grayarea

yea its more work to go forwards then to always go in reverse. just means you are being lazy about meeting new people.

If you go forwards you get a list of people to check on everyday. if you go in reverse then you get a list of people that disappoint you most of the time. they (people who don't finish diaries) only do both parts in reverse. so after you sit through all of there bullshit problems as soon as you have one they will attack you blindly. if you start the diary by displaying the problem instead of letting them reverse it into you're life then the problem doesn't happen again.

"they (people who don't finish diaries) only do both parts in reverse."

^what i mean by that is that they only display problems after they have decided on knowing they have a solution for them which gives you a headache because if they knew the answer before it happened it means there is a problem.

J

JGreenGiant

yea its more work to go forwards then to always go in reverse. just means you are being lazy about meeting new people.

If you go forwards you get a list of people to check on everyday. if you go in reverse then you get a list of people that disappoint you most of the time. they (people who don't finish diaries) only do both parts in reverse. so after you sit through all of there bullshit problems as soon as you have one they will attack you blindly. if you start the diary by displaying the problem instead of letting them reverse it into you're life then the problem doesn't happen again.

"they (people who don't finish diaries) only do both parts in reverse."

^what i mean by that is that they only display problems after they have decided on knowing they have a solution for them which gives you a headache because if they knew the answer before it happened it means there is a problem.

Interesting analysis, im gonna need some time to chew on this one. Thanks for the input!

scubascrog

scubascrog

I think people are not commercial growers, so they get to harvest, get really high, really paranoid that they've been posting on the net, and priorities change once you've chopped. I dont know I do like to how off my finished bud, glorious or not, we're always learning and getting better

BINGO! as soon as I harvested I stopped posting, barely gave a smoke report.

grayarea

grayarea

Interesting analysis, im gonna need some time to chew on this one. Thanks for the input!

hurts really bad when you're forum hommies die. sometimes they are more permanent then you're real life friends. the conversations you have with them cover more ground usually. so alot of people tend to avoid that part and just flash highlights from there lives at each other which is a fun time unless you like to see the 'end' and where it came from.

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

Yeah not sure what breeder did but it was either my Cali connection grows or raskal's seeds. This was back around 2010 or 11.

Having processed that properly it does leave somewhat of a bad taste. But depending what the breeder had done I can understand to a degree the forum owner not wanting their product promoted but it does make one wonder what that particular breeder had done that an independent member would have their work deleted.

Maybe a mod could step in and answer that?

J

JGreenGiant

hmmmm, I just met the dudes in the Cali connection booth at the high times cup. Matter of fact I got some freebies from them.... Perhaps a theory of test is appropriate....lmao
You really wanna find out where that Bermuda triangle of forum threads with no remining occupants aboard takes you? You're a braver man than I! :-D

J

JGreenGiant

I can only hope they're all safe and in a better place. Some huge weed plantation with scantily dressed angels rolling fat doofers on their thighs.....We can only hope! :)

PS anyone who says this is sexist is sexist in assuming all angels would be female. Thought Id nip that one in the bud!

Last edited:
J

JGreenGiant

Yeah not sure what breeder did but it was either my Cali connection grows or raskal's seeds. This was back around 2010 or 11.

I only just realised thcfarmer.com was primarily a seed bank, with a forum attached,(edit, now Im not sure about this!) doh. Which would make more sense why they would remove any threads that contained anything that promoted a breeders product who they had had bad dealings with. Nonetheless still seems unfair on the thread posters hard work. Could maybe just find/replace any relevant breeder names and at least not completely trash the uploaders work. There can still be a lot to share/learn from someones diary with regards to growing methods and overcoming any problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom