Unfortunately my first post is in this section.

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Well, I've been growing for around a year (mostly outdoor, but ive done some indoor) and have been taking time reading up on my stuff both on here and in every other consumable form. This is my first grow using "Just Right" coco mix and it was really putting my more recent babies off to a real good start along with the mykos and azos amendments- the roots were filling the smaller pots and were bone white. Alas, unfortunately I have a couple of plants that ate still sick and struggling along after a couple weeks. I think that I might have had a ph problem for a bit due to a meter that was not correctly calibrated- and I was wondering if I could get any more expirienced advice on what my affliction is. The first two pics are of a pre 98 Og that has been vegging for around a month, the second is of a strawberry diesel that has been pretty crispy for a little.. Thanks.
Sprintphoto b3ucn5jpg
Sprintphoto b0uqebjpg

Sbddef
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Potassium uptake/utilization problem. Are you using calcium at all?

The twisting is indicative of a problem with pH, and this could be the source of the problem, but I'm still a bit concerned about a K+. Also, overall they just look to be a little too light a shade of green. Got Epsom salts?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, I do have Calmag and epsom salts. After I flushed when I began seeing them so bright green I hit them with a small amount of Calmag but I wasn't sure as to the real source of the problem so I was reluctant to give them a decent dose. Thanks a lot for the reply, I've seen a lot of really useful stuff on your posts, I know that you know your way around the garden by now Seamaiden.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Would you recommend using the epsom salts or calmag? I know they're alike in many ways. I'd love to see this plant make it through to harvest.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Using a Ca/Mg product makes teasing apart problems especially difficult. I had much better results going with separate products. Only one of the problems using a combined product is that the ratios may be off, especially in relation to potassium.

In coir cultivation you need to be using a calcium product pretty much every feeding, or every other feeding. Must must MUST be begun from the very start, because calcium is an immobile primary, or macronutrient. Calcium is the driver and the key in many chemical reactions.

So my advice to you is this--get a calcium-only product, such as Calplex or what I prefer, BioLink 6% Ca. Start off with some high doses of that. In the meantime, FOLIAR apply some MgSO4 (Epsom salt) at the rate of 1/4tsp/gal+adjuvant/sticker/spreader (dish soap, non-antimicrobial, please).

IF you see immediate greening up, you know you've got a bit of an imbalance with regard to Mg and K. If not, then you know that Ca is still playing the primary role here.

Remember, looking at the chemical formulae of these compounds is helpful. You're not just getting a big boost of Mg with Epsoms, you're also getting another important macronutrient--sulfur.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Thanks, I'll do a foliar of epsom salts tomorrow morning and a little time will tell me if it's a mg and k. or cal problem. I really appreciate your insight- damn you're informative!

Latest posts

Top Bottom