Unhappy girls :( any help is appreciated

• Thread starter Jlynes80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Hello there, first time indoor soil grow here. Have done a several hydro grows and outdoor. Have some burning going on and a couple plants that the whole plant faded yellowish. These are grown in a mix of happy frog, ocean forest have put oyster shell and some bat guano right at flip. I am on RO water and using cal mag, pro blend bloom, fulvic/humic, silica blast, and just picked up earth juice micro but this happened before I have used it. I do around 10-20% run off. pH of run off is around 6.5, ppm is around 700-900ish. Lights are double end, around 60k at canopy just below it and 40k to the sides. Good ventilation, fans. Humidity is around 40%ish. Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks for looking and taking the time to help me!

Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 2
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 3
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 4
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 5
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 6
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 7
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 8
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 9
Unhappy girls  any help is appreciated 10
Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Did you look for mites-bugs? How often do you water?

No Mites, have a controlled aphid population going. I have sprayed them all with Botanigard wp, spinosid and growsafe which is oil based but always let them dry very well before turning lights on. I water each plant when container becomes light.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Did you look for mites-bugs? How often do you water?
I was using a soil probe for awhile and they were looking fine up until now. So I switched to just picking up the pot. Should I wait till it gets feather light or just before that?

growsince79

growsince79

I was using a soil probe for awhile and they were looking fine up until now. So I switched to just picking up the pot. Should I wait till it gets feather light or just before that?
Have to know how big of container and much water and food, and how often before I can guess.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Have to know how big of container and much water and food, and how often before I can guess.

They are in what was sold as 5 gallon containers but am guessing they are around 3 gal or so. Botanicare pro blend, fulvic/humic, silica blast, cal mag, RO water around 900 ppm after mixed. 6.2-6.5 ph, around 6.5 ph run off. Just bought some Earth juice micro to add to the mix. I do have a small aphid problem but am keeping it in check with botanigard wp, spinosid and Growsafe which is oil based. Always let plants dry well before them getting any light.

growsince79

growsince79

They are in what was sold as 5 gallon containers but am guessing they are around 3 gal or so. Botanicare pro blend, fulvic/humic, silica blast, cal mag, RO water around 900 ppm after mixed. 6.2-6.5 ph, around 6.5 ph run off. Just bought some Earth juice micro to add to the mix. I do have a small aphid problem but am keeping it in check with botanigard wp, spinosid and Growsafe which is oil based. Always let plants dry well before them getting any light.
Since you don't know how much and how often, I can't help.

growsince79

growsince79

How much -how often? Its not a trick question. Is it one quart every day? Is it one gallon every month? Hard to help if you don't know.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

How much -how often? Its not a trick question. Is it one quart every day? Is it one gallon every month? Hard to help if you don't know.
I check each pot everyday if it feels light I water with around a quart maybe 2. I use a watering can with decent size holes and was watering for 7 seconds but have backed off to around 4 seconds because I thought maybe I was watering to much.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Please excuse my newbness when it comes to indoor potted organic soil. I have exp with hydro and outdoor mostly

mashy

mashy

Hi @Jlynes80. If you started seeing problems at the same time as spraying I think it may be the oil base causing some burn. I got some oil on one of my outdoor plants by accident and the leaves burnt with a similar look to some of your pics. I sprayed at dusk but it still burnt the next day after drying. Maybe worth considering?

growsince79

growsince79

I check each pot everyday if it feels light I water with around a quart maybe 2. I use a watering can with decent size holes and was watering for 7 seconds but have backed off to around 4 seconds because I thought maybe I was watering to much.
If you are getting runoff after only 2 quarts in, its way over watered. They need to dry out more.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Hi @Jlynes80. If you started seeing problems at the same time as spraying I think it may be the oil base causing some burn. I got some oil on one of my outdoor plants by accident and the leaves burnt with a similar look to some of your pics. I sprayed at dusk but it still burnt the next day after drying. Maybe worth considering?
Yeah I have also been thinking it could be that as well. It started happening after I sprayed every 3 days rotating the 2 bacteria's and the oil spray. I hate aphids and the oil spray says it wouldnt burn at max strength they recommend for aphids. I thought it also looks like overwatering some as well.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I think so too if using anything on the leaves during lights on its likely gonna burn. Also check your roots if you can. If you have an aphid problem there may be other microscopic bugs along with em.

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

If you are getting runoff after only 2 quarts in, its way over watered. They need to dry out more.
One problem I am experiencing is when the soil dries up it pulls away from the sides of the pot and so when i water it tends to want to go down the sides I try to water slow but it still happens. When I am done watering the pot feels way heavier so for the 7 second or so watering it may be closer to 3 quarts. because it looks like over watering I backed off to only watering for 4 secs slowly and the pot def gains a fair amount of weight

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

I think so too if using anything on the leaves during lights on its likely gonna burn. Also check your roots if you can. If you have an aphid problem there may be other microscopic bugs along with em.
I always let plants completely dry before lights come back on

Jlynes80

Jlynes80

Do you all think that the sprays could build up over time causing the burn? Should I try to rinse them after leaving spray on there for awhile since they are just contact sprays?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Do you all think that the sprays could build up over time causing the burn? Should I try to rinse them after leaving spray on there for awhile since they are just contact sprays?
Yes you can wash em after but I spray 15 minutes before lights off and add an extra oscillating clip fan if I’m gonna try and save em. I’ve been working all day caulking and sealing my entire grow room off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom