Unhappy plant. Droopy leaves all the time

• Thread starter GowerX616
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

I appreciate all the advice growmies👍. Vpd is 1.03 kpa which is within range for late veg ( 0.8-1.2). Room temp is 74-78 degrees, rh is at 64%. I x2 the pruning I have been quite busy lately but none the less isn't an excuse. I will do some trimming and see what happens. I'll keep you all up to date 🤙
If the leaf temps are cooler, which under LED they typically are by as much 4 degrees, your vpd would be below .8 kPa

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I appreciate all the advice growmies👍. Vpd is 1.03 kpa which is within range for late veg ( 0.8-1.2). Room temp is 74-78 degrees, rh is at 64%. I x2 the pruning I have been quite busy lately but none the less isn't an excuse. I will do some trimming and see what happens. I'll keep you all up to date 🤙
If you're using LEDs, bring the temp above 80F. Is that rh at 64% the reading when the lights are on? What does it get to during the dark hours?

I'd start by dropping rh under 60% ... and even further to around 50% during flower. In my experience, it's better to run a slightly too dry of an environment over one that's too moist.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I had this issue in my first grow. This is kinda contrary to everything all these way more exp growers are saying, so I'm not saying this is the problem, this is just something that happened to me. My leaves started drooping and I began trying to figure out why. What my problem ended up being was that I was watering on a 4 day schedule. At day 3 I'd lift the pot and it would be light, so next morning I'd water. What I didn't take into account was the plant was getting bigger and drinking more. The next time I went in there and lifted them around 36 hours after the last watering and they were already light. I needed to water the next morning. After that I just started lifting my plants everyday. It stayed on every 2 days until I changed the light cycle, then it went back down to needing it every 3. I was really hesitant to write this bc I think everyone is prob right on with their assessments. It was all just pretty similar to my situation so I shared. Good luck with it. I want to run Solfire so bad.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I had this issue in my first grow. This is kinda contrary to everything all these way more exp growers are saying, so I'm not saying this is the problem, this is just something that happened to me. My leaves started drooping and I began trying to figure out why. What my problem ended up being was that I was watering on a 4 day schedule. At day 3 I'd lift the pot and it would be light, so next morning I'd water. What I didn't take into account was the plant was getting bigger and drinking more. The next time I went in there and lifted them around 36 hours after the last watering and they were already light. I needed to water the next morning. After that I just started lifting my plants everyday. It stayed on every 2 days until I changed the light cycle, then it went back down to needing it every 3. I was really hesitant to write this bc I think everyone is prob right on with their assessments. It was all just pretty similar to my situation so I shared. Good luck with it. I want to run Solfire so bad.
The OP I believe said he is in 5 gallon containers and watering 1.5 gal about every 4 days. He's not far off what the plants should be using if all other environmental variables are in line.

I still think his best option immediately is raise the temperatures above 80F (82F is about the sweet spot) and drop the rh. Once the transpiration issue is fixed, the leaves will begin to reach for the lights.

GowerX616

GowerX616

That rh level and temp are for the day. I'm still in veg. Taking these girls for an 8 week ride. As for night time rh I have no clue, I'm alseep by the time the light goes off. I will drop the rh down to the mid 50's and raise the temp to 80 an see what they do. Thanks guys !

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The OP I believe said he is in 5 gallon containers and watering 1.5 gal about every 4 days. He's not far off what the plants should be using if all other environmental variables are in line.

I still think his best option immediately is raise the temperatures above 80F (82F is about the sweet spot) and drop the rh. Once the transpiration issue is fixed, the leaves will begin to reach for the lights.
I clicked on this thread bc I figured I'd learn something. I was not disappointed.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I agree. The droop is a overwater appearance not a thirsty plant droop. Transpiration is to low.

GowerX616

GowerX616

Not a huge difference ( It's only been over night) but I can tell she's coming back ! I Defoliated, raised the temp and she seems to like it. Thanks guys ! I appreciate all of your advice !

GowerX616

GowerX616

Screenshot 20220921 140828
IMG 20220919 142056

I eventually ended up figuring out her issue. One I believe this specific strain just wasn't an 8weeker for veg. 2 I flipped into flower saying screw it an fed her bloom nutes with it's extra shot of phosphorus she immediately woke up ! They are all looking beautiful 👍

C

Clase

Anything run by solfire and exotic genetix will tell you when they are ready for bed! I run both breeders strains and if you pay attention the leaves will tell ya what they want....after about 6 weeks in veg total they want to be flipped as towards that time they start hiding from the light on a 18/6 light schedule at roughly the 15 hour mark. I have the same problem with drooping every morning with one of my plants...she has a tougher time waking up in the morning and she also holds more water then the other plants.

GowerX616

GowerX616

Definitely appreciate the advice chase! Next go round that Phoenix fire will be all by itself. She has been the post picky out of the bunch! 🤬 But all in all they are coming along great! I actually let them get a little to big lol I'm afraid I might run out of room in my tent 😮 hopefully not !

GowerX616

GowerX616

Definitely appreciate the advice chase! Next go round that Phoenix fire will be all by itself. She has been the post picky out of the bunch! 🤬 But all in all they are coming along great! I actually let them get a little to big lol I'm afraid I might run out of room in my tent 😮 hopefully not !
Clase*

C

Clase

Bro I have been there!! I just bought a bigger tent because of that reason...haha. I have also turned to running in 3 gallon Fabric pots instead of 5. I'm not looking for quantity at this point in my life ....more about quality.

Top Bottom