Unhealthy buds underneath the healthy colas?

• Thread starter Ryan541
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ryan541

I have several plants that have been flowering outside for a month or so. The tips of some of the colas look great but underneath the buds don't look very happy and are darker and already have a bit of red hairs. Not sure what is happening? To much nutrients or not enough. I always get my pH right when I feed. Any ideas would really help :)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have several plants that have been flowering outside for a month or so. The tips of some of the colas look great but underneath the buds don't look very happy and are darker and already have a bit of red hairs. Not sure what is happening? To much nutrients or not enough. I always get my pH right when I feed. Any ideas would really help :)
Hard to tell without pics but give it a tug at the spot where you see brown, if you get a piece off easily you might have bud rot. You'll know it when you see it. It's a sad thing because it kills your harvest. Cold damp mornings, evenings,rain & not enough drying time in the sunlight. I've lost whole crops to it. Reason #1 why I quit growing outdoors in my cold damp wet climate in the early and late fall..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sounds like you're possibly describing Bud rot of some type..pictures needed

R

Ryan541

It's almost like the smaller nugs and lower cola are finishing early and darker in color with less crystals.
20190831 132948

R

Ryan541

The first pic is a healthy bud. The next pics are what I was referring too
20190831 133012
20190831 133015

R

Ryan541

Hard to tell without pics but give it a tug at the spot where you see brown, if you get a piece off easily you might have bud rot. You'll know it when you see it. It's a sad thing because it kills your harvest. Cold damp mornings, evenings,rain & not enough drying time in the sunlight. I've lost whole crops to it. Reason #1 why I quit growing outdoors in my cold damp wet climate in the early and late fall..
Thanks for the help and time. Uploaded a couple pics if that's helps. Definitely not rot but living in Oregon all to familiar with that. Thanks!

Dan789

Dan789

Like the response on the second posting, tug on the portion of darker bud, if it comes off, it’s bud rot. No cure it’s dead material, harvest the unrotted buds, when they mature, which is still a few weeks off. Good luck.

R

Ryan541

Like the response on the second posting, tug on the portion of darker bud, if it comes off, it’s bud rot. No cure it’s dead material, harvest the unrotted buds, when they mature, which is still a few weeks off. Good luck.
It's definitely not rotting or molding at all. Something unusal. Thanks man

Top Bottom