Uni-slab aka Uni-Bag inspired grow

• Thread starter Casimpi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
so, you just water once a day with 20% run off?
For me figuring that dry back and feeding out was challenging specially when the room is running at 80/82f. I'm still micro managing it but a lot less then before..

Casimpi

Casimpi

so, you just water once a day with 20% run off?
For me figuring that dry back and feeding out was challenging specially when the room is running at 80/82f. I'm still micro managing it but a lot less then before..

I was when hand watering.

Now I am watering every 2 hours around the clock about 200ml of water per watering around 2,400ml of water a day.

Casimpi

Casimpi

I know when growing photo period flowers the most exciting time is the flowering stage, as you get to watch bud sites develop and bear their flowers. But I find myself 100% more excited about this veg tent than my flower tent at the moment.

These things are honestly kicking ass so I decided to get after them again. I cut maybe 50 or so leaves / branches from the top and bottom while trying to tuck branches and leaves. Man it was only 2 days ago I took that last big batch.
IMG 8218

Under the LemonG on left, Velvet B middle, and Gelly B right
IMG 8222

IMG 8223

I have a really old iPhone which I am sure you all have noticed by the photo quality, but the Gelly B is trying to form roots off the main stem.
IMG 8219

Canopy and keep in mind this was AFTER all those leaves came off.

IMG 8221

IMG 8224

IMG 8225

IMG 8226

Cheers!

Casimpi

Casimpi

Hey all sorry I am so bad at updating, life is life as we all know. Things in the tent are going really well. Still have them being fed every 2 hours roughly 120ml. They were also flipped into flower 6 days ago and are currently being fed 1/3 ratio of bloom nutes that is being changed to 2/3 bloom nutes as we speak. I plan to run that for another 4-5 days until I hope they stop stretching then will be on 100% bloom formula. At that same time which will be roughly day 14-16 of flower I plan to get in and do a big defoliation.

Picture dump in order from my last update till tonight (17 days). The last two pictures are 24 hours apart to show you over 1 inch in 24 hours that they seem to have stretched.
IMG 8221

IMG 8229

IMG 8242

IMG 8354

IMG 8408

IMG 8426

IMG 8428

IMG 8456

IMG 8468

Observationist

Observationist

I recently changed to an automated system like I previously mentioned its an interval based system. I won a coupon code that gave me a pretty good discount off the system so I said why not. Its made by a company called Growtek USA based out of Washington State.

Prior I had been feeding once a day till about 20% runoff leaning on the higher side vs the under. I am using a local nutrient company and just following their schedule which in veg is 15 ml per gallon of each their Grow A and B. My starting water is coming from a Hydro Logic Small Boy starting at 7 PH, 200 ppm and .49 EC.

After Foxfarms PH down and the 30 ML of nutrients per gallon my water is PH 5.5, 106 ppm, and 2.1 EC.

The fertigation system has been live for 4 days and all I do is add 2-4 drops of PH every day to maintain the 5.5 PH, but there has been feeding with some drift. I am still fine tuning the system but as of now I am feeding them 200ml of water every 2 hours.

I was lower but was not noticing any residual water in the drip trays so wanted to up it some to at least start to pool water knowing I am getting runoff. I know I should be allowing some dry back so might have to adjust but so far I am just holding my breath.
i saw that growtek on reddit, that system looks pretty dope.

Casimpi

Casimpi

i saw that growtek on reddit, that system looks pretty dope.
It is not for everyone but is pretty cool. I am not even using it to its full capacity as I think the really neat thing is the waste water management. It has an add on that comes with another pump and scales and will measure the weight of the run off for each plant and then based on that turn on the watering.

So you could set it to have a 20% runoff twice a day for example and it would turn on pump to water at an interval and adjust the amount per plant based on its runoff water weight.

Plus the guy at Growtek is super helpful and can make changes for your system as needed. For example he sent me the standard drip rings and when I explained the rockwool set up I have he created new blocks and sent me for free which are just perfect.
IMG 8024

IMG 8025

IMG 8190

Casimpi

Casimpi

@tobh I should have listened to your advice and flipped these sooner. I wanted to try and get that front screen filled out, but I think I am going to have a similar situation on hand to what you encountered.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@tobh I should have listened to your advice and flipped these sooner. I wanted to try and get that front screen filled out, but I think I am going to have a similar situation on hand to what you encountered.
that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw these latest pics. you could've flipped sooner and still filled in the screen. you're going to want a second screen in there for support, and i would HIGHLY recommend a defoliation. it'll help keep RH in check and ensure you end up with solid buds all the way down instead of finishing up with a bunch of larf and extract-only garbage on the bottom.

Reactions: PK1
Observationist

Observationist

It is not for everyone but is pretty cool. I am not even using it to its full capacity as I think the really neat thing is the waste water management. It has an add on that comes with another pump and scales and will measure the weight of the run off for each plant and then based on that turn on the watering.

So you could set it to have a 20% runoff twice a day for example and it would turn on pump to water at an interval and adjust the amount per plant based on its runoff water weight.

Plus the guy at Growtek is super helpful and can make changes for your system as needed. For example he sent me the standard drip rings and when I explained the rockwool set up I have he created new blocks and sent me for free which are just perfect.
View attachment 1214349
View attachment 1214350
View attachment 1214351
That’s awesome of him or them

when I saw it on Reddit , I believe the very person who posted it is also the creator

Casimpi

Casimpi

that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw these latest pics. you could've flipped sooner and still filled in the screen. you're going to want a second screen in there for support, and i would HIGHLY recommend a defoliation. it'll help keep RH in check and ensure you end up with solid buds all the way down instead of finishing up with a bunch of larf and extract-only garbage on the bottom.

I plan to get in there are take a ton of leave out. Tomorrow makes day 14 so it will be any day now, just watching their stretch and want to see if they have slowed any before I go in.

Casimpi

Casimpi

As I previously stated I decided to take a bunch of leaves off. I took more off than I have ever done before so we will see how this goes. I accidently broke 2 tops and 1 lower in the process but all things considered it went ok.

They seem to be naked and weak to me now. I am going to need to support them but I am not sure the best way to weave a trellis net in the middle of everything.... any suggestions?

I was also able to raise the lights about 6 inches or so.

Anyway here is a photo dump in order of tonight's activities.
IMG 8517

IMG 8519

IMG 8520

IMG 8533

IMG 8534

IMG 8535

IMG 8532

IMG 8532

IMG 8537

IMG 8539

IMG 8538

I turned the lights down and here is to hopes they bounce right back and are not too mad at me.

Cheers

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you did perfect! fuckin decent.

they'll bounce back just fine. it's a butthole pucker moment but you did em right in that space. sleep easy man.

Reactions: PK1
Casimpi

Casimpi

you did perfect! fuckin decent.

they'll bounce back just fine. it's a butthole pucker moment but you did em right in that space. sleep easy man.
Thank you very much.

Your seal of approval will 100% help me sleep easier tonight, especially because you have the closest set up to mine. Now I need to mix up another res and go to bed early start in the AM.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Hey All,

Since the strip they have stopped stretching. I hope this was because they were truly done vs being stressed. If they are stressed they have not show a single sign and are already starting to produce resin. The problem is they are too tall so I cannot get good looks at the very top of the canopy. It might be time to get the old selfie stick out and get my phone up in there.

Photo dumpy photos taken 2 days ago or so and tonight in that order.

IMG 8539

IMG 8603

IMG 8606

IMG 8667

IMG 8669

IMG 8670

IMG 8671

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah, i noticed that with mine too. that second strip completely killed the stretch. like, dead, no more stretch at all. also didn't notice any signs of stress, they just kinda went into suspended animation for about a week it seemed. overall i think the benefit is better than any potential harm caused considering i think i threw maybe seven grams max of larf into the trim pile, and still came out at 1.8lb of trimmed, dried smokeable flower. everything is curing atm so will know a final cured weight in a couple more weeks.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i think that's what happened to the BB cheese of mine. After the strip it kind of went on halt and stopped stretching. However, it didn't bother the Amnesia and Cinderella and to keep the control, i did the temp differential.

yeah, i noticed that with mine too. that second strip completely killed the stretch. like, dead, no more stretch at all. also didn't notice any signs of stress, they just kinda went into suspended animation for about a week it seemed. overall i think the benefit is better than any potential harm caused considering i think i threw maybe seven grams max of larf into the trim pile, and still came out at 1.8lb of trimmed, dried smokeable flower. everything is curing atm so will know a final cured weight in a couple more weeks.
you weren't too far off from your goal even after the flowers are cured/

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i think that's what happened to the BB cheese of mine. After the strip it kind of went on halt and stopped stretching. However, it didn't bother the Amnesia and Cinderella and to keep the control, i did the temp differential.

you weren't too far off from your goal even after the flowers are cured/
not at all. if it hadn't been for the handful of mistakes, and with heavier genetics, i'm sure i would've easily passed the 2lb mark. next goal is 2gpw, or as close as possible without running co2. that's a serious stretch goal though. everything would have to be perfect.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Yup, I think that is the best description. They seemed to be in suspended animation for 4-5 days with no negative signs. I also am noticing some of the lower bud sites are way more developed compared to most lower sites on grows at this stage I have seen. So I think the strip is an overall net positive for the plant and you re affirm this thought in my head.

I am also playing around with the idea of adding in 3-4 bar lights on the side or bottom to help really fill the tent with light.

Top Bottom