Uniseal Build Up

• Thread starter unicorns4444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

unicorns4444

Hey fellas,
Just checking in to see if anyone else has experianced an algae like organic buildup around the uni seals. I run a home made Under current style system and this is my first run using Caps Root and foliar Bennies. I have battled root rot on and off for awhile now so I decided to give them a try instead of going the sterile route. I just loaded up with a round of wifis that are in starter rockwool cubes sitting directly in 10 inch net pots with a rockwool/perlite mix. I gave up on the large 6" rockwool cubes all together on this run as well to lower any rot chances. I started using caps beneficials at the end of my last run and I could immediately see them clearing up my pythium problem. This run, I have been using them from the beginning and the roots are just about all reaching the waterline. Bright white and starting to put out feelers, they look great. I just noticed a buildup around the uniseals and it looks algaeish. I have seen it before back when I was having rot issues. I forgot to swap out an old air stone and I started to notice a snot buildup around the stones. I cleaned then entire system, vacuumed out all bins and ran h202 for a day. I loaded back up with Caps and everything is looking great. I just want to see if anyone else has seen this buildup so I know that it isnt some rot snot that I missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey fellas,
Just checking in to see if anyone else has experianced an algae like organic buildup around the uni seals. I run a home made Under current style system and this is my first run using Caps Root and foliar Bennies. I have battled root rot on and off for awhile now so I decided to give them a try instead of going the sterile route. I just loaded up with a round of wifis that are in starter rockwool cubes sitting directly in 10 inch net pots with a rockwool/perlite mix. I gave up on the large 6" rockwool cubes all together on this run as well to lower any rot chances. I started using caps beneficials at the end of my last run and I could immediately see them clearing up my pythium problem. This run, I have been using them from the beginning and the roots are just about all reaching the waterline. Bright white and starting to put out feelers, they look great. I just noticed a buildup around the uniseals and it looks algaeish. I have seen it before back when I was having rot issues. I forgot to swap out an old air stone and I started to notice a snot buildup around the stones. I cleaned then entire system, vacuumed out all bins and ran h202 for a day. I loaded back up with Caps and everything is looking great. I just want to see if anyone else has seen this buildup so I know that it isnt some rot snot that I missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could just be some bio film, but in those systems it's always good to give them a THOROUGH cleaning between runs.

Top Bottom