Unknown bag seed, will update by week. Might clone. (Feeling good about her)

• Thread starter cobblestoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cobblestoner

cobblestoner

SOIL GROWER

Unknown strain Bag seed (might clone)

Around 6 weeks

Haven't measured how tall they are

Planted into a 5x8 in ground garden bed I removed grass from

Probably crappy yard dirt mixed with compost into first 3 inches and top dressed with BAS craft blend

I water every day at 3 pm and keep 1 14 inch deep drip near stem filled halfway with water for deep watering

Don't currently PH my water but I let it sit out for 24 hours or as long as I can to try and keep it free of things bad for microbes

1 Bas craft blend blend top dress at week 5, will do 1 more in veg, then a BuildaFlower top dress into flower. Will feed garden weed FPJ and beet FFJ as well as a fruity ferment into flower.

I foliar spray every Monday a mix of EM-5 and LAB and have Dr Bronners castille soap on hand I've done one spray of at week 6 veg (hope it doesn't kill microbes)

This is an outdoor grow, gets full light half of the day and shade the other half from roof.

5x8 inground bed with mulch layer of dried grass

Temps go from 60-90 degrees currently to 70 to high hundreds in summer with humidity going from 30-70.

Haven't PH'd soil, should I?

Lots of fungus knats I try my best to keep rid of I need sticky pads. Lots of bugs but not too many Ive identified as harmful I'm not currently fighting. Natural grow so I'm bug friendly.

I've had experience in 2 outdoor grows, not using any nutrients just love and good soil. First was 2 plants that turned male, second was 2 that I let get too ripe and gave me anxiety lol

Week 5- mid week 5 veg

Big fan leaf got tore it up a bit, added top dress
Topped her because I wanted to do it early
Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 3

Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 5

Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 4

Week 6 veg

I've pruned off a big fan leaf because it's torn up but it makes for better angles lol.
topping went well, and she's for sure a she!
well see if I'll clone her sometime soon.
Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 2

Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her

Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 7

Unknown bag seed will update by week might clone feeling good about her 6
Last edited:
cobblestoner

cobblestoner

ALWAYS CLONE
Gonna let her grow another node or two and take 2 cuttings from bottom and leave them in a camping tent outside changing the water daily, never really cloned atleast with any success so I hope it works out

2Bad

2Bad

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

If I don't have grow lights what sort of environment should I give them to take root?

2Bad

2Bad

If I don't have grow lights what sort of environment should I give them to take root?
A T5 (fluorescent light) is what I use but @MIGrampaUSA told me about LED strips and says they work for him.

edit: u can try a shaded area outside if lights are not an option..you want some sunlight just not direct/hot light

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

A T5 (fluorescent light) is what I use but @MIGrampaUSA told me about LED strips and says they work for him.

edit: u can try a shaded area outside if lights are not an option..you want some sunlight just not direct/hot light
Light strips seem cheap to buy and run so I'll actually consider this for the first time ever lol, just don't know a single thing about lights besides general knowledge on light spectrums. Guess there's no better time than now to dive deep in research

2Bad

2Bad

Light strips seem cheap to buy and run so I'll actually consider this for the first time ever lol, just don't know a single thing about lights besides general knowledge on light spectrums. Guess there's no better time than now to dive deep in research
@MIGrampaUSA could recommend you what kind and that's it. No need to get a research headache.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If all you're trying to do is root clones, you don't need much light at all. I use LED shop lights at a color temperature of about 6000. It's heavy in blue light which helps stimulate root growth. You can find them on Amazon in 2ft up to 8ft lights. They resemble the old florescent tube lights.

You can also use a regular LED cold white light bulb if all you're trying to do is root a few cuttings.

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Start of week 7 veg

Topping is looking nice. Been sprinkling rain and high humidity w low temps in 60s the past few days and throwing off water schedule so she isn't doing as good as she can ATM. Will be back on schedule as soon as possible. And first feed will be with homemade FPJ when things have dried out a bit.

One question I have though is does she look
good for 7 weeks? Should she look bigger?
IMG 20230504 163944380

IMG 20230504 164030090
IMG 20230504 164057117

A lot of the leafs have 5 fingers while some have 7, lowest branches even having 3. Not sure if that's a problem or just some unstable genetics from shitty bag seed if anyone has some insight it would be appreciated lol.

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

START OF WEEK 8 VEG
Feed right now: Garden weed FPJ

Gave her a taste of the garden weed FPJ I've made gave her once cup to 3 gallons because of some shit I read and then later realized I need to add only 8ml per gallon.. she really seemed to love it though lol. Should I keep up the one cup if she likes it so much or around 8ml I'm not sure how closely to follow website recommendations lol.
IMG 20230511 204405407
Screenshot 20230511 205233

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Start of week 9 veg:

Feed right now: Garden weed (FPJ) Beet (FPJ), Sea Water (sea salt diluted and put into feed), with a touch of Dr bronners for cleanliness

She absolutely blew up the past week, she's taking the FPJs I've made really well and I'm proud of her. In desperate need to get some IMO's/JMS ready though to add some boosts of life to the soil cuz I've been lazy with it.

Really need to get some neen oil aswell, got some thrip and earwig and/or caterpillar damage. Dr bronners on it's own for IPM isn't enough it seems.
Screenshot 20230518 090559
Screenshot 20230518 090556
Screenshot 20230518 090552
Screenshot 20230518 090548

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Start of week 10 veg:

Feed right now: Garden weed (FPJ) Beet (FPJ), Sea Water (sea salt diluted and put into feed), with a touch of Dr bronners for cleanliness
(Forgot to mention but 1 top feed of BAS Craftblend topdress at week 5)

She's honestly getting too big lol Im not quite sure what to do with her. She's covering 2 of my tomatoes even. Needless to say she's loving everything she's had but at over 40 inches tall she's going to reach over my fence in not too long and I really could use some advice on what to do lol. I've been thinking maybe a tomato cage w some netting or even branch bending so she's not seen by unwanted eyes.

Dealing with a bit of a spider mite problem it looks like but Dr bronners seems to keep em steadily away, still need to get Neem oil but have been rather busy.
IMG 20230525 221737090
IMG 20230525 221857689
IMG 20230525 221808427

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

First attempt at taking a clone!

Put into coco coir and perlite mix I got for starting seeds and gave it a foliar of Dr bronners and wet the inside of the bag with that for moisture as well as wetting the soil with a low dose of FPJ to see if that'd help. Was taken about a day and a half ago and it standing strong.
Just letting her sit on my nightstand in my room as it gets hella hot outside and I don't have a special space to put it or a windowsill that won't draw attention
Screenshot 20230529 205402
Screenshot 20230529 205354

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

START OF WEEK 11 VEG:

Feed right now:
1/8TSP Dr bronners per gallon for cleanliness
Garden weed (FPJ)

Beet (FPJ)
Sea Water monthly (sea salt diluted and put into feed)
Alaska 5-1-1 fish amino acid weekly starting this week
(Compost worked 3 inches or so into soil and 1 top dress of BAS CRAFT BLEND dry amendments)

She's still continuing to be turning into a monster, over 4 feet now. Bended the top of the highest branch to fight the height a bit because I can't have her growing over my 6ft fence, and she has quite a while to go with my harvest being probably roughly in October. Finally was able to get Neem Oil that I use with equal amounts Dr bronners twice a week. Have done 2 applications and no more pests at all! My only problem now is excessive height and growth over my tomatoes lol. As always any critiques or recommendations to anything would be appreciated! :)
Screenshot 20230601 215453
Screenshot 20230601 215449
Screenshot 20230601 215445
Screenshot 20230601 215439

Cool random mushroom I saw this morning in my garden bed lol
Screenshot 20230601 215503

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Week 12 veg update:

Feed right now:
1/8TSP Dr bronners soap per gallon for cleanliness
Garden weed (FPJ)
Beet (FPJ)
Sea Water monthly (sea salt diluted and put into feed)
Alaska 5-1-1 fish amino acid weekly starting this week
(Compost worked 3 inches or so into soil and 1 top dress of BAS CRAFT BLEND dry amendments)

IPM right now:
1 1/2 tbsp Dr Bronners soap per gallon of water
1-1 1/2 tbsp Neem oil per gallon of water
(Will incorporate some L.A.B I'll make in a week or so, I ran out)

Defoliated a lot so more branches were getting light and so she can bush more. Honestly messed up one of the main stems and snapped it a bit trying to do some bending, she's just getting so damn tall I thought I'd try something (will not again). Other than that everything is alright besides earwigs i continually fight but don't seem to post an immediate threat, aswell as the excessive growth. I do have some yellowing leaves on the bottoming branches but I think that's just her getting old, I will start feeding her some water soluble calcium (WSCAL) I have brewing up to maybe help that a bit.
IMG 20230609 133026864 HDR

IMG 20230609 133042700 HDR

IMG 20230609 133133251 HDR

(Can't even get all the tops from the top she's so tall lol)
IMG 20230609 133411586 HDR

IMG 20230609 133329866

Top Bottom