Unknown Clones from bagseeds Run #2

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

My biggest veg tent problem is keeping the heat up in there.

I lowered the LEDs to bring them closer to leafs to try to increase LSTs

Or could raise them and increase power, going with option one first.

And bring up ambient a few degrees

Observationist

Observationist

Figuring DLI on a 4 hour schedule - Ha.

Anybody use this stuff before?

Still playing around with environment parameters.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo we are not there but getting closer. This was thought to be able to maximize photosynthesis since the the first few hrs are the most efficient. In theory this looks great but in practice is not the case…

It takes plants time to change processes from photosynthesis to the calvin cycle. If I remember correctly it can be around an hr. During that efficiency if both suffer.

Thats a very basic explanation. Now something with the red or infrared spectrum has alot to do with this and more recently this has been manipulated and shown to impact the speed at which this shift in cycles happens.

Personally i haven’t looked into this enough to say whether we’ve reached a point that is beneficial yet with the manipulation of spectral influences to do so. But my gut tells me not yet

Madmax

Madmax

Ive used similar stuff outdoors..it works but you need to apply it agin around 4 days later..i never rinsed mine off as other do ,but again they were outside and were sprayed when sun was down...silica foliar sprayed is spose to work for spider mites but dont quote me on that.ive just seen it mentioned when i was looking into silica to use..

Observationist

Observationist

Imo we are not there but getting closer. This was thought to be able to maximize photosynthesis since the the first few hrs are the most efficient. In theory this looks great but in practice is not the case…

It takes plants time to change processes from photosynthesis to the calvin cycle. If I remember correctly it can be around an hr. During that efficiency if both suffer.

Thats a very basic explanation. Now something with the red or infrared spectrum has alot to do with this and more recently this has been manipulated and shown to impact the speed at which this shift in cycles happens.

Personally i haven’t looked into this enough to say whether we’ve reached a point that is beneficial yet with the manipulation of spectral influences to do so. But my gut tells me not yet
interesting, i know it takes some time for them to switch gears from bruce bugbee, just not exact on timings, ill have to look more into the spectral influence of it

i could go back to trying 6-4 and thatll give it two extra hours, for the calvin cycle.

and that will equal to 18 instead of 16 so

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

interesting, i know it takes some time for them to switch gears from bruce bugbee, just not exact on timings

i could go to 6-4 and thatll give it two extra hours, for the calvin cycle.
Imo Dr. Bruce is correct on maximizing DLI … the most beneficial light cycle will be the one that gives the most overall photosynthesis and this is very complicated compared to what most think.

There is photosynthetic rates that need to be taken into account and that’s overall photosynthetic rates. Different receptors for different spectrums. So we would need to maximize each group of receptors by achieving ideal spectral ratios first.

This changes with intensity (more later)

If thats done….

Then we need to account for the photosynthetic rates to see at what intensity we start seeing photo respiration (where photosynthetic efficiency starts to drop) as we get closer to photo saturation.

If we can do that…

Then we need to see how the circadian rhythm is effected.

Then everything else like VPD, Co2. o2, wind, media and all that other stuff that affects photosynthesis.

So honestly all if this stuff has and is being studied so we are not going to find the answers before they do and they will be different per genetic.

Unless your in it for experience and i can very much respect that and you will gain knowledge from it so its never a waste, your better off running traditional cycles and fine tuning your intensity and spectrums

But there is value to be gained in experience and knowledge first hand so if thats your goal then run with it. I know much of what i have learned comes from learning the hard way (aka experience) and nothing is a waste if you learn from it

Observationist

Observationist

Imo Dr. Bruce is correct on maximizing DLI … the most beneficial light cycle will be the one that gives the most overall photosynthesis and this is very complicated compared to what most think.

There is photosynthetic rates that need to be taken into account and that’s overall photosynthetic rates. Different receptors for different spectrums. So we would need to maximize each group of receptors by achieving ideal spectral ratios first.

This changes with intensity (more later)

If thats done….

Then we need to account for the photosynthetic rates to see at what intensity we start seeing photo respiration (where photosynthetic efficiency starts to drop) as we get closer to photo saturation.

If we can do that…

Then we need to see how the circadian rhythm is effected.

Then everything else like VPD, Co2. o2, wind, media and all that other stuff that affects photosynthesis.

So honestly all if this stuff has and is being studied so we are not going to find the answers before they do and they will be different per genetic.

Unless your in it for experience and i can very much respect that and you will gain knowledge from it so its never a waste, your better off running traditional cycles and fine tuning your intensity and spectrums

But there is value to be gained in experience and knowledge first hand so if thats your goal then run with it. I know much of what i have learned comes from learning the hard way (aka experience) and nothing is a waste if you learn from it
Good read.

Good points.

I’m enjoying experimenting with it as well and seeing how they respond.

I’d like to be studying this in a academic setting, and learning all the mechanisms.

Observationist

Observationist

interesting, i know it takes some time for them to switch gears from bruce bugbee, just not exact on timings, ill have to look more into the spectral influence of it

i could go back to trying 6-4 and thatll give it two extra hours, for the calvin cycle.

and that will equal to 18 instead of 16 so
ooops i made a mistake, i did 6-2 the last time for a little.

Observationist

Observationist

they look mostly happy and have been 4-2 from the start in this veg tent, from seed.

but perhaps they could happier under 18-6 or so.

will probably just go back to that at some point, liked experimenting.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

I’m tempted to put the veg tent plants on the balcony, and start a whole other batch lol

Gonna lose some to males anyways

Veg outside flower inside

Observationist

Observationist

Little too high I think

So turned fans up a notch and opened vent, probably too much, just need to open vent more

Observationist

Observationist

Changing veg tent solo cups

Bunch of dried shit stuck in the tiny holes

Made bigger square holes for drainage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom