Unknown High Grade Strain

• Thread starter Artist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Nanners are actually what is inside the male flower. Balls are the unopened male flower. When they open they expose the bunch of nanners inside that contain the pollen. Then it is released.

When a female reverses she may make single or bunches of nanners (look like tiny bananas and are light green or yellow).

If you see a nanner it may have already dropped its pollen. The pollen can be strong and abundant and pollinate the reversed plant or others. Many times they only drop the pollen on the leaves and flowers below. Thats why sometimes we find seeds in the lower buds only.

But late nanners can be weak or not viable. Its the week 5 or so reversal that gives time for seeds to mature. The late ones can pollinate too. No way to be sure unless you know the plant.

And some strains tend to grow late nanners like diesel and chemdog. Those usually are not viable and are small.

As far as clones or even the seeds made reversing too. Thats also a maybe as the stress that turned the plant may be a correctable grower error.

I have grown many seeds resulting from nanners and still have not had one reverse. That means the reversal was caused by stress i caused. And i did not repeat the mistake or fixed it.

Hope this helps. Many misconceptions about nanners posted.
Then i have to assume plucking spreads their pollen even more. It just looks to me like nanners are sticky where balls are dry and the pollen moves with airflow or gravity. Have you ever collected nanner pollen?
Edit: as long as we are trashing Artists diary😅, when we had a male in college we tried doing lines of pollen. Now that’s newb🙃

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Then i have to assume plucking spreads their pollen even more. It just looks to me like nanners are sticky where balls are dry and the pollen moves with airflow or gravity. Have you ever collected nanner pollen?
Edit: as long as we are trashing Artists diary😅, when we had a male in college we tried doing lines of pollen. Now that’s newb🙃

I have not collected pollen but it falls out of the nanner. Its like a container. I have seen the pollen on the leaves and flower underneath the flower with the nanner.

They are smooth and dry and any moisture will deactivate the pollen. Most mist with water then pluck.

I have only picked them off with my fingers. Mostly if you see them the damage (if any) is already done.

Artist

Artist

Got a few seeds from her so Im guessing she came from a hermi plant but she’s good 😊

484541D8 7B8F 4D55 ACFE FF0A4C22AEF4
Artist

Artist

I know that’s the goal lol trash anything I do 🤦‍♂️ Keep posting I love it 😂

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

My plant talk for itself not me 🤔 she’s so frosty only 3weeks in 🌺
Bro these aren’t frosty ur fan leafs aren’t even folding from the frost,

Also I’ve tried GG4 before an it does not have a pine taste to it or smell, It was more like sour chocolate funk good luck with ur grow man.

Tommy626

Tommy626

Dude, do some reading. The most basic of research will enlighten you. Google something like “hermaphrodite cannabis plants.” Just a cursory search will show you that, yes, a herm plant will seed your entire garden. And yes, a clone from a herm plant will herm. This is like Gardening 101.
Gardening 101 says a “ nanners” may not even have viable pollen in them,
It also says environmental stress caused herm could potentially cause “one single seed”. A true herm will pollinate anything within reach.
so idk if we’re reading the same book. Thanks for the info tho👍🏻

Tommy626

Tommy626

I’ve never seen ‘nanners up close but they don’t look anything like the puffballs on a male. Curious how nanners pollinate.
2AB7D520 D276 4FEE A64D 746B9A2CB966

Green crack plant hermie caused by shitty mars hydro grow tent. In this pick you can see the puff ball it was in
They carry the same pollen load without the puffball encasement. As soon as they show their self any pollen they created is potentially distributed already. In my experience they have never caused havoc YET! (Knock on wood) the plant I had with nanner did not produce one seed.
they’re super hard to notice early in flower and those are the dangerous ones haha

Tommy626

Tommy626

Nanners are actually what is inside the male flower. Balls are the unopened male flower. When they open they expose the bunch of nanners inside that contain the pollen. Then it is released.

When a female reverses she may make single or bunches of nanners (look like tiny bananas and are light green or yellow).

If you see a nanner it may have already dropped its pollen. The pollen can be strong and abundant and pollinate the reversed plant or others. Many times they only drop the pollen on the leaves and flowers below. Thats why sometimes we find seeds in the lower buds only.

But late nanners can be weak or not viable. Its the week 5 or so reversal that gives time for seeds to mature. The late ones can pollinate too. No way to be sure unless you know the plant.

And some strains tend to grow late nanners like diesel and chemdog. Those usually are not viable and are small.

As far as clones or even the seeds made reversing too. Thats also a maybe as the stress that turned the plant may be a correctable grower error.

I have grown many seeds resulting from nanners and still have not had one reverse. That means the reversal was caused by stress i caused. And i did not repeat the mistake or fixed it.

Hope this helps. Many misconceptions about nanners posted.
Damn dude you are spot on with the info!!!
It was a chem dawg plant and the nanners were super tiny and solo!!! Good to see factual information
Thanks for that!

Tommy626

Tommy626

If your not asking questions and have your own style or formula on how you grow people always assuming and hating but it’s life I’m happy with how my grow turns out l👌all the haters hiding now
I never did get to see what you plant looked like before harvest? Was she frosty?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Gardening 101 says a “ nanners” may not even have viable pollen in them,
It also says environmental stress caused herm could potentially cause “one single seed”. A true herm will pollinate anything within reach.
so idk if we’re reading the same book. Thanks for the info tho👍🏻

My point really is is that whether they’re male flowers or simply bananas, they’re male. And I don’t want anything “male” on my plants, ya know? Unless, I’m looking for a male, in which case I wouldn’t want anything female on them.

DankStank99

DankStank99

Again I own my house with my loving family stop judging did the THE HATERS CLUB hurt your feelings😂 I bet you I’ll get 70g off my plant dude said 7g plant😂 time will tell I done replying to you haters
Do your thing bro, if it works for you who cares what anyone else thinks 🤷🏽‍♂️

Top Bottom