• Thread starter ladygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bones69

Bones69

Does it look like this?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungus_gnat

View attachment 492125

This is a fungas gnat. 1 thing alot of hydro growers dont know is the can transment pythium aka root rot or brown slime.
these mosquito dunks really helped me during my current grow. Along with some yellow sticky boards, My shit is golden!!! They sell it already broken up just sprinkle after watering and boom! This shit works!

Easy cheap kill and prevention is to use mosquito dunks. Can go to any hardware store find them in pesticide area.
View attachment 492126

Every 20 gallons of water in the system crush 1 and place in a cup of water over nite. Take a coffee filter and place over top of glass then hold filter and dump the water in your res. If dont use a coffee filter and any of those pieces get in your pump it can kill the pump.

The dunks have bti as the active ingrediant. Bti will hammer them if its used at correct concentration

www.ghorganics.com/BTI_For_Fungus_Gnats.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis_israelensis

Lil off gnat topic but if have pythium issues in hydro from well water or from the gnats run Orca. Its a trichoderma free product that has specific bacteria to end pythium issues along with nitrogen and phous fixing bacteria. If dont stop use as on the label it will take longer to finish plants by atleast a week, but will realy fatten your buds up. Not trying to plug Orca but the stuff ended my pythium issues I had from well water and increased my yeild aswell. This is made by same company as great white that alot of people use in coco grows. No trich and pythium bacteria is the differance between orca and great white. I tried peroxide dunks, and about everything else on the market.

The orca ended pythium 100% for me once i used it every res change. If use a live res by having benis in your system look up bio buckets, essiantly you place rinsed clean lava rock in top of your net pot for each plant and un a 3/8th hose from a "T" in your water delivery line that is not clear, and zip tie the line to your net pot so water from the res is applied to the top of the net pot. The lava rock gives the beni's a home and can multiply and stay wet. Beni's cannot survive if the are not kept wet and have oxygen, they cannot live without a home. meaning they can just live in buckets or a res being immursed they just need a water film not a swiming pool.

Here is some information on pythium itself.

http://extension.psu.edu/pests/plant-diseases/all-fact-sheets/pythium

www.amazon.com/Plant-Revolution-Premium-Liquid-Mycorrhizae/dp/B006ZSEHBY

Latest posts

Top Bottom