Unknown problem, please help

• Thread starter Smoody
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smoody

Strains are on picture Skunk 1 paradise or White berry sensi , other is home made cross shugar sour( shugar gom x sour 60 auto) he have only one stemp infected, the last wichhave only 1/8 from one leaf is Sleestuck skunk #1 seed man.
What's is tmv? I can write you all insect stuffs I have, but probably u ain't hear them. How to fight with this mosiac virus (?) and anaerobic bacteria(?) . I'll try to upload photos but is very hard with this f*ckin site bugs...............................

straincreation

straincreation

Strains are on picture Skunk 1 paradise or White berry sensi , other is home made cross shugar sour( shugar gom x sour 60 auto) he have only one stemp infected, the last wichhave only 1/8 from one leaf is Sleestuck skunk #1 seed man.
What's is tmv? I can write you all insect stuffs I have, but probably u ain't hear them. How to fight with this mosiac virus (?) and anaerobic bacteria(?) . I'll try to upload photos but is very hard with this f*ckin site bugs...............................
Go in the search box and look up tobacco mosaic virus. Theres no treatment for a virus like humans once its there you can only fight it it will always be there . Thebacteria thoughthat can be taken cate of do some home work if you really want to figure this out. Good luckhappy farmin.;)

S

Smoody

When I try to use search box and most sections -> Thcfarmer.com Server error Please contact with the administrator .
Infected side 1
IMG 20140706 130339
IMG 20140706 130428

Infected side 2-
IMG 20140706 130339

IMG 20140706 130428

IMG 20140706 130752

Infected plant 2
IMG 20140706 130305

Infected plant 3 - I think this is calcium defiency , bonus to necroses
IMG 20140706 130516

IMG 20140706 130615

IMG 20140706 130839
IMG 20140706 130821
Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
The experts have determined your sick plants are infected with Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV).

It sounds to me like you can remove the plants or leave them;
sometimes they (appear to) "grow out of it"--
but they'll always have the virus.

I would ask the experts:
if it would be advisable to cut-out the infected sites;
put them in plastic bags and remove them from the field--
or just remove the infected plants entirely and accept the loss...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/search/2067149/?q=tobacco+mosaic+virus&o=date

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Smoody -- if you're having search problems here on the farm, use Google and then add "@thcfarmer.com" to get the threads on here.

This morning I found an odd leaf on... A Skunk #1 gal I grew out from seed. :o

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I'm hardly an expert, thanks, just maybe have experience with mosaic virus. There is this stuff called RNA which I mentioned in another thread which claims to treat mosaic virus is available but I have not used it. My opinion would be to just use clean water and maybe lay off the insecticide. It doesn't look like the problem is too bad. The new growth seems to be ok. Doing anything too extreme can always cause problems, moderation should be used with pretty much anything.

S

Smoody

So the best I can do is to remove infected branches? Does I lose dramatic yeld? Is it dangerous this weed affected with tmv?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I would only remove the branches that die not all affected, they may grow out properly. TMV does not seem to be harmful to humans from cannabis. I would think that the yield will be affected by whatever the outcome is environmentally the virus may not be too much of an issue but it is infected and can be a problem.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So the best I can do is to remove infected branches? Does I lose dramatic yeld? Is it dangerous this weed affected with tmv?
It's happened to me, and someone on another forum suggested I increase the "cal-mag" (this was a while ago). I increased Ca and Mg. Didn't see the mottled leaves go away, but I got a pretty good harvest. That said, the plants I saw affected didn't look much at all like yours, and this was an indoor run.

I do not believe it's harmful at all to humans, but it is passed on through seeds and is fairly easily vectored (spread) by insects.

I'm going to be watching that Skunk gal closely, because I've never seen what I saw yesterday.

S

Smoody

I won't smoke from this Skunk its for "patients". Ok, so I will remove weak(there is no weak) branches, plant grows normal btw, have a bit stun few days ago but now grow normal.

S

Smoody

7 branches and 3 only leafs affected. The bad new its this defiency its showing on all more sativa like plants, its looks like cal to me, but I'm so sad and I'm realy scary to put diagnoses :(
img_20140706_130516-jpg.420435

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You won't hurt a thing giving a bit more Ca.

I have to say that... this also looks as though it could be a mold, looking at these photos. I'm wondering if you have more than one thing going on, or... maybe it's been a mold from the beginning? I just don't feel qualified to say, but I do know this much, you will not hurt a thing and will likely be doing more good if you start a regimen using raw milk diluted to 10%, both as a soil drench and a foliar spray. I would also consider adding some sea minerals, very very lightly, and aspirin at the rate of 325mg to 2 liters of water, applied as a foliar either at sundown, or as close to first thing in the morning as you can. It can also be given as a soil drench, just don't give too much. It induces the plant's SARS response, which is the immune system. The sea minerals will offer damn near all the minerals that are vital to life, which the plant may need a boost of. The milk promotes good microbial growth, is shown to prevent spread of viruses and is used in greenhouse vector control, and it will give the plant both calcium and protection from other pathogenic diseases.

In other words, I'm having you throw almost everything but the kitchen sink at them in the hopes of promoting vigor, and these are all things I've used myself to good end.

yellowhead

yellowhead

I won't smoke from this Skunk its for "patients". Ok, so I will remove weak(there is no weak) branches, plant grows normal btw, have a bit stun few days ago but now grow normal.

A plant virus isn't going to be harmful if smoked. It only a problem for the plants, not for us.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

SM said it, I would just give her a little tender care and see what happens. You can't control outdoor like you can indoor, you're going to be at the mercy of what lies in the ground and floats in the air. Pretty sure there's plenty going on. I have great success with native soil mixed with store bought potting soil and water. No need to feed and if the plants look bad I usually don't plant them outside again. Good Luck!

G

gillmaster

As far as i know correct me if i am wrong there are no known cases of tmv in cannabis plants to me it looks like you may have a case of broad mites these fuckers are almost impossible to see dealing with them right now my self if this is any help just my 2,cents

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps not tobacco mosaic virus, but there absolutely are known cases of infection of other mosaic viruses. However, I could have sworn that someone here recently posted they got a +TMV on one of their cuts.

G

gillmaster

Prob wrong about broad mites but their damage has been blamed on tmv most experts agree the only way to verify tmv is to have plant lab tested was the person that posted they had tmv on their plant was that plant tested for the virus i am no expert just curious if the virus has been found in cannabis just trying to expand my knowledge

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Like I said, I believe there was someone who got a +TMV on a cut, but I can't verify that. And yes, you're correct about the testing, the broad mites, etc. :)

Since you are looking to expand your knowledge, you probably want to read the thread on dudded and stunted plants, I think We Solidarity started it.

Top Bottom