Unnatural curls, can’t figure it out

• Thread starter Tedmarx38
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tedmarx38

Unnatural curls cant figure it out
I don’t know what’s causing this. Full details below for this photoperiod grow in week six of flowering. One of six plants, this one has the flimsy curly skinny underdeveloped leaves on top and I can’t figure out why.

I had nute lockout prior due to an inaccurate pH meter that led to high ph, but I flushed them after recalibrating and they improved somewhat in the ensuing two weeks, but this one in particular still looks sickly. Although It’s my first grow from clones, I’ve had 8 indoor grows prior and three outdoors. Help greatly appreciated.

Details
6 sativa-dominant photoperiods from clones.

Week 6 of flowering.

2x4 tent is 75 degrees 65% rh

12/12 light schedule

Spyder sf 2000 led 200 watt

Lumens - 60,000

Fox farms ocean forest soil, 3 gallon fabric pot

Alkaline spring water with high ph and low tds.

Watering/feeding at ph 6.3 and using one tsp liquid calmag with feedings along with Fox Farm’s recommended nutes by week

Soil and runoff ph both - 6.5

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Do you have fans blowing directly on the buds? Mine look like that when they get wind stressed. But just a ballpark guess.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

A picture of the whole plant and some pics of the yellowing leaves would also help as every issue has different patterns show up on the yellowing leaves

T

Tedmarx38

Thanks all. I’ve been careful not to overwater, am also being careful with the light and I measure using a meter. Not sure of the runoff tds but when feeding the mix is in the 900-1200 range. Not blowing the fans directly on them. Appreciate your collective help - baffling at best!

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Thanks all. I’ve been careful not to overwater, am also being careful with the light and I measure using a meter. Not sure of the runoff tds but when feeding the mix is in the 900-1200 range. Not blowing the fans directly on them. Appreciate your collective help - baffling at best!
1200 ppm at once is twice what I feed in soil, and in a hot amended mix like OF, which I've run many times, that's usually only two or three times during the whole grow, if I've been up-potting. I'd want to see run-off ppms to be sure, but my guess is there's a ton of salt in those pots.

Madbud

Madbud

1200 ppm at once is twice what I feed in soil, and in a hot amended mix like OF, which I've run many times, that's usually only two or three times during the whole grow, if I've been up-potting. I'd want to see run-off ppms to be sure, but my guess is there's a ton of salt in those pots.
For soil i do a slurry test but runoff works too if theres enough of it.

T

Tedmarx38

Thanks all for your insight and I do agree that the problem is multi factorial. Runoff tds and ph, soil tests and everything else looks normal. I think the problem is the light I’m using as I’ll explain.

The current grow is six clones from the same mother split between two tents. One uses Spider’s 2000 watt light and the other the 7000, both set to 55-60 k lumens. Amazon has shipped me the 7000 instead of the 2000 back in the day before I bought my second setup (identical tent and components to the first one). For the second tent, I have their 2000.

I’ll appreciate your view on this theory: because the three under the 2000 look awesome and those under the 7000 (pictured in the original) look awful, I think it’s because I have to throttle back the 7000 as it’s overpowered for a 2x4 tent. Subsequently I suspect the light spectrum array on the 7000 prioritizes blue vs red light at that level, hence it’s problematic for the flowering stage.

Your thoughts? If I’m correct, I don’t know what I can do because I have the light hung as high as possible and if I turn up the knob, I run into heat problems and lumens jump to 90 K which causes all sorts of havoc.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom