• Tagged users None
420mooch

420mooch

Unrooted clone burn 3
Unrooted clone burn
Unrooted clone burn 2
Unrooted clone burn 3
Unrooted clone burn 2
Hi folks wondered if you could help me. im suffering major clone burn and a musty smell coming out my proporgator. I thought it was P Mildew. so scrapped my entire set up started again with new tent, light, bubbler pots, entire new set up. even moved rooms. I took my first run of cuttings 10 days ago and once again im suffering same symptoms. leaves are yellowing out and turning grey black on the ends. the musty smell has returned. the mothers were brought up from brand new cuttings from a new source. I feed it it with Canna plant start, Canna aktrivtor, Canna rhizotonic. ph,d to 5.8. dip my cubes and air once a day for 30 seconds. always keeping the vents closed until roots appear. the moter plants show no signs of PMildew. heres some pix. please help im totally stumped.
Unrooted clone burn

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm thinking a mold/mildew/fungus, something has infected your cloner. DEFINITELY not powdery mildew. I've never seen anything quite like that, but if you can smell it, you've gotta get that thing sterilized, not just cleaned. Start with rubbing alcohol.

420mooch

420mooch

everything was brand new and sterilized. I sterilize everything everytime. been doing this for about 5 yrs and never had a problem like this till I moved house. ive never seen it before either...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Looks like they're way over fertilized to me
What did you use in your rock wool?
Are you spraying with just r/o?
I've had clones look like this but they had almost died from under watering. The clones lived but all the old growth never came back and was all dry and crispy

420mooch

420mooch

hi master. I use 8.0 ml of canna plant start, 2.0 grammes of canna aktrivator thricoderma. and 8.0ml of canna rhizotonic in 2 litres of water. dip my cubes. shake and then don't re dip until roots appear usually 10 days later. I have recently moved to a hard water area from a soft water. my water is left out for 24hrs before use. the strain is uk cheese.

420mooch

420mooch

UK has hard and soft water. hard water is full of limescale. 200ppm straight out the tap. also after a bit of researching im thinking this might be a problem with chlorine. I leave my bucket out for 24hrs for chlorine to dissipate usually. some of the UK water companies have phased out chlorine and replaced it with chloramine which does not dissipate. so im starting to wonder if im battling with this. gonna try some water filtering options. but still wondering if this a mildew type disease..

ttystikk

ttystikk

Add a bit of table sugar to your tap water, to help get rid of chloramines and to help keep the cuttings fresh until they root.

420mooch

420mooch

Really tystik? in what dosage? I have heard this before but didn't believe it... does it work for you mate?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
UK has hard and soft water. hard water is full of limescale. 200ppm straight out the tap. also after a bit of researching im thinking this might be a problem with chlorine. I leave my bucket out for 24hrs for chlorine to dissipate usually. some of the UK water companies have phased out chlorine and replaced it with chloramine which does not dissipate. so im starting to wonder if im battling with this. gonna try some water filtering options. but still wondering if this a mildew type disease..
Sodium thiosulfate is the best and least expensive option for removing chloramine IME. But I think ttystick is correct because the purpose of all of these water treatments is to keep the water free from microbes, and the chloramine reacts with organic molecules, of which sugar is one. However, I have never seen a municipal water supply do what I'm seeing is happening to your plants. I've killed a couple of fish here and there with using muni water and not dechlorinating, but never a plant, ever. Softened water, yes, but not chlorine or chloramine, so honestly I do not think that's the issue here. It still looks like a disease to my eyes. I use an aerocloner and I clean it with Physan, H2O2, bleach, and finally rubbing alcohol. It wasn't until I incorporated the rubbing alcohol that I've been able to use the cloner and have it work as well as when it was brand new, so I feel I must assume that my previous issues were due to some sort of microbe(s) hiding out in whatever pores were available in the cloner.

Btw, some hard water is caused by lime (whatever form, there are a couple), and some is caused by other minerals.

420mooch

420mooch

thanks tystik and seamaiden. these cuts were the first ones off new stock of mother. in a new tent. in new bubbler. with new airlines and stones. on a new 6 way pump. new shade /bulb. I replaced everything with new even bought new ph meter, food, scalpels. my nursery is now in a different room on a lower floor. I clean to the highest degree every time. I thought I was battling powdery mildew so took all steps to eliminate cross contamination. I threw hundreds of pounds worth of equipment away thinking it was mildew infected. my previous stock that I thought was suffering this way, once out of my environment flourished and never showed any symptoms of anything and ive never had 1 complaint out of fellow enthusiasts who received them. now that the cuts I took pix of yesterday have dried back a little u can feel that its definite burn of some sort on the leaves. My mothers look in absolutely peak condition...

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Try adding a little h2o2 to your water. I did this and my survival ratio has gone WAY up. I use 3 ml/gallon.

hermit186

hermit186

If you can't get good water, cleaning or chemistry are not the answer. Buy it in gal jug.
Before I did the RO water filter I would just get 3gal distilled it will run my cloner for 2 cycles.
What ever your cutting your clones with use a razor blade scissors pinch the cut.
You only need to put them in clonx and into cloner the take your Riso and add it to a misting jug
10ml/l your burning them up with all that chemistry. Clones don't need plant food to grow with they need what it takes to grow roots. Weed is like a lot of plants they will clone in a glass of water.
I use an air cloner in a 3gal bucket no dome, pump and air run 15 min of every hour.
8 days but 10 is better has 80 to 90% success.
You need to read at what nodes and where you cut to make clone easier that was not right.
I have grown a clone on a cutting like that but was a plant I had to clone right now but it never grew right.
There should not be a branch and that was a three way and the one stem up with 2 being cut off.
With the cuts above the water line the plant is drying out in the joint of that node.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Add a bit of table sugar to your tap water, to help get rid of chloramines and to help keep the cuttings fresh until they root.
Sugar huh.. interesting. .. most use vitamin C

hermit186

hermit186

Here I go again get a bag of the cheapest charcoal bricketts you can by, if your a girl use one of your old panti hose, if your a guy use her's just by a good pair to replace.
Crush the charcoal up into small bits and put in the panti-hose fill the leg with as much as it will hold.
Put it all in plastic garbage bag and put rubber bands around it. Hang up and pour your water thru it.
You will waist some but is ok cut hole in bottom of plastic bag and let drain into a bucket.
Now this is how the hillbillies of the Va,WVa do it and some of the Arcadians of LA do it.
Let it set in bucket and don't worry about the stuff coming out it will stop.
For reference ppm the water before and after same with ph, it will shock you what happens.
After it settles down the water will be clear and taste it it's good.
Part of me was born in a cave but is a hell of a lot cheeper than your other options.
If you do it right will last for about 20 to 40 gals the meters will tell you. you should learn to use ph drops they are cheep and once you learn them you use meter to check .
thanks tystik and seamaiden. these cuts were the first ones off new stock of mother. in a new tent. in new bubbler. with new airlines and stones. on a new 6 way pump. new shade /bulb. I replaced everything with new even bought new ph meter, food, scalpels. my nursery is now in a different room on a lower floor. I clean to the highest degree every time. I thought I was battling powdery mildew so took all steps to eliminate cross contamination. I threw hundreds of pounds worth of equipment away thinking it was mildew infected. my previous stock that I thought was suffering this way, once out of my environment flourished and never showed any symptoms of anything and ive never had 1 complaint out of fellow enthusiasts who received them. now that the cuts I took pix of yesterday have dried back a little u can feel that its definite burn of some sort on the leaves. My mothers look in absolutely peak condition...
You have a whole new set of problems in your near future. Pounds/dollars will not fix but will always help you to feel better. The type of hydro you have chosen is not hard and if your read here you will find much good information. That said hydro of any kind has no mercy you screw any of it up and you get the whole game at once. I clean after every grow with bleach water and let stand 12 hours, then second time let stand 6 hrs. Then I use a 50/50 70% rubbing alcohol and water and spray again.
The in my case might not work for you I raise the temperature to 140 degrees for 12 to 14 hours.
I am sure this is not possible for you but I don't have pest that I can't ambush at the door.
Or mold or mildew.
So some here know I am telling the truth I have wolf spiders and praying mantises at the door.
I am not sure how to kill the wolf spider and the daddy long legs are next to be at door. They pose no threat so I leave them be. I release 20 dollars worth of praying mantis and lady bugs every spring around the entrance to my green house.
When you cut your clones use a new razor blade and put it in alcohol before every cut. One more trick I have 5 razor blades soaking in a 91% alcohol solution don't dry them let them sit on clean paper towel until they are dry some of them come with an oil on the blade that your clone will look as bad as yours. I leave them soaking. My Gkid made me a handle and I don't touch the blade except on the edge reinforcement other side of blade. Just before I cut I put the edge in clonex gel and cut my clone. Then cut the tips off all but the newest leaves about 1/3 of the tip if you leave them intact it will slow the process. When you cut the tips your telling the plant to make roots now. You can infect a clone and then not see it till way into veg. If I clone 10 at a time I kill the 2 smallest and slowest growing. All clones should be new growth and not to small the smaller clones take a week to recover and if you leave it on ma for a week it will almost double in size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom