Unsolvable problem - 6 months dealing with leaf decay

• Thread starter SamRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SamRD

SamRD

Guys I don't know what to do anymore. Nobody has been able to identify the problem. Some plants have it, some don't, all grown under the exact same conditions. I tried cal/mag and they immediately started curling tips and showing signs of nute burn so I stopped.

Image0
Image1
Image2
Image3

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Is it a continual thing or only on select fan leaves that once trimmed are gone?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Mites
Screenshot 20200927 122305 Photo Editor

The rust spots could be septoria, could be caused by the mites or caused by something else but you have a fairly severe mite issue going on I'd deal with that asap

A picture of the whole plant would help with further diagnosis

Last edited:
SamRD

SamRD

I'm 6 months in, beginning of flower.

Soil is MG moisture control. (I know it was a mistake). Only nutes I've been giving for a while are advanced nutrients bloom with the recommended dosage. They are growing outdoors in my balcony.

IMG 3225

I tried cal/mag but it didn't work. I'm taking care of the mite problem but I know it's not from mites because another plant I had had the same issue and no mites.

Someone recommended manganese, I bought this one but it came with no recommendation of dosage and now I can't use it. Does anyone know how should I dose it? I think I'm doomed lol

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

Don't try cal/mag, just use gypsum. You shouldn't really apply magnesium to the soil. Foliar spray it in if you run into an issue. But for Mn, it all really depends on how much of a CEC your media uses. I've used a large amount of Mn before, but thats just because I had an insane CEC. If you have a light mix you want to go less, maybe like a teaspoon. If you have a more clayey, OM heavy mix, maybe have some biochar, you can add a few tablespoons. Use some humic acid as well.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm 6 months in, beginning of flower.

Soil is MG moisture control. (I know it was a mistake). Only nutes I've been giving for a while are advanced nutrients bloom with the recommended dosage. They are growing outdoors in my balcony.

View attachment 1036940

I tried cal/mag but it didn't work. I'm taking care of the mite problem but I know it's not from mites because another plant I had had the same issue and no mites.

Someone recommended manganese, I bought this one but it came with no recommendation of dosage and now I can't use it. Does anyone know how should I dose it? I think I'm doomed lol
I wouldn't add manganese. If one plant has mites they all do. I'm not sure exactly what the brown spots are yet, when I get a chance later this morning I'll take a longer look

SamRD

SamRD

Don't try cal/mag, just use gypsum. You shouldn't really apply magnesium to the soil. Foliar spray it in if you run into an issue. But for Mn, it all really depends on how much of a CEC your media uses. I've used a large amount of Mn before, but thats just because I had an insane CEC. If you have a light mix you want to go less, maybe like a teaspoon. If you have a more clayey, OM heavy mix, maybe have some biochar, you can add a few tablespoons. Use some humic acid as well.
A teaspoon for how much water? My soil is miraclegro moisture control, it retains a lot of water for a long time so I'm assuming high CEC.

SamRD

SamRD

I wouldn't add manganese. If one plant has mites they all do. I'm not sure exactly what the brown spots are yet, when I get a chance later this morning I'll take a longer look
Thanks, I'll wait until you answer before trying manganese. They all had mites at least the ones outside, but I controlled it in one. The sick plant that has this issue couldn't get rid of them. I heard sick plants are much more susceptible to bug problems so maybe it's that.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks, I'll wait until you answer before trying manganese. They all had mites at least the ones outside, but I controlled it in one. The sick plant that has this issue couldn't get rid of them. I heard sick plants are much more susceptible to bug problems so maybe it's that.
Well I might not be the best person to answer because I have never seen a manganese deficiency, they're very rare. Recommend a slurry test of your soil to know if that is what's causing it

Above site has a good checklist, see if the symptoms they list match what you see from your plant?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Take a leaf by its petoile and see if it bends ir snaps. Let me know what happened..dont dick around just do it. Start from top or bottom working your way down or up the plant. Do it randomly every 6 inches up or down plant. At least 5X per plant...record remember whst part of the plsnt they snapped and whst part they just bent wo snapping

SamRD

SamRD

Take a leaf by its petoile and see if it bends ir snaps. Let me know what happened..dont dick around just do it. Start from top or bottom working your way down or up the plant. Do it randomly every 6 inches up or down plant. At least 5X per plant...record remember whst part of the plsnt they snapped and whst part they just bent wo snapping
There are normal leaves and sick leaves all over the plant they are mixed. The normal ones just bend, the sick ones with the spots and rust, they snap all along the leaf if bent, the worse the problem is the more dry and snappy they get

Ndana

Ndana

I've heard no mention of where your runoff ph looks like. As I'm sure you know, ph one of the most important variables.

Top Bottom