Unsure How Far From Harvest I Am???

• Thread starter Skunk182
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunk182

Skunk182

Hi everyone

So I'm new to growing and am 4 days into week 7 and I'm just looking for some opinions from more experienced farmers on how long would they guesstimate how far from harvest I am
My setup
4ft x 4ft x 7ft tent
600w hps
Canna coco choir + clay pebbles 60/40 mix
Seeds. 2 shiva skunk 3 x super skunk from sensi seeds
4x 15l pots 1x 10l pot.

• 1 x Canna Boost Accelerator 250 ml
  • 1 x Canna Flush 1 Litre
  • 1 x Canna Cannazym 250 ml
  • 1 x Canna Hydro Flores (A & B)
  • 1 x Canna Hydro Vega A & B 1 Litre
  • 1 x Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur A & B 1 Litrer
  • 1 x Canna Cure 750ml Spray
  • 1 x canna pk 13/14
I vegged them under a 4 ft t5 (4 bulb) for a month topped the 2 shiva skunk after 2weeks dident top the 3 super skunks used cannas rhizotonic for the first few days with water ph,ed to 5.8 with a drop of superthrive then used everything else as directed on the bottles and used the boost accelerator and pk13/14 for a week in week 5 for a week I flushed 4days ago and have been giving them straight water every second day since flush .
I was expecting to be harvesting in like a week and a half but I don't think there going to be done by then ... Looking around for info I'm counting from when I switched them to 12/12 and not from when I first saw pistiles ... Have I made a rookie mistake? All the fan leafs are still green with the stems only starting to turn purple in the last few days and only some yellowing at the bottom that aren't getting much light ... Any advice greatly appricated as I spent all my weed money on the shit I needed to grow it lol Oh and looking at my pics should I defoliate some of that vegitation or just pluck em off as there turning fully yellow??? I've a feeling I've got another 2 weeks left :(

Unsure how far from harvest i am
Unsure how far from harvest i am 2
Unsure how far from harvest i am 3
Unsure how far from harvest i am 4
T

TripC

You shouldn't have "flushed" that early or flushed in coco during a feed schedule at all, actually.

My advice: don't pluck or pull ANY leaves this late into flower. Leave the plant alone in that regard until harvest time. Should keep feeding normal nutes through week 7.

I'd say definitely going to need more than a week and a half to let them mature before harvesting. Don't think you've done anything wrong other than stopping nutes too early and expecting the plant to be ready to harvest too early. Week 7 or 8 is still too early for most strains. Give it until week 9-ish at least and look with a magnifier at the trichomes. When half are cloudy and the rest are mixed amber kind of-ish that's when you know you're good to chop. A week before that make sure your nutes are cut to a 1/4 strength then last week all you really need is just plain water (RO water if you have it) - that's only time you "flush" in coco if you need a lighter feed then give 1/4 strength in between full feeds but never plain water feed in coco mix until VERY end to get the nutes out for better smoke. Good luck.

Skunk182

Skunk182

You shouldn't have "flushed" that early or flushed in coco during a feed schedule at all, actually.

My advice: don't pluck or pull ANY leaves this late into flower. Leave the plant alone in that regard until harvest time. Should keep feeding normal nutes through week 7.

I'd say definitely going to need more than a week and a half to let them mature before harvesting. Don't think you've done anything wrong other than stopping nutes too early and expecting the plant to be ready to harvest too early. Week 7 or 8 is still too early for most strains. Give it until week 9-ish at least and look with a magnifier at the trichomes. When half are cloudy and the rest are mixed amber kind of-ish that's when you know you're good to chop. A week before that make sure your nutes are cut to a 1/4 strength then last week all you really need is just plain water (RO water if you have it) - that's only time you "flush" in coco if you need a lighter feed then give 1/4 strength in between full feeds but never plain water feed in coco mix until VERY end to get the nutes out for better smoke. Good luck.

Skunk182

Skunk182

Cheers dude thanks for the advice .... My bad on the flushing I'll know next time

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The only variable you need to watch for ripeness to harvest is the trichome color on the buds themselves. Not any fan or sugar leaves sticking out the bud.

But the aim is milky trichomes on the top flowers with matching lower flower trichomes.

Get out your 30x scope and keep an eye on them.

T

TripC

Cheers dude thanks for the advice .... My bad on the flushing I'll know next time
All good! It's a learning process, I still have a TON to learn. It's part of the fun and now you know to try it differently here on out or next time around. Can't knock anyone for trying, right? Best of luck man

Bannacis

Bannacis

Sensi has Shiva skunk at 45-55 days flowering indoor, but grower reports of 60-67 days.
they state that there is two phenos, one goes another week to 10 days longer. So that could be reason of variances.
Super skunk listed as 45-50 days flower. grower reports are 59-68.
Info from seedfinder.eu
Hydro is usually finished a week early compared to soil medium.
So you could be right on with your flushing, sometimes you can wait too long to flush if plant has slowed down and is drinking less water.
Some will say with coco you do not need to flush, imo with all those nutes and additives A flush to rid all of it from plant is a must.
Considering that you have flushed already and still no leaf yellowing means that it still has nutes available.
Just led it ride and finish. They look good.
I have removed some leaf in last week to allow more light to penetrate, but at this point don't prune much and in futue remove all lower larf and branches.

Skunk182

Skunk182

Sensi has Shiva skunk at 45-55 days flowering indoor, but grower reports of 60-67 days.
they state that there is two phenos, one goes another week to 10 days longer. So that could be reason of variances.
Super skunk listed as 45-50 days flower. grower reports are 59-68.
Info from seedfinder.eu
Hydro is usually finished a week early compared to soil medium.
So you could be right on with your flushing, sometimes you can wait too long to flush if plant has slowed down and is drinking less water.
Some will say with coco you do not need to flush, imo with all those nutes and additives A flush to rid all of it from plant is a must.
Considering that you have flushed already and still no leaf yellowing means that it still has nutes available.
Just led it ride and finish. They look good.
I have removed some leaf in last week to allow more light to penetrate, but at this point don't prune much and in futue remove all lower larf and branches.

Yeah... the way i tought of it was you wouldent drink the nutes straight outta the bottles so why smoke em in ur bud :smoking: on my next grow im going to be tieing those bitches down i removed the lower 1/3 early on seems to be enuff on the super skunk but the shiva skunk is very bushy ... also think i got a little bit greedy trying to grow 5 plants in a 4x4 tent lol thanks for the advice man :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

Almost every grower makes that mistake when they first start...is too many plants, overcrowding...lol.
I just recently had some ice bomb...nice strain. A friend and I grew them out separately... I used a mix of different nutrients and she ate em up no problem, my friend hardly used any nutrients. his yield was almost same ,just a bit lower, BUT his tasted a lot better than mine. Even after a good flush. So Less is more...

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Let it die on the vine when you get close start cutting the light back even more.

Top Bottom