Unusual leaf pattern? Huge "suckers" at every node

• Thread starter smaccio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smaccio

smaccio

First grow, first post. Been lurking a while, and appreciate the quality insights. I've learned a lot.

So I have a few plants, photoperiod sexed GSC strain, and this one plant has huge stems / leaves growing between the stem and trunk at every node. They look like "suckers" on tomato plants. It is the only one of 5 that has this growth; the other plants have small short leaves in the crook of the stems. Any thoughts on what could be going on? Rogue genetics, or maybe one seed was actually a different strain than all the others? It really looks different from the rest of my plants.
Unusual leaf pattern huge suckers at every node

elduderito

elduderito

depending on the stability of the cross you can find lots of variation within a pack of seeds.... generally for outdoor I would look to grow branchier plants with large internode spacing to have a more 'open structure' which would be less susceptible to mold and would naturally allow lots of light to all the bud sites... in general, breeders select towards more compact plants to be more manageable in indoor settings...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That's what happens when you top a plant, the side shoots will grow faster. Did you top all the other plants too?

smaccio

smaccio

Two topped, two not. The plant in the original image was topped just 6 days ago, and had those huge fans already. The second plant which is the single here was topped two days ago, and indeed her "internodal stems" (probably not the right term) are getting larger than the two shown together here, which have not been topped.

'Preciate the feedback, all.

IMG 4362
IMG 4361

Latest posts

Top Bottom