Unusual problem.....anyone see this before?

• Thread starter thegambler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Whoa!!! E. boli for plants!! Lol!!

That is scary!! Whats your grow sitch?? When did that start?

Natural

Natural

ehhhhh..trick question har har

that's a bug...you just don't see it/them I've seen moth's do this. nothing other than a bug would eat the leaf like that ..that's my story and I'm sticking to it..lol

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

ehhhhh..trick question har har

that's a bug...you just don't see it/them I've seen moth's do this. nothing other than a bug would eat the leaf like that ..that's my story and I'm sticking to it..lol

Ive been sitting here thinking that it cant be bugs just cause he said it, but i gotta agree.... I have a migraine thinking about what that could be. If it was my garden id go crazy haha. Gotta be bugs imo as well... Or a slick cat or something haha.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

some devil bugs are systemic and come up through roots through stems and work way through stems until they find something they like to munch on looks like they're eating the new growth only?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Fungus would have a discoloration noh? magnifying glass to the underside of leaves good luck there gambler

thegambler

thegambler

A few more pics....... some one on another forum has the same thing going on. It appears to be too high a dose of Pro-Tek Silica. IT'S NOT BUGS, as I've said previously. I've been all over the room looking for them. It only bad on 2 plants.......my initial guess was a virus. I flushed well tonight.......I post in a few days with an update.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

well thats the discoloration i was thinking of for fungus......so is it just new growth? Silica is immobile so you would see it first at tops of all branches....but i don't use Silica and I've never seen this regardless Good luck man and thanx for sharing

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Okay i believe outside bugs may not be a factor, there is no rashes on the leaves and all the infected parts are straight of the vein.

Whatever it is, i think its obviously systemic.

And that is crazy and it sucks. Was it just this once? Has it been a constant? Is it all over or general same area or height in canopy?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
look close people its not a bug....look at the new growth on the first pic..some mutation on the growth..dont know what that is from tho, looks like a recovery from a burn from light on fresh growth..hmmm not sure

Natural

Natural

gambler my man..I use to use tons of protekt in dirt with chem ferts for ph up and I'm talking 15-20 ml per gallon.....sheeesh I know right..never ever seen anything like this. I've never seen silica do anything negative besides rubbery plants..and I've never heard of a toxicity. I mean to get that leafs would twisting and stunted plants...but never would guess silica.
I'm still holidin out that it's some kind of crawler man...if you look at the leaf stem it looks chewed to the point of the stem cause he didn't want the tough stuff. I would bet money at this point you have a leaf hopper..caterpillar..moth..or sumthing similar to eat that much of just the random plant. I've seen it before in my gardens..mostly veg and usually it's a big crawler that goes off and dies and things get better...but stay diligent.
Wish I could help more my man..good luck!

thegambler

thegambler

Two other people have the same thing going on so far......everyone used Pro-Tek Silica. None of us are shaking the bottle, which you're supposed to do well. So that could be it. But I've been using silica by another manufacturer for many years and never had an issue. This crop I switched to Pro-Tek and have this issue. I went back into the room tonight with my green flashlight and again I can't find any bugs or eggs anywhere. The reason I don't think it is...... is because the leaf deforms before the hole forms. It only happens at the tops of plants, new growth. Also, if it was a bug- normally they would eat from the outside of the leaf inward. Here, the inside of leafs are missing, and not much on the outside.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

It looks like an overfeed disorder of some kind, this happens often to landrace indicas that I have when they are young, after a while it seems they get use to it eventually. Also what kind of acids are you feeding the plant? there's something bout different nutes thats they don't like. Are you using any pgr containing products or multiple one at the same time? good-luck if i were you i would flush and add back until you know what "nute" is causing this. Take it easy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A few more pics....... some one on another forum has the same thing going on. It appears to be too high a dose of Pro-Tek Silica. IT'S NOT BUGS, as I've said previously. I've been all over the room looking for them. It only bad on 2 plants.......my initial guess was a virus. I flushed well tonight.......I post in a few days with an update.[
I was just going to ask if you're using extra Si in your mix.

The affected areas are too even in appearance for me to want to say pest or disease.

You're the second person I've seen do weird shit with their plants using Protekt.

Top Bottom