Up the EC or add Cal-Mag?

• Thread starter _B_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_B_

_B_

The coco is unbuffered so that makes me think possible calcium deficiency.
Feeding at a 1.1 EC of Megacrop 1 part

Up the ec or add cal mag
Up the ec or add cal mag 2
T

thatcoffeewater

Damn y'all with all this crazy stuff. I just grow with my garden soil and compost in my closet and on bookshelves 😭 😭 😭 Never had any nutrient issues just light problems. Sorry I can't help you besides point you to growweedeasy.com, it's great should have nutrient issues on there.

Stokes

Stokes

Did you know it was unbuffered?
Tbh i wouldnt give a damn, i would yank that plant out right now and go buffer it. Whether it survives or not. Never seen an unbuffered coco run end well, they always stop updating it. Not sure if thats because they got it sorted or they gave up. Wouldmt want to have that issue through veg, let alone flower.

I always buffer everything, regardless of what it says on the bag

_B_

_B_

Did you know it was unbuffered?
Tbh i wouldnt give a damn, i would yank that plant out right now and go buffer it. Whether it survives or not. Never seen an unbuffered coco run end well, they always stop updating it. Not sure if thats because they got it sorted or they gave up. Wouldmt want to have that issue through veg, let alone flower.

I always buffer everything, regardless of what it says on the bag
Id prefer not to kill it. I plan on putting it outside and taking clones off it. It didn’t seem to have this problem as a smaller plant so I didn’t worry about the buffer. Im upping the feed a bit but wanted opinions.

Stokes

Stokes

Id prefer not to kill it. I plan on putting it outside and taking clones off it. It didn’t seem to have this problem as a smaller plant so I didn’t worry about the buffer. Im upping the feed a bit but wanted opinions.

Hopefully someone that has dealt with the issue chimes in. From what i understand the calmag is being leeched by the coco, so your roots dont even have a chance to absorb it.

You might be able to bypass it with foliars. Fortunately for you there are all kinds of experts here on thatz

Have you considered transplanting to amended soil or more buffered coco?

Reactions: _B_
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Nether / None of the above.
The white spot on the leaf is light burn. The rolling leaf edges is also light stress related.
The plant has a very washed out green appearance. This is also light stress induced.

What light are you using?
How far above the top of your plants is it set?
What power level?
Lets see if we can get the light sorted and the plant will take care of the rest.

Last edited:
_B_

_B_

Nether / None of the above.
The white spot on the leaf is light burn. The rolling leaf edges is also light stress related.
The plant has a very washed out green appearance. This is also light stress induced.

What light are you using?
How far above the top of your plants is it set?
What power level?
Lets see if we can get the light sorted and the plant will take care of the rest.
The light is probably 2’ from the top amd turned down. Photone says 300ppfd

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

There is a time and place for light meters meters. This is not one of them. The problem is that this plant is giving you clear signs that the light is to intense. Your are disregarding what the plant is telling you because a meter gives you a number.

What matters is not the light meter or said number, the distance between the light and the plant or anything else.
The plant is telling you I'm burning! Believe it.
Now like anything else, it's up to you to do something about that.
Weather it be moving the plant down or the light up in order to reduce the light intensity.

_B_

_B_

There is a time and place for light meters meters. This is not one of them. The problem is that this plant is giving you clear signs that the light is to intense. Your are disregarding what the plant is telling you because a meter gives you a number.

What matters is not the light meter or said number, the distance between the light and the plant or anything else.
The plant is telling you I'm burning! Believe it.
Now like anything else, it's up to you to do something about that.
Weather it be moving the plant down or the light up in order to reduce the light intensity.
I think you’re probably seeing the damage prior to the light being turned down a week ago. The plant was fine and I sprayed before lights on instead of lights out. Second photo was before spraying

IMG 6104
IMG 6086
Stokes

Stokes

The plant is light in color because it cant adequately synthesize chlorophyll without more magnesium. The spot couldnt be a more clear symptom of calcium deficiency.

Stokes

Stokes

Pick one leaf and do a foliar of calmag tonight. Post up a pic of that leaf around lunch time tomorrow

Stokes

Stokes

Not a bad idea what strength do i make the foliar

I dont like to give doses when it comes to foliars because of the nature of them. The consensus on the internet of a safe dose is ~1 tsp per gallon of water tho

Stokes

Stokes

Just checked and foliars are 10-15mL/ gallon as per their site.

Reactions: _B_
Top Bottom