Upcoming greenhouse grow questions

• Thread starter Strawberry420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strawberry420

Strawberry420

So I'm in so cal I'm planning on transplanting 5 clones into 10 gallon buckets using the super soil method in June after leaving them in the shade for a week. I have a 12'x10x10 greenhouse. I got just about everything down but I'm wondering if I plant 4 7 foot 7/8" inch bamboo posts in each smart pot and use the nylon netting below if it will be enough to hold up my plants after toping them each three times. I ask because im on a budget and this would be cheaper then using 8 foot metal t posts and metal fencing as support.

Upcoming greenhouse grow questions
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I think it really depends in how deep the buckets are. Due the fact you will be in a green house tho you shouldnt have to worry about wind as much so it might be okay. I would suggest tho if you are using the netting to make several layers of it. Will really help support the plant better. Like this

Screenshot 20200412 082949 Messenger
Strawberry420

Strawberry420

I think it really depends in how deep the buckets are. Due the fact you will be in a green house tho you shouldnt have to worry about wind as much so it might be okay. I would suggest tho if you are using the netting to make several layers of it. Will really help support the plant better. Like this
That was a typo. I'm using the standard 10 gallon smart pots. Also thank you

Strawberry420

Strawberry420

is the floor of the greenhouse dirt?
It's gravel with extremely hard clay soil. I'm considering looking at your grow just doing 6 plants spread evenly and burying 4 8 foot metal posts 2 feet deep and making one big multilayer horizontal canopy.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

It's gravel with extremely hard clay soil. I'm considering looking at your grow just doing 6 plants spread evenly and burying 4 8 foot metal posts 2 feet deep and making one big multilayer horizontal canopy.
That pic isnr my grow. I was just using that picture as a reference. I did something similar to the picture "scrogging"the first layer but wished I had added two or 3 more layers for support. This yr I will

Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck

Top Bottom