Update!! Also 2 Questions Involving Nutrients And Lighting

• Thread starter LacesOutDan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LacesOutDan

Hey guys here we are at week 10 of veg and the plants are looking better than ever. My battle with root rot is officially over!

Just to catch you up to speed I'm running a 5 gal dwc setup with the GH flora series nutes and 2 22w 5000k led bulbs from walmart. There are 2 plants in this one bucket, both bag seed, one of which is a mutant that I decided to throw in last minute. (I've heard that mutant plants are a coin toss, sometimes shit, sometimes dank) So i had to give it a go. I battled with root rot from weeks 4 to 8 but thanks to hydroguard I came out on top, now lots of nice pearly white roots taking over. I plan on vegging these until get my tent and led panel setup. I'm doing LST now and will be adding a trellis for SCROG.

2 questions.
1- In order to battle the issue with nutrient changes running a DWC/ SCROG setup I was wondering if i could just mix my nutes with the water I top my bucket off with?? (to avoid having to completely remove the plants and roots every time I change the res)

2- I am deliberately stunting the growth of these plants with pruning and training, and was wondering if I should consider a dark period change. I'm running 20/4 now, but they are getting out of control. Im guessing it will be about 3 weeks before I get a tent setup and I'm concerned that they will be too large for my 2x3x5 space. Ive heard longer dark period(18/6) causes vertical stretch while shorter or no dark period(20/4-24/0) makes for a bushier plant and tighter node spacing.

Update also 2 questions involving nutrients and lighting
Update also 2 questions involving nutrients and lighting 2
Update also 2 questions involving nutrients and lighting 3
Update also 2 questions involving nutrients and lighting 4
Top Bottom