Update "are Seedlings Done For?"

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Anyone interested can checkout my earlier thread showing the problems I was having with the seedlings.

I had started 19 Delicious Seeds,4 different varieties in 4" cocofiber cups with Black Gold seed starter mix. Something I usually do with clones. Successfully I might add. To make a long story short they sprouted just fine and looked good for about a week. Then they all started showing signs of over watering even though I let them dry out in between. Tried a very light feed after 2 weeks and fried them. Couldn't seem to find the right combination of wet and dry. After 4 weeks they were about 2 " and looked terrible.
Just couldn't bear throwing them away so on a hunch I transplanted into 1 gal pots with an amended Amazon Bloom soil (could have been any good soil) and voila within a few days they all looked rejuvenated.
Long story short again now in 5 gal geo pots and are trucking along back on schedule.
The moral?

Update are seedlings done for
Update are seedlings done for 2
Update are seedlings done for 3
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Something was up with the media they were originally planted in. That's what I'm taking away from this.

AND! Persistence and determination, alone, are omnipotent.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I just picked up some black gold seedling mix to start some seeds in. I have not used the stuff but was under the impression it would work fine for at least a week or two. Maybe I should mix in a little worm castings?

Latest posts

Top Bottom