Update on 3rd grow and a question

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I'm on my 3rd grow now and first attempt at feminized seeds vs only autos. I have 2 Durban Poison (left and right) and a Gelato Auto (middle). I wasn't going to do autos this time, but between giving away bud and my wife and I going through almost all of our bud from our last grow, I figured why not. I was planning to start the Gelato indoor and take it outdoor about a week ago. BUT Temps are still too cold at night, plus where we live, we literally can go through all 4 seasons in a week lol. We had a snowfall and 3 days later 80 degrees and now it's just nasty, cold and rainy. Needless to say my plants look good for being fairly new to all of this. This time too im trying to give lighter feedings over time vs heavier feedings with just water in between and i notice my plants looking way better to my previous 2 grows at this time.
So my question is... my tent is only 5' tall and I'm minimally about 40 to 50 days out on my Gelato Auto. I've started topping my Durban Poison to try and get more main stems and fill up my SCROG but I don't forsee me having much room left after another week or 2. If I switch over to a 12/12 light schedule in about 2 weeks, will it fuck up my autos? Any suggestions on how to continue all 3 plants in a 4x2x5 tent? Worse case it's looking like we may get up to consistent Temps soon and I can rake it outdoors. I just love controlling my environment. Any suggestions would be awesome. I'm on day 40 of Durban Poison and day 35 on Gelato Autos.
I'll attach my grow journal too and some pics and videos to get any feed back.
Lastly, for future am I better off with just 1 or 2 from fem plants in this size tent? My first grow I did 6 Grandaddy Purp Autos in 5 gallon pots (I was new and little knowledge on pot sizes). I currently am in 3 gallon mesh pots

SEEDS: 1 Gelato Auto and 2 Fem. Durban Poison from ILGM
TENT: Vivosun 4x2x5
LIGHT: Mars Hydro TSL2000 @18" and 100%
DAY TEMPS: 86° (Working on getting rhis down)
NIGHT TEMPS: 76°

2/4/2022 - Planted 3, fully germinated Durban Poison seeds from ILGM.
Soil: Fox Farm Oceans Forrest soil
Light: Mars Hydro TSL2000 @ 25% Intensity
Height: 20"
Water: 6.1PH

2/26/2022 - DAY 22
Transplanted into 3 Gallon Pots
Watered with 6.0 PH

3/3/2022 - Topped Durban Poison

3/4/2022 - Transplanted Gelato into 3 gallon pot
Watered with 6.0 PH
Raised lights to 16" and raised intensity to 50%
Performed LST

3/6/2022 - DAY 30 First Feeding
Made 3 Gallons at 5.8 PH and used 1.5 Gallons. Turned light up to 75%
6 Caps - Big Bloom
6 Caps - Grow Big
2 Caps - CalMag
1/2 Cap - Plant Enzyme
2 Caps - Mollasses

3/11/2022 - DAY 35 Durban Poi.
Put up SCROG

3/12/2022 - DAY 30 Gelato
1 Gallon 5.8 PH
2 Caps "Buds and Blooms"
3 Caps "Big Bloom"
1/4 Tspn "Flower Fuel"
1 Cap Mollasses
1/8 Plant Enzyme
DAY 35 Durban Poison
2 Gallon 5.8 PH
3 Caps "Grow Big"
4 Caps "Big Bloom"
1/8 Plant Enzyme
1 Cap Mollasses
Light is at 100%/18"

3/17/2022 - DAY 35 Gelato
1 Gallon 5.8 PH
1/4 Tspn "Flower Fuel"
1 Cap Mollasses
2 Caps "Buds and Blooms"
2 Caps "Big Bloom"
DAY 40 Durban Poison
2 Gallon 5.8 PH
3 Caps "Grow Big"
3 Caps "Big Bloom"
2 Cap Mollasses

Update on 3rd grow and a question
Update on 3rd grow and a question 2
Kungpow420

Kungpow420

I believe Durban poison stretches up to 200% . So when they say that when you flip to flower expect it to grow double its size during its stretch fase. Usually the 1st 2 weeks of the flower period. I have seen plants grow up to 300% during its complete flowering cycle.

So your plants are 18in expect them to get at least 3 ft to 4ft tall if growth is optimum.

This is what I love about these plants they are really awesome

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Wow... That is a huge stretch. I'm hoping my original plan works out and I can get the Gelato outdoors soon. I really want to know what would happen if I switched to 12/12 to the autos.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

Wow... That is a huge stretch. I'm hoping my original plan works out and I can get the Gelato outdoors soon. I really want to know what would happen if I switched to 12/12 to the autos.
I don't grow autos. I am sorry homie. With my idea of them they will probably stretch or just take longer to finish. I am curious myself .
The cherry pie I am growing and the grape slurpee as well. Are into it 3rd week of flowering and hasn't stopped stretching it is past 200% .

Xhale

Xhale

I've played with autos outdooers and greenhouse. My experience is that messing with timing of the lights won't affect the flowering time. you plants will just develop less and produce less bud due to less light in 12/12. I eventually put my autos on a 12 hour night light in the Ghouse and moved the pots outside during the day.

I don't like autos. you need to be on-point with the variables to maximize it. outdoor plants have 9 months to max out and you can play with veg timing and your sizing if you're growing fem indoor.

Reactions: TSD
Xhale

Xhale

In my experience growing autos 12/12 gives airy bud. I quit growing autoflowers. If you want to stretch yields take a few clones.
cloning autos? I don't see this working. Please post more info on this. The clones will be on the same timing as the mother and will flower together. I suspect that you will end-up with a number of tiny scraggly plants and damaged mother plant as the budsites will be removed.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

cloning autos? I don't see this working. Please post more info on this. The clones will be on the same timing as the mother and will flower together. I suspect that you will end-up with a number of tiny scraggly plants and damaged mother plant as the budsites will be removed.
I believe he is talking about the photos

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you guys for the input. I'm thinking that if there is a chance of a 2 to 300 percent stretch, I'm raking the velato outdoors and flipping the lights next weekend which would put 50 days in veg before flowering. They are loving the environment right now and thriving and I won't have much room to move my light if I get a big stretch. I'll update in a few weeks and see how things keep going.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

And no cloning for me. I'm way to new at all of this to attempt that. I wish I knew how to because then I could keep my Durbans smaller. This is only a few days later, and already I'm running out of room and have a long way on my Gelato. I'm hoping to get her outdoors this weekend
20220321 185557

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

YESSSSSSS! Love it man. Suprisingly,Surprisingly, though I have only done autos since I started last October, I have managed to get some fat super dense Buds.. I'm looking forward to see what I'm capable with the photos (Durban Poison). Surprisingly I've had pretty good results off of autos in 70 to100 days and averaged almost 3 ounces per plant besides my mutant plants that have been stunted. Always have had one damn mutant, with three blade leaves, but super chunky Buds. I even had an 8" plant with only 4 colas that got me almost 20 grams. Nothing to brag about but the 4 colas seriously had some fat Buds lol. I'll attach a picture. It's kind of funny how small it is

Screenshot 20220210 100449 Gallery
Oldmustang

Oldmustang

DP was on my hit list of strains to grow and I'm damn glad I did. Big sativa and the description said a good buzzy high to start your day.
Bullshit! I rolled a fatty and took a couple of hits and put it down, did that all day long, fucked up all day long and didn't get shit done.
ENJOY, I'll grow it again!

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Lol. Crazily my last run was gelato and bruce banner. I got really obsessed with trying to get the leaves purple lol (I did), that I got way more amber trichomes then I expected. That used to be my wake and bake but damn it was the best night sleep that I get. That was just one of the 3 plants that I let go that far. The other 2 came out perfect for daytime. Still trying to figure out my thoughts on the gelato. LOVEA THE FLAVOR but I have to smoke alot I feel like and it's frosty as FUCK and was very healthy. But again I'm so damn new to all of this I'm just happy I am planting my favorite seed, it's growing and its giving me the best damn medicine for all my pains and anxiety issues I deal with

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE For the few following. I'm on day 46 on my Fem. Durban Poison's and day 41 on my Gelato Auto. Added a cheap Bloomspect 1200Watt (true 276 Watt) in addition to Mars Hydro TSL 2000 (True 300 Watt). Everything looks great, just need to find a way to get Temps down

20220324 163825
Kungpow420

Kungpow420

UPDATE For the few following. I'm on day 46 on my Fem. Durban Poison's and day 41 on my Gelato Auto. Added a cheap Bloomspect 1200Watt (true 276 Watt) in addition to Mars Hydro TSL 2000 (True 300 Watt). Everything looks great, just need to find a way to get Temps down
Looking gorgeous homie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom