Update on 3rd grow and a question

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: I moved my Gelato to another closet with my Bloomspect 1200Watt (True 276 watt +3%). LUX reading came out a little over 50,000. I have left only my 2 Durban Poisons in my main tent and switched to a 12/12 light schedule. I Watered today with only water with a 5.7 PH reading. One of my Durban's leaves curled up a little and doesn't look as healthy as the others. I have always grown autos (this is only my third grow and firat time at feminized seeds). I was wondering if there is anything else I should do besides changing the light schedule. Should I switch to my Bloom feedings amd steer away from my Veg nutrients immedietly, or slowly work my way into it once I start seeing pistils?
My Gelato is looking really good, twice the size of my previous plants (grew Gelato autos last grow/second grow ever and averaged around 2 ounces per plant) with tons of bud sites.
I would love any feedback on my D.P. plants to get them looking good and healthy and maximize my yields? Should I bend my branches even more to fill the SCROG up or should I do that as it starts stretching once in Bloom. I've heard D.P plants can grow 200 to 300 percent larger in Bloom.
Thank you guys as always.

20220328 213417
20220328 210743
Kungpow420

Kungpow420

UPDATE: I moved my Gelato to another closet with my Bloomspect 1200Watt (True 276 watt +3%). LUX reading came out a little over 50,000. I have left only my 2 Durban Poisons in my main tent and switched to a 12/12 light schedule. I Watered today with only water with a 5.7 PH reading. One of my Durban's leaves curled up a little and doesn't look as healthy as the others. I have always grown autos (this is only my third grow and firat time at feminized seeds). I was wondering if there is anything else I should do besides changing the light schedule. Should I switch to my Bloom feedings amd steer away from my Veg nutrients immedietly, or slowly work my way into it once I start seeing pistils?
My Gelato is looking really good, twice the size of my previous plants (grew Gelato autos last grow/second grow ever and averaged around 2 ounces per plant) with tons of bud sites.
I would love any feedback on my D.P. plants to get them looking good and healthy and maximize my yields? Should I bend my branches even more to fill the SCROG up or should I do that as it starts stretching once in Bloom. I've heard D.P plants can grow 200 to 300 percent larger in Bloom.
Thank you guys as always.
What nutrient line you are using?

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: After reading in depth, I have found (or think I have), that Durban Poisons don't react well to full feedings (I know I'm not wording this correctly, but in my head know what I mean lol). So I flushed my plants with 5.7 P.H cause my soil P.H was at 7.2. I flipped my lights to 12/12 and everything looks really good this evening. Never grown fem seeds (just 2 previous auto runs). I put my Gelato Auto in another random closet I quickly rigged up and foiled tye 2alls, under a cheap Bloomspect 1200Watt (True less then 300). Gelato looking killer already for only being on day 49 since seed directly planted in dirt (my new favorite method). Durban poisons are 5 days older and were started in solo cups and are on day 55. I let them Veg for 53 days. Is that too quick, too long, just right. I have heard that I should expect a big stretch and just in 2 days I see a difference. I'll attach 2 videos for those following this fun adventure. Thank you guys for all the help. THIS forum is the SHIT!!!! I love it

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

A couple of notes based on my current (coco) grow in a 4x4 tent with HLG-600r.

First, yes, your plants are likely to stretch a bunch! I don't know how much that strain will grow, but it's very typical that plants double in height from the top of the soil to the canopy. You may well have space issues in your tent having enough space between canopy and light. I've been there and done that, including having to swap out the tent during flower for a taller one, then watching my plants grow another 15 inches in 7 days to eat up all that clearance.

Now - it's a bit late for this now, but I'll throw this out for future consideration. In my grow I let the plants veg for 5 weeks, getting them right to the sides of the tent. (I should have flipped at 4 weeks considering the stretch that took place). Anyway, once I got my plants to grow from side to side in the tent, they really created their own climate, cooling the area below the canopy by up to 10 degrees less than the ambient in the room. During flower, in a (successful) attempt to control RH and keep it under 51%, I added a powered 6-inch duct fan running 24x7. Lots of 77F air blowing into the tent, and the temperature at pot level is a pretty consistent 73F. The canopy area goes from 79-80F with the light on to 69-72F at night. RH spikes a bit right after the light goes out, but dual 6-inch duct fans take care of that right away.

About the time my plants reached to the edge of the tent, I no longer needed the humidifier I had in there, which was mostly not running anyway as the RH was too high.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for tye killer info. Few things, I have had a 6 inch intake since my first grow and it was WAYYYY to powerful cause I didn't have a dimmer. Plus I didn't have a Humidifier. Got good weight, not so frosty, airy Buds. Fast forward to 2nd grow, I put my exhaust in full blast, turned off intake and my, added a Humidifier and reached perfect Temps and RH. Some days our room gets hot and I periodically run in the intake. One thing that I feel I'm doing a shitty job at is properly filling a scrg with tye durbans. It's simply a whole different level of Plant from autos. Ironically I feel that for being new and from what use heard local vendors tell me, I did a pretty good job for being autos and being new to it.
I haven't attempted HST ever as I'm certain I will fuck up lol. I figured if I need room in my tent I will take tye drivers off the light, put them outside of tge tent which will keep things cooler, and I can then rig the light up higher without daisy chains.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Have a look through my posts and you'll see one about swapping out the grow tent! Might give you more motivation to bend those colas over.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

That was a question. My plants I Topped, and have 2 colas coming off a stem, have more potential colas, BUT I notice the plant looks lankier then the plant that just grew untouched besides the scrog. Is it normal for those branches to look weaker. I'll shoot a video of what I mean.

Some questions in the video as well

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

That was a question. My plants I Topped, and have 2 colas coming off a stem, have more potential colas, BUT I notice the plant looks lankier then the plant that just grew untouched besides the scrog. Is it normal for those branches to look weaker. I'll shoot a video of what I mean.

Some questions in the video as well

Your plant only has so much potential energy at any given time. Less branches = more energy going to fewer spots = larger/faster growth theoretically.

The more you top the more branching your plant will do so it's just natural that those branches would be smaller or weaker than a plant that has less branching.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for the info. I'm a damn landscaper and should have known better lol. Makes total sense. Topping definitely gave me more potential buddies but the plant looks weak compared to the other untouched one. Gelato is looking really good under a cheap ass light. Actually had to move light further away cause it was burning the bud tips on some of the Buds. Can't wait to see these Durbans fully budding. Been in flower (12/12) for 7 days and today was the first time I noticed some pistils

20220404 191948
GridArt 20220404 193439978
Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
This..... Personally as a gardener and a Lady I don't say "No" to growing any of Mother Natures plants. (Actually I am a mad scientist at h8eart and LOVE experimenting with fun phenotypes and such!) My autos do best when I first start them (after they have popped/sprouted/etc) is keep autoflowers at a 20/4 schedule. Photos switch to a gradual light down from 18+ to eventually 11 (light) and 13 (dark) <--- (Long discussion for another time on why that is my photo light cycle for indicas). Yes!!!!!! Autoflowers will get "LARF-y" (airy-loose buds, etc) if given too much dark. They don't like it. But they DO need at least 3-4 hrs a day (to simulate their Arctic climate light schedule.) Best of luck! ☮️

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So here is my update. Since u took my Gelato auto out of my main grow tent to put my Durban Poison into Flower, I have had to keep my autos on a 24 hour light schedule. I don't have it in a timer. It's in a spare closet that was never setup for growing. I stapled tinfoil to the walls. Put a basic room fan in there and have had it under a Bloomspect 1200Watt (True 270'ish watt). And I am happy to say my.plants look great. My Gealto is on day 59 and thriving and stacking Buds. My Durban poisons are 13 days into flower and look great. One looked shitty today because u have been out of town and couldn't water. I am hoping today's watering brings it back. It's my burbank that I have Topped and been a little rougher on. It's got alot of bud sights just looks weak. But here are some up to date pics of my progress

20220410 181758
20220410 181751
20220410 175241
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: I wet trimmed 1 branch on my Gelato out of desperation for weed lol. I didn't edit the picture at all. And it's so cool to see bright red hairs. My last gelato was really orange. Maybe when the rest of tye plant dries it will turn orange.

DURBAN POISONS - starting to rebound but I had to strip one plant of about 30 percent yellow and browned out leaves from whatever the hell happened to my plants. New growth is looking better. Thanks for the help guys

20220422 210041
20220422 205726
20220422 213108
20220422 213154
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

In my experience growing autos 12/12 gives airy bud. I quit growing autoflowers. If you want to stretch yields take a few clones.
Oh wow that's interesting now I made up my mind finally on autos, I don't think I'm willing to try them seems to have more cons than pros! So what is your favorite kind of seed to grow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom